Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Perhaps he is just tired of school. It's not for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoRedux View Post
    Perhaps he is just tired of school. It's not for everybody.
    I read that it is a high priority of his dad for Amir to get his degree. I think he’ll be back if getting drafted looks unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bordergopher View Post
    I read that it is a high priority of his dad for Amir to get his degree. I think he’ll be back if getting drafted looks unlikely.

Sometimes you have to finish things out and get the job done.

I read that it is a high priority of his dad for Amir to get his degree.
    I can believe it. Richard spent what, parts of four seasons with the Wolves? Maybe made a couple hundred grand in the NBA. That's a hell of an achievement, but I imagine he still has a use for a college degree. That ain't the kind of money that sets you up for life.

JTG

Quote Originally Posted by rockford View Post
    I can believe it. Richard spent what, parts of four seasons with the Wolves? Maybe made a couple hundred grand in the NBA. That's a hell of an achievement, but I imagine he still has a use for a college degree. That ain't the kind of money that sets you up for life.

JTG
    It doesnt matter, but, coffey was only in nba for 1 season.

He doesn't have to play his senior year to do that. Can still complete his degree while playing in the G-League.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle22 View Post
    He doesn't have to play his senior year to do that. Can still complete his degree while playing in the G-League.
    That is ridiculous! Going G league would be his one chance to make the NBA. He would have to work full time on improving his skills instead of going to classes and take finals. NBA scouts will not “discount” his development because of school work. If he stays in school, he is expected to go to class and still has “NBA development” potential. If he leaves the U his school work will be postponed until he is done playing basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    That is ridiculous! Going G league would be his one chance to make the NBA. He would have to work full time on improving his skills instead of going to classes and take finals. NBA scouts will not “discount” his development because of school work. If he stays in school, he is expected to go to class and still has “NBA development” potential. If he leaves the U his school work will be postponed until he is done playing basketball.

Off-season, players come back all the time at the one and done factories

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    It doesnt matter, but, coffey was only in nba for 1 season.
    Yes, you're right. One year, $150,000 salary according to basketball reference. Don't know what the hell I was thinking.

JTG

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Off-season, players come back all the time at the one and done factories

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    If he chooses to go pro, he better put his whole efforts into it while the clock is ticking.

If he chooses to go pro, he better put his whole efforts into it while the clock is ticking.

The clock is already ticking

The clock is already ticking
    The clock ticks at a different pace while still in college. In college you are still in the “development stage” and filled with potential. In the G-league you are being given a last shot just incase.

The clock ticks at a different pace while still in college. In college you are still in the “development stage” and filled with potential. In the G-league you are being given a last shot just incase.

The G-League was literally called the Development League until a couple years ago. The only reason it is now called the G-League is because it is sponsored by Gatorade. It is not a last chance league. It's purpose is to develop NBA players.

Default No Combine invite for Amir

The G-League was literally called the Development League until a couple years ago. The only reason it is now called the G-League is because it is sponsored by Gatorade. It is not a last chance league. It's purpose is to develop NBA players.
    It is also a place to develop refs, coaches, etc. if you haven’t been signed by an NBA team, the path to the NBA is very slim. Only about 30 (none NBA contract) players get a chance at the NBA each year out of 27 teams. And very few are brought back for a second year. Here is a graphic of a G-league team makeup:

Be real, it is a last shot to see if you stand out. Chances of getting to the NBA is very slim.

Is there a specific date that Amir must commit to G league or "return" he U by?