Kiper Positional Breakdown for 2020 Draft - 3 Gophers listed

If Winfield stays healthy for the full year, you have to believe he leaves which would stink, but man, that would make this year fun.

Double edge sword... I really hope he can stay healthy for a whole year though and has a long career in the pros. He sure is fun to watch!

Draftable players! I'll bet we're better this year because of it.

If Winfield stays healthy for the full year, you have to believe he leaves which would stink, but man, that would make this year fun.

That is the first thing that came to my mind as well. If his health is 100% or close for the full season, he will no doubt have a heck of a year.

Draftable players! I'll bet we're better this year because of it.

Have there ever been 3 Gophers on this list? Not since the Barber/Maroney/good linemen Mason days at least.

Have there ever been 3 Gophers on this list? Not since the Barber/Maroney/good linemen Mason days at least.

Not bad considering how terrible the recruiting was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, someone told me Draftable <b>Seniors </b>was the measure. Seriously.

Most players drafted are seniors, so yes, they are the most important.

Fleck really coached them up, didn’t he?

Split decision, I think. Johnson is in a much better position because of Fleck. Coughlin got hurt by Smith's scheme. Winfield, who knows? I'd love to see him healthy for a full season, the young man has talent and game.

in 2015, Cobb, Cedric Thompson, Damien Wilson, Maxx were drafted. Derrick Wells, Botticelli, Fruechte signed.

In 2016, Murray, BBC, DeVondre made It to NFL. If Travis doesn't get hurt, he might have been in that group. Mortell got a shot.

In 2017, Myrick was drafted. Leidner and Travis had combine invites. Travis signed.

In 2018, Santoso, Richardson, Celestin all highly regarded.

Last edited:

in 2015, Cobb, Cedric Thompson, Damien Wilson, Maxx were drafted. Derrick Wells, Botticelli, Fruechte signed.

In 2016, Murray, BBC, DeVondre made It to NFL. If Travis doesn't get hurt, he might have been in that group. Mortell got a shot.

In 2017, Myrick was drafted. Leidner and Travis had combine invites. Travis signed.

In 2018, Santoso, Richardson, Celestin all highly regarded.

I was referring to the Mel Kiper top 5 by position list, which usually corresponds to a pick in the first 3-4 rounds. I think of those guys only Maxx and infamously Mitch Leidner were ever on the Kiper/McShay lists at ESPN.

Mel Kiper isn't the sharpest bulb on the tree. This is the same guy that decided that Mitch Leidner was a potential first round draft pick.
Take his lists with a grain of salt.

Mel Kiper isn't the sharpest bulb on the tree. This is the same guy that decided that Mitch Leidner was a potential first round draft pick.

That wasn’t Kiper.

i think it was mcshay who had a mock draft with Leidner going in the end of the first round

i think it was mcshay who had a mock draft with Leidner going in the end of the first round

Yup, Todd McShay ESPN and it was in like March/April after Leidner was 25 for 30 with 3 or 4 drops or something in the bowl game victory. (Whatever Mitch looked good) McShay explained all his focus was on the current draft not the next one and it was just some possible first round guys including sleepers, is how I remember it. But he did have Leidner as a possible first rounder and Mitch looked like one in the bowl game.

Yup, Todd McShay ESPN and it was in like March/April after Leidner was 25 for 30 with 3 or 4 drops or something in the bowl game victory. (Whatever Mitch looked good) McShay explained all his focus was on the current draft not the next one and it was just some possible first round guys including sleepers, is how I remember it. But he did have Leidner as a possible first rounder and Mitch looked like one in the bowl game.

Yeah that was it. Definitely one of those "way too early mock drafts." I think he also mentioned Leidner had prototypical size, a decent arm, running ability and a ton of experience. Funny how they can get things so wrong sometimes!

Yeah that was it. Definitely one of those "way too early mock drafts." I think he also mentioned Leidner had prototypical size, a decent arm, running ability and a ton of experience. Funny how they can get things so wrong sometimes!

To be fair to him, a lot of players would look great if you only watched one game and it happened to be their best game.

All three seem to have a great chance to get drafted mid rounds or even higher and that hype will hopefully be fulfilled this fall. Winfield will face the height police but should test really well and his game play although severely limited thus far (by injuries) vs power 5 teams shows off his athleticism and DNA. People will remember his elite tackling machine dad. He’ll have to make it through a full season to go pro this year...

I’ve always thought TB41 has a chance too. Would need a great season, but I can see it.

I would not sleep on Rodney or Shannon. Andries could have an NFL future. Kiondre, Williamson, Coney all have the speed and size necessary. If Kamal Martin has a big year, he could get looks.

I would not sleep on Rodney or Shannon. Andries could have an NFL future. Kiondre, Williamson, Coney all have the speed and size necessary. If Kamal Martin has a big year, he could get looks.

I think it was Shannon who came out of nowhere down the depth chart a while back too.

You just never know.

Surely, you meant "brightest"

It was right after Wentz was drafted #2 overall. There were a lot of comparisons to him.

Top Bottom