Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default No Combine invite for Amir

Tyler Cook only Big Ten G League Elite Camp invite to “survive and advance” to Combine.
    Last edited by SelectionSunday; 05-14-2019 at 04:06 PM.

What does Amir do? Does he take a professional contact overseas or does he return to UMN for his senior season?

hes coming back and we are going to battle for the big ten title and a nice elite 8 run

I would think his best play now is to come back. I can understand the rationale that your NBA stock won't be higher after another year of college, but the NBA doesn't seem like it is in the cards. So if your option is Euro basketball, that will be there after a senior year. Might as well come back.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodburyTim View Post
    I would think his best play now is to come back. I can understand the rationale that your NBA stock won't be higher after another year of college, but the NBA doesn't seem like it is in the cards. So if your option is Euro basketball, that will be there after a senior year. Might as well come back.
    If a team was interested in taking him in the draft they would have recommended him to the combine. Players who don’t make the combine are unlikely going to be drafted.

Amir will be a much better player having played through the process to this point.

He will be first team all big ten, team will be top tier, and his jersey in the rafters. He will be drafted next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No reason to believe his draft stock will rise next year

Quote Originally Posted by theczar View Post
    No reason to believe his draft stock will rise next year
    His stock would absolutely rise if he plays the majority of the year like he did the last 8ish games of the season and improves his 3 point % a bit. Whether or not that would mean he actually gets drafted is another question, but his stock would definitely rise.

He'll get plenty of playing time with good players surrounding him. That being said he'll feel more relax knowing that he has a good core with him and he'll do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ten Championship View Post
    If a team was interested in taking him in the draft they would have recommended him to the combine. Players who don’t make the combine are unlikely going to be drafted.

Amir will be a much better player having played through the process to this point.

He will be first team all big ten, team will be top tier, and his jersey in the rafters. He will be drafted next year.

Not necessarily. There is some gamesmanship involved in the voting in who moved on to the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    His stock would absolutely rise if he plays the majority of the year like he did the last 8ish games of the season and improves his 3 point % a bit. Whether or not that would mean he actually gets drafted is another question, but his stock would definitely rise.
    +1 Amir was inconsistent through 2/3rds of last season. If he played all season like he did the last 8 games he would be drafted. If he shows he has the mental toughness and stamina to play at that level all season his senior year he will be all Big 10 and an NBA player.

Come back play have a good year and he could be a second round pick like Bates-Diop.

Blog Entries

He'll be the better because of his experience in the G-League. Now, he needs to focus on what will make him become a better player.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Seems like his best bet is to come back. Even if it's a low chance he at least keeps his hopes of being drafted alive. The Europe contract will be waiting for him either way. Why close the door on the NBA before you have to?

I do think he could raise his stock if he can either improve his 3 point shooting or be an all big 10 defensive type.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ten Championship View Post

Agreed especially if next year he play s like the last 6-8 games he did at the end of the last season.

Quote Originally Posted by macgopher View Post
    Agreed especially if next year he play s like the last 6-8 games he did at the end of the last season.
    Really like him and hope he gets what he is looking for no matter his decision. He sure has plenty to work on. Especially making those around him better. He is a scorer but not even average as a shooter. He plays one half of the half court due to his off hand. Not a good rebounder and yes i know he played on the perimeter. I compared him to other guards. He should be, but is not a plus defender. I can make a longer list of what he does well but most people know what those are. He could play himself into the top 50.