STrib: Fleck likes variety, depth of his offensive options for 2019 season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck wouldn’t make any early predictions Tuesday on how much better his team would be in Year 3 under his direction, but he was excited to talk about the progress in a specific area.

Minnesota’s offense might be the best it’s been since Fleck got here in 2017.

“I think so,” Fleck said at the first stop of the Gophers coaches caravan tour this spring. “We have to stay healthy and we have to continue to get better, but I think progressively we wanted to get to this point. Now we’ve got to go out there and play and continue to master our offense.”

On paper, the Gophers offense has all the tools to be special this season. Nine starters return, including All-Big Ten receiver Tyler Johnson. Depth at running back could be the strongest in years, especially with Rodney Smith and Shannon Brooks returning from injuries.

“I really like where we’re at offensively just in terms of the depth and the talent,” Fleck said. “That doesn’t mean we’re a finished product.”

Fleck said one of the biggest challenges will be finding ways to get the ball to his playmakers. Naming a starting quarterback this fall between Tanner Morgan and Zack Annexstad will also help determine how far the offense can go this season.

“They’ve both pushed each other,” Fleck said. “Their leadership qualities are getting better. They’re owning the team a lot more. And in every area, whether it’s decisionmaking, accuracy or pocket feel, they’re getting better.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-offensive-options-for-2019-season/510252022/

Go Gophers!!

Might be the best since 2017?

"Might be the best offense since waaaaaaaaay back in 2017. Might be.

Then again, maybe not."

— From the well-loved, famous book, How to Speak Minnesotan.

You think Fleck was going to take a shot at Kill's offenses? There is enough of a verbal war going on with Kill. I think Fleck was trying to take the high road and it just came out a bit wrong. Kudos to Fleck for saying we're better.

You think Fleck was going to take a shot at Kill's offenses? There is enough of a verbal war going on with Kill. I think Fleck was trying to take the high road and it just came out a bit wrong. Kudos to Fleck for saying we're better.

Thanks for defending PJ. I mean, not one person in this thread took a shot at him - but you can’t be too careful about those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard PJ showers regularly, clearly that's a shot at kill.

/s

Ahhh, first....that was the reporter's comment. Second, saying the Gophs might be the best since 2017 on paper is a huge understatement...have all weapons back and then some on offense.

Ah to scrutinize every word said from his mouth. Certainly there is more to gain from intonation, inflection, pitch, tone and cadence. Who has the audio version of the interview?

Ah to scrutinize every word said from his mouth. Certainly there is more to gain from intonation, inflection, pitch, tone and cadence. Who has the audio version of the interview?

Again, it was the reporter's printed comment.

Top Bottom