Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Power Five’s Top-20 running backs for the 2019 season (20. Mohamed Ibrahim, Minn)

per Harrington:

20. Mohamed Ibrahim, Minnesota: When Rodney Smith went down with a injury early in the season it opened up the door for Ibrahim. He was a late bloomer, but quickly emerged as the Golden Gophers’ primary back. Ibrahim finished the season the season with 1,160 yards on the ground to go along with nine touchdowns. He hit the century mark in rushing against New Mexico State, Ohio State, Purdue and Wisconsin. However, Ibrahim saved his best performance for last in Minnesota’s bowl win over Georgia Tech when he rumbled for 224 yards and two touchdowns. He’ll be P.J. Fleck’s featured back this fall so his workload and production should increase. Ibrahim will definitely take some of the pressure off Minnesota’s new starting quarterback.

https://stayaliveinpower5.com/2019/0...e-2019-season/

Go Gophers!!

should've just stopped after saying the portion about GTech, because the rest just isn't good.

"A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Harrington:

20. Mohamed Ibrahim, Minnesota: He’ll be P.J. Fleck’s featured back this fall so his workload and production should increase.
    Not saying Harrington is a dink, but does he know something the rest of us don't know?

So arguably the third string back ranks #20 but the probable first and second string backs don't rate at all. Hmmmm. Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbandale View Post
    Not saying Harrington is a dink, but does he know something the rest of us don't know?
    Ha, he also is predicting a new starting QB. I guess Anexstad and Morgan got jumped in the depth chart while I wasn't looking.

I wonder who our mystery starting QB is!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Don’t be so sure Rodney Smith will be the starter and Brooks will be the #2. In November/December, Mo was more effective and explosive than either of the two seniors ever have been.

Plus, Mo’s a Fleck guy and the other two ain’t.

I like that Ibrahim is being noticed for his play last year....but....c'mon....the rest of that write-up is sloppy at best.

I love Mo and he really came on last season but Shannon has had three games I’d label as equally explosive or more explosive. On the negative side he isn’t as careful with the ball as he could be. Brooks may or may not play well again but remains my favorite current back. I can appreciate what the others bring to the table. Mo seems to have that Cobb-like quality to find and attack the right gap.

Smith and Brooks didn’t have the luxury of a competent pass game for most of their careers and the defense was playing downhill on virtually every play. I’d love to see them in peak form in this offense - I think it could be an incredible three or four headed ground attack (Green in on short yardage) that would crush most defenses into submission by the fourth quarter. A beautiful sight.

Interesting & impressive. I posted this update on www.gsufans .com on the (Flite Line board.)

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Harrington:

20. Mohamed Ibrahim, Minnesota: When Rodney Smith went down with a injury early in the season it opened up the door for Ibrahim. He was a late bloomer, but quickly emerged as the Golden Gophers’ primary back. Ibrahim finished the season the season with 1,160 yards on the ground to go along with nine touchdowns. He hit the century mark in rushing against New Mexico State, Ohio State, Purdue and Wisconsin. However, Ibrahim saved his best performance for last in Minnesota’s bowl win over Georgia Tech when he rumbled for 224 yards and two touchdowns. He’ll be P.J. Fleck’s featured back this fall so his workload and production should increase. Ibrahim will definitely take some of the pressure off Minnesota’s new starting quarterback.

https://stayaliveinpower5.com/2019/0...e-2019-season/

Go Gophers!!
    Georgia Southern Option Football - often out weighed but seldom out played!
    www.gsufans.com

We're going to have a log-jam at running back. Fleck should want to keep Mo's momentum, but there's no way we leave Smith and Brooks on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilemina View Post
    Ha, he also is predicting a new starting QB. I guess Anexstad and Morgan got jumped in the depth chart while I wasn't looking.

I wonder who our mystery starting QB is!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Good point. All Seth Green, all the time!

Maybe Harrington is a dink.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    I love Mo and he really came on last season but Shannon has had three games I’d label as equally explosive or more explosive. On the negative side he isn’t as careful with the ball as he could be. Brooks may or may not play well again but remains my favorite current back. I can appreciate what the others bring to the table. Mo seems to have that Cobb-like quality to find and attack the right gap.

Smith and Brooks didn’t have the luxury of a competent pass game for most of their careers and the defense was playing downhill on virtually every play. I’d love to see them in peak form in this offense - I think it could be an incredible three or four headed ground attack (Green in on short yardage) that would crush most defenses into submission by the fourth quarter. A beautiful sight.
    I remember quite well several games where these 2 legitimately were the offense, making several guys miss in the backfield multiple times, just to keep us in it (think Nebraska there is the one that most comes to mind)

Smith and Brooks if healthy are better than Ibrahim but it sure is nice to have all 3. Ibrahim has the potential to be just as good by the time he's a senior.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Three headed monster baby!
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!