BleacherReport profile on Faalele

I suspect the reason we haven't paid off the new athletics facility is because we're feeding this guy...

Speaking of a future.......it's been posted on another site that the brother talked about in the article is only 13 years old, and is 6'2 and 280 pounds.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Have we offered him yet?

No. We are late to the game. Lots of angst amongst Gopher fans. He was seen wearing an Adidas shirt so probably already getting paid to go to an Adidas school.

Oh man why would anyone do that to themselves!?!?!?!!??

Really well written story and especially enjoyed the part when it contrasted Fleck's style with the helmet school coaches. Won't work for every player but clear that his approach really resonated with guys like Faalele and Dunlap. Nice free pub for the school and you can bet lots of recruits will see this story.

We have had some really good offensive lineman come through here but we have had very few truly dominant ones. Greg Eslinger dominated in a very different way then Faalele could, but when you have those elite guys it is huge for the offense in general. Blaise, Dunlap, and Faalele could form one heck of an offensive line for the next few years.

Wow what a great article written about a great kid!! He has he chance to be the #1 pick in a couple of years!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wow what a great article written about a great kid!! He has he chance to be the #1 pick in a couple of years!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Absolutely, if he can keep improving his technique to go along with his size he is the kind of player that NFL teams will go crazy over. Looking back at #1 overall picks you have to go back to 1996 to find the last time the #1 pick was used on someone that wasn't a QB, DE, or T.

He still has a long way to go, but IF he keeps progressing the way he has to this point he seems like a virtual lock to be a very early pick in a few years. In the meantime we get to enjoy the ride for a few more years with him anchoring the line.

What a great and well written article. Awesome pub for the school and Coach Fleck. Faalele sounds like excellent kid. And he has a younger brother that could be another all-star lineman!?!

That was a fun read. Wasn't expecting the Fleck info. I hope it is an article that is read far and wide by recruits from Hawaii to Maine.'

Red hot chili that melts the snow!!!

Thanks for posting. Nicely written though I shouldn't have read the comments.

Speaking of a future.......it's been posted on another site that the brother talked about in the article is only 13 years old, and is 6'2 and 280 pounds.

Huh? It literally provides that information in this article.

Haven't read the article yet...but didn't Faalele's family move to Minnesota with him?

Edit: Yes, they did. Sorry. Reading it now.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting. Nicely written though I shouldn't have read the comments.

In general that is a good idea with most things on the internet. The comments section can be a very dark and scary place much of the time :)

In general that is a good idea with most things on the internet. The comments section can be a very dark and scary place much of the time :)

True. And gopherhole is strictly a comment section...

Love the article and love that Faalele committed because Fleck wants to develop the whole person. Love that this is the type of news our football team is making. Great article! Thanks for posting.

Top Bottom