Accused ex-Gophers do documentary on the alleged gang rape, get ripped for smirking

innocent people to be punished and have their lives ruined?

They weren’t innocent of violating the code of conduct, thus the deserved expulsions. Their lives haven’t been ruined, but any negative effects have nothing to do with the U.

They weren’t innocent of violating the code of conduct, thus the deserved expulsions. Their lives haven’t been ruined, but any negative effects have nothing to do with the U.

OK then all the students who have had consensual sex also need to be expelled according to you. Get after it. Help the U ruin all their lives too.

They shouldn’t owe any of these players a dime, hence why they should lose the court case and I’m rooting for them to lose.

This is like if someone gave an opinion like "The Warriors are going to beat the Blazers" and you reply with "The Blazers will win, hence that's why the Warriors will lost and I'm rooting for them to lose".

I was going to respond with what the lawsuit is actually about (hint. . . it's NOT about the U's ability to expel people for non-criminal actions) but I don't think it's something you'll really grasp.

You can kick kids off a team for being chronically late...why is not getting convicted of something the only standard?

It's not the only standard. A shred of evidence could be a standard.

Yes, you appear to be among the simpletons who want to strip away the ability of a school to expel a student if no crime has been committed.

Never said that. You can keep trying to make the argument I did but factually you are wrong, which for some reason you just can’t figure out. The school can do whatever it wants if it can GUARANTEE that, in absence of a crime or reportable offense that the party involved will have no future repercussions that are not dictated by them (ie have their employment restricted, have to pay money, etc) unless it is directly listed in their student code of conduct and that that is made explicitly clear and signed by all students. The University has not done that (the leak got out, the girls name got out, etc) and that is why I’m simply saying that you can’t just claim that the U can do it the way it has and that it won’t impact people when clearly we have an example right here of it not working

How is it this thread is still going!?!?

Without getting a role call on who has or hasn't been accused of rape?!?!?!

You are so naive that I feel bad for you. I mean no understanding what-so-ever is a tough way to go through life. Good luck G4L, it isn’t your fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is like if someone gave an opinion like "The Warriors are going to beat the Blazers" and you reply with "The Blazers will win, hence that's why the Warriors will lost and I'm rooting for them to lose".

Sounds good

The school can do whatever it wants if it can GUARANTEE that, in absence of a crime or reportable offense that the party involved will have no future repercussions

No. This is your made-up criteria for what you think is fair. It doesn't work that way.

You didn’t provide any logic or reasoning to counter, merely belched out a position with no support. Leaves me little choice.

No charges. Video that shows her as a willing participant. None of which is any of mine or you business or the U's. What happens in a students bedroom is none of the U's business and the U should not be able to ruin their lives because of it.

No charges.

Has literally zero to do with the U’s investigation, which is correct. That should NOT be a factor.

Video that shows her as a willing participant.
Didn’t watch it and not going to. That it doesn’t meet the criminal burden of proof for sexual assault does not prove beyond all doubt that she was of clear, sound mind that was able to give consent.

None of which is any of mine or you business or the U's. What happens in a students bedroom is none of the U's business

Unless a student claims to have been sexually assaulted (or even harassed). In that case, the U is required by federal law to investigate.

and the U should not be able to ruin their lives because of it.

Being expelled from the U does not ruin a life. No matter how many times you try to pretend this is true, it will never be in the blanket way that you want it to be.

They still have their freedom, and they aren’t facing civil suits. They were free to enroll elsewhere and attempt to play again. I have no idea if they even tried. They seemed content to file a lawsuit and hope it settles for big bucks, like many other schmucks in the country.

That large publicity was generated, and that confidential reports were stolen, has nothing to do with the U. The U is not liable for any damages caused directly or indirectly from the publicity.

I'll take that to mean you couldn't think of an argument.

You all just need to learn to speak G4L.

G4L is completely illogical, hence why he is illogical. Therefore, he is illogical and I think he is illogical.

Another win.

Top Bottom