Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Default Accused ex-Gophers do documentary on the alleged gang rape, get ripped for smirking

I have no idea why these guys wanted to do a documentary. The details in this article are NSFW.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-smirking.html

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    I have no idea why these guys wanted to do a documentary. The details in this article are NSFW.

Go Gophers!!
    In this day and age, these types of things are never a good idea.

Several of the comments read "even if she gave consent" and then they go on to blast the guys. It's not much different from what was on this board by some people "even if she gave consent".

If she gave consent, she should be locked up.
    If she didn't give consent, they should be locked up.

www.dailymail.co.uk - It's like reading the Pioneer Press online.

Go Gophers!!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm confused why so many people are confused why he's smiling
    Who hates iowa?

He's talking about a consensual threesome and now he's the bad guy?

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be smiling if said behavior (regardless of legalities) ended up getting me expelled from a large public university.

But again, that's just me.

I've defended the players' right to be innocent until proven guilty, but smirking in this situation is not a good look.

This was a really bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    I've defended the players' right to be innocent until proven guilty, but smirking in this situation is not a good look.
    I’m with you. One would think that would be obvious to all - apparently not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Speaking as a coach, if any of my athletes engages in this kind of behavior and brings this kind of disrepute to my team, they are off the team. The parts of the story that they don't dispute are bad enough violations of morality and ethics. As a society we are allowed to have high standards. The whole episode is repellent.

Quote Originally Posted by everybody knows my name View Post
    Speaking as a coach, if any of my athletes engages in this kind of behavior and brings this kind of disrepute to my team, they are off the team. The parts of the story that they don't dispute are bad enough violations of morality and ethics. As a society we are allowed to have high standards. The whole episode is repellent.
    What parts?

Quote Originally Posted by everybody knows my name View Post
    ... and in today's legalistic world, you get hit with a lawsuit for $42M to cover the players loss of future wages as you prevented them from having an NFL career.

Go Gophers!!
    45 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    ... and in today's legalistic world, you get hit with a lawsuit for $42M to cover the players loss of future wages as you prevented them from having an NFL career.
    One would think it would be obvious to kick someone off the team for almost any behavioral reason but also obvious not to label those people rapists without a legal finding or at bare minimum a fair process that meets or mirrors civil trial stipulations, and particularly when the campus has unilaterally labeled some behavior that is not sexual assault as sexual assault (by legal definition). In the la la land of campus enforcement the administration can probably hang their hat on the players inability to prove damages at this point in time or their ability to finance a lengthy legal battle with the school’s resource rich counsel.