Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1

    Default Penny Hardaway's recruiting class is sick!

    James Wiseman 5* #1
    D.J. Jeffries 5* #25
    Boogie Ellis 5* #40
    Lester Quinones 5* top 100
    Malcolm Dandridge 4* top 100
    Damien Baugh 4*
    Rayjon Tucker #2 rated Grad Transfer by ESPN

    Still has a shot at:
    RJ Hampton 5* #5
    Precious Achiuwa 5* #17
    Trendon Watford 5* #19

    If he gets 1 of the 3 still undecided guys he will have a recruiting class absolutely packed to fill out the top 8 of his roster! Is he cheating? Or do kids just want to play for Penny?

    Watch out Blue Bloods! Memphis is coming back to the pack!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    4,706

    Default

    All I'll offer here is this: Hmmmmm......makes you wonder.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    4,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    James Wiseman 5* #1
    D.J. Jeffries 5* #25
    Boogie Ellis 5* #40
    Lester Quinones 5* top 100
    Malcolm Dandridge 4* top 100
    Damien Baugh 4*
    Rayjon Tucker #2 rated Grad Transfer by ESPN

    Still has a shot at:
    RJ Hampton 5* #5
    Precious Achiuwa 5* #17
    Trendon Watford 5* #19

    If he gets 1 of the 3 still undecided guys he will have a recruiting class absolutely packed to fill out the top 8 of his roster! Is he cheating? Or do kids just want to play for Penny?

    Watch out Blue Bloods! Memphis is coming back to the pack!
    You know the answer to this. AAU connections, agent connections from his former playing days, and parents of players of an age that probably watched and admired Penny all are factors. Now if he can actually coach, I guess we'll find out

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Corn Field
    Posts
    23,498

    Default

    Straight cash homie!

  5. #5

    Default

    that many mouths to feed...he will have turnover after next season


    hes taking a page right out of his old coach Pete Bells book

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    6,937

    Default

    Also help to have guys like Sam Mitchell and Mike Miller on staff to do the actual coaching

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  7. #7

    Default

    I smell a new Tark the Shark in the pool.
    Come to Memphis where an education is optional and a lucrative donation is provided.
    How much is 5 million pennies, mom?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34,466
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    $ick. Very $ick.

  9. #9

    Default

    It could just be that he appeals to the kids and their parents.. .. doesn't have to be anything special going on here.
    Who hates iowa?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mean streets of Rochester
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    As Penny floors it spitting gravel everywhere........"Eat my dust Tubby!"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    346
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Yeah he must really be a nice guy and be a natural at this recruiting thing. It's his first year and he might land 7 5 star recruits lol it must be the draw to memphis.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gophereric30 View Post
    Yeah he must really be a nice guy and be a natural at this recruiting thing. It's his first year and he might land 7 5 star recruits lol it must be the draw to memphis.
    I mean he was a NBA All Star with his own signature shoe and has other NBA affiliated people on staff. It's possible that he is doing shady stuff but his name holds weight. Plus he was the top player in the country high school coach also.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherJack View Post
    As Penny floors it spitting gravel everywhere........"Eat my dust Tubby!"
    What did I ever do to you?
    "Is this Moron #1? Put Moron #2 on the phone."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    346
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherPlaya View Post
    I mean he was a NBA All Star with his own signature shoe and has other NBA affiliated people on staff. It's possible that he is doing shady stuff but his name holds weight. Plus he was the top player in the country high school coach also.
    You could be right! I guess chris mullin, patrick Ewing, and dan majerle just aren't very good recruiters.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gophereric30 View Post
    You could be right! I guess chris mullin, patrick Ewing, and dan majerle just aren't very good recruiters.
    They weren't part of a top AAU program with a player that was already considered a number 1 draft pick plus a staff with 2 other coaches with NBA affiliation who have also coached top ranked AAU players. Dan Majerle is at Grand Canyon state and Mullin & Ewing are both in their mid 50s.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •