Power Five’s Top-20 running backs for the 2019 season (20. Mohamed Ibrahim, Minn)

He reminds me of a Cobb-Brooks hybrid. He takes care of the ball and he’s a bit more patient. He sure loves to accelerate into contact and deliver a blow. Brooks...love him and is thrilling to watch as he explodes into secondary players but can be careless with his ball handling which I’m sure opposing coaches harp on...and may lose him carries vs the other two (assuming he’s healthy). This will be an interesting story line as the season carries on similar to the QB skirmish.

Agree about taking care of the ball. Brooks has to change his best there.

I really thought it was pretty obvious what Brooks brought to the table that Mo doesn't during the Indiana game. More explosive for sure. Not sure how people can think otherwise. Mo is more of a David Cobb - finds the hole, dependable, but not explosive.

Well, one of the things Brooks brought to the table in that game was multiple fumbles. His fumbles helped Indiana come back to tie the game. Brooks had 154 yards in that game. Ibrahim had 224 yards with no fumbles against Georgia Tech.

He reminds me of a Cobb-Brooks hybrid. He takes care of the ball and he’s a bit more patient. He sure loves to accelerate into contact and deliver a blow. Brooks...love him and is thrilling to watch as he explodes into secondary players but can be careless with his ball handling which I’m sure opposing coaches harp on...and may lose him carries vs the other two (assuming he’s healthy). This will be an interesting story line as the season carries on similar to the QB skirmish.

Ibrahim reminds more more of Kirkwood both in terms of frame and style of play. Ibrahim is a bit more compact and seeks contact more than Cobb, similar to Kirkwood. Cobb is a bit taller and was much better at making the first guy miss.

Brooks is kind of like Trent Richardson to me. Elite combination of speed and power and his best runs are definitely better than the other guys but he isn't as consistent on a play by play basis because he doesn't always have the vision and patience of the other guys, like Richardson did at the NFL level.

Top Bottom