Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 108
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherCountry View Post
    And he can always work on his shot in the pros. He has nba attributes. Remember Vince carter and Richard Jefferson? They couldn’t shoot a lick from the outside coming from college. All nba players do during the season is babe shoot arounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by GopherCountry View Post
    Excuse me. “Have”
    Who hates iowa?


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,934
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    i could easily see amir getting a first round promise in the late part of first round. He is a big 6'9 with perimeter skills. They dont grown on trees
    to be honest...there was 20 guys better then him at the G-League workouts..

    Love Amir, but he would do himself a favor by coming back to play his senior year.

    the question for him is.. Does he want to be drafted or does he play euro ball until he's ready to jump to the NBA.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post
    to be honest...there was 20 guys better then him at the G-League workouts..

    Love Amir, but he would do himself a favor by coming back to play his senior year.

    the question for him is.. Does he want to be drafted or does he play euro ball until he's ready to jump to the NBA.
    probably was. Just takes one team to fall in love with him.

    What's holding him back is the use of his off hand. He is a south paw true and true and he wont stick in the nba unless he finds a way to go right (or turns into james harden)

  4. #34

    Default

    Babe shoot arounds may be accurate as well.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockford View Post
    Several posters make comments like the part in bold, and all I can think is, are you freaking kidding me? The "flipping and flopping" is from taking a beating while driving to the hoop. Coffey was fourth in the B1G in free throw attempts, and he made 74% of 'em. Dude ain't afraid of contact. In fact, he's pretty good at initiating it and making the defense pay. What the hell else can you ask?

    And yes, I very much want him back for another year.

    JTG
    Thanks JTB. Agree 100% and I think he was an elite finisher on open court contested drives to the hoop.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockford View Post
    Several posters make comments like the part in bold, and all I can think is, are you freaking kidding me? The "flipping and flopping" is from taking a beating while driving to the hoop. Coffey was fourth in the B1G in free throw attempts, and he made 74% of 'em. Dude ain't afraid of contact. In fact, he's pretty good at initiating it and making the defense pay. What the hell else can you ask?

    And yes, I very much want him back for another year.

    JTG
    Who said "flipping and flopping" was a bad thing? My comment was just pointing to the fact that it was that physical in B10 play, imagine grown men in the NBA waiting for him to drive into the lane. And I wouldn't be so worried for him if he actually made most of those flipping and flopping plays but it really just seemed like he was throwing up prayers and hoping to get a foul called which did not happen most of the time. Again, I'm not trying to bad mouth him, I'm just saying he needs another year to hone in and improve on his talents.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Windom, MN
    Posts
    7,445

    Default

    it goes both ways.

    If Coffey returns to the Gophers, and has a big SR year, it could definitely improve his draft stock.

    But - if he returns and does not play well - or just plays inconsistently, that could potentially hurt his draft stock.

    In Europe or the G-League, he could play in a more pro-style game. He and his advisers might see that as a benefit.

    If I had to guess, I would put the odds at 50-50. He will either come back, or he won't. That's 50-50.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    His stock would absolutely rise if he plays the majority of the year like he did the last 8ish games of the season and improves his 3 point % a bit. Whether or not that would mean he actually gets drafted is another question, but his stock would definitely rise.
    He said draft stock. And no, it wouldn’t “rise” if he didn’t get drafted.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherCountry View Post
    And he can always work on his shot in the pros. He has nba attributes. Remember Vince carter and Richard Jefferson? They couldn’t shoot a lick from the outside coming from college. All nba players do during the season is babe shoot arounds.
    And Michael Jordan didn’t make varsity as a sophomore...

  10. #40

    Default

    This was pretty obvious that this would be the case! Great kid very good college player but doesn’t have a NBA game and that’s ok.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    If I had to guess, I would put the odds at 50-50. He will either come back, or he won't. That's 50-50.
    IIRC, wasn't Richard fairly adamant that if Amir wasn't drafted, he'd be back at the U? Thought he shrugged off the Euro or G League approach.

    JTG

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    9,479

    Default

    My gut says he'll be back.

    But as John Cusack so famously said "I've been thinking with my guts since I was fourteen years old, and frankly speaking, between you and me, I have come to the conclusion that my guts have sh!t for brains."
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Saint Paul
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockford View Post
    IIRC, wasn't Richard fairly adamant that if Amir wasn't drafted, he'd be back at the U? Thought he shrugged off the Euro or G League approach.

    JTG
    Doogie seems to be the only one pushing the G-League option if not drafted. He keeps using Macura as a comparison of why Amir is going to do it, which is weird, since JP didn't leave early.

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    He said draft stock. And no, it wouldn’t “rise” if he didn’t get drafted.
    If his chances of getting drafted go up, his draft stock went up. I didn't say "draft position".

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockford View Post
    IIRC, wasn't Richard fairly adamant that if Amir wasn't drafted, he'd be back at the U? Thought he shrugged off the Euro or G League approach.

    JTG
    He said if Amir pulls out if the draft before the deadline, he will play for the gophers next year. But if Amir stays in the draft and goes undrafted then he will have no choice but to play in Europe or the G league.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •