Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Great. Then why do we need government intervention?
    You're being intentionally obtuse.

Blog Entries

Once again it is 0723 that has the clue.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    That’s true.

Seems to me he's also being intentionally sarcastic.

Once again, Big Ag contributes to the destruction of life instead of nourishing it.

Florida and California farmers are allowed to spray their citrus trees with anti-biotics to try treat a bacterial infection in the trees. There is no evidence spraying even helps.

So the EPA allows unproven treatments of life-saving drugs so industry can stay rich. Everyone epse has to endure the drug resistant bacteria this will cause. This is incredibly short-sighted.

It should be a no-brainer not allow anti-biotic spraying. Of course, industry wins over all else. Disgusting. Crony-capitalism at its finest.

We need countervailing powers to stop this recklessness. I am about ready to endorse the complete end of Big Ag.
    It's quite the paradox isn't it? If govt regulation allows the corporations to do whatever they like, even legalizing & legitimizing it, then how is more regulation going to help? It sounds counter-intellectual to suggest the solution is less regulation, but maybe we should give that some open minded thought?
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    It's quite the paradox isn't it? If govt regulation allows the corporations to do whatever they like, even legalizing & legitimizing it, then how is more regulation going to help? It sounds counter-intellectual to suggest the solution is less regulation, but maybe we should give that some open minded thought?
    *smacks palm on forehead* I can't believe I just read that.

Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    *smacks palm on forehead* I can't believe I just read that.
    If you were getting sick from drinking poison, would you up the dosage to get healthy?
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    If you were getting sick from drinking poison, would you up the dosage to get healthy?
    Careful, you might make his head explode.

Blog Entries

The bacteria is spread by an invasive insect. Again, masking symptoms insteading eliminating the cause. Big AG, Big Med, Big Pharma, Big University Research. Anyone getting tired of being fooled?
    Kingdom Warriors

Preventing anti-biotic resistant bacteria is more important than orange groves and short-term profit.
    You and I agree on that, not sure how you would have thought otherwise from my posts here.
    Who hates iowa?