Accused ex-Gophers do documentary on the alleged gang rape, get ripped for smirking

I have no idea why these guys wanted to do a documentary. The details in this article are NSFW.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-sexual-assault-slammed-viewers-smirking.html

Go Gophers!!

In this day and age, these types of things are never a good idea.

Several of the comments read "even if she gave consent" and then they go on to blast the guys. It's not much different from what was on this board by some people "even if she gave consent".

If she gave consent, she should be locked up.
If she didn't give consent, they should be locked up.

I'm confused why so many people are confused why he's smiling:confused:

He's talking about a consensual threesome and now he's the bad guy?

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be smiling if said behavior (regardless of legalities) ended up getting me expelled from a large public university.

But again, that's just me.

I've defended the players' right to be innocent until proven guilty, but smirking in this situation is not a good look.

I've defended the players' right to be innocent until proven guilty, but smirking in this situation is not a good look.

I’m with you. One would think that would be obvious to all - apparently not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking as a coach, if any of my athletes engages in this kind of behavior and brings this kind of disrepute to my team, they are off the team. The parts of the story that they don't dispute are bad enough violations of morality and ethics. As a society we are allowed to have high standards. The whole episode is repellent.

Speaking as a coach, if any of my athletes engages in this kind of behavior and brings this kind of disrepute to my team, they are off the team. The parts of the story that they don't dispute are bad enough violations of morality and ethics. As a society we are allowed to have high standards. The whole episode is repellent.

What parts?

... and in today's legalistic world, you get hit with a lawsuit for $42M to cover the players loss of future wages as you prevented them from having an NFL career. :confused:

... and in today's legalistic world, you get hit with a lawsuit for $42M to cover the players loss of future wages as you prevented them from having an NFL career. :confused:

One would think it would be obvious to kick someone off the team for almost any behavioral reason but also obvious not to label those people rapists without a legal finding or at bare minimum a fair process that meets or mirrors civil trial stipulations, and particularly when the campus has unilaterally labeled some behavior that is not sexual assault as sexual assault (by legal definition). In the la la land of campus enforcement the administration can probably hang their hat on the players inability to prove damages at this point in time or their ability to finance a lengthy legal battle with the school’s resource rich counsel.

There’s no winning in the court of public opinion. Look at the tweets in that story. A sea of unthinking dumbassery.

These guys are the biggest ass clowns I’ve seen in awhile. Their stupidity is downright embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These guys are the biggest ass clowns I’ve seen in awhile. Their stupidity is downright embarrassing.

Stupid - yes. But, innocent of a crime until proven guilty and the Title IX clown court should never have existed in the first place - that is simply in existence to smear reputations on cases lacking enough evidence to charge/convict. At the time this occurred, I defended the players and received a 6-month ban on this website. That is also sick. I hope the players get their $45M and rule of law (and commonsense) is restored at the U.

Rapist - Pedophile - Murderer - these terms have meaning and we should never do anything to diminish their meaning.

You would kick people off of your team based on the kind of consensual sexual activities they partake in?

It's one thing if it's non-consensual, obviously, that's horrendous and everyone agrees with you. However, you seem to be implying that you'd kick them off your team even if this was consensual. If that's the case, that's incredibly creepy.

Here are both reports:

https://kstp.com/sports/university-...eport-gophers-football-players/4347059/?cat=1

If you aren't disgusted by what they did....and they are accused of rape...then I would say you have problems. She did not give consent in the video. She did say no no no in the video. She was very drunk. If this is how one behaves towards women...

These guys were awful representatives of the University and they continue to be awful representatives of the university. I for one am glad that Claeys got fired as a result and am glad that Fleck is doing all he can to make his football players into men who represent the university well. These guys are not helping their reputations...and this is from the UK. It's an international embarrassment not a local one. This chapter needs to end.

Here are both reports:

https://kstp.com/sports/university-...eport-gophers-football-players/4347059/?cat=1

If you aren't disgusted by what they did....and they are accused of rape...then I would say you have problems. She did not give consent in the video. She did say no no no in the video. She was very drunk. If this is how one behaves towards women...

These guys were awful representatives of the University and they continue to be awful representatives of the university. I for one am glad that Claeys got fired as a result and am glad that Fleck is doing all he can to make his football players into men who represent the university well. These guys are not helping their reputations...and this is from the UK. It's an international embarrassment not a local one. This chapter needs to end.

*were accused of rape and were cleared by the police

Like you I don't know what happened that night past what the players have said and what she has said. Is it my thing to get sloppy seconds? No, but I"m not going to pretend orgies don't happen in the world or that threesomes aren't common especially in college. You watched the video? You should be disgusted with yourself.

You think the current football players aren't having sex and threesomes because fleck is the coach? You are the real embarrassment.

*were accused of rape and were cleared by the police

Like you I don't know what happened that night past what the players have said and what she has said. Is it my thing to get sloppy seconds? No, but I"m not going to pretend orgies don't happen in the world or that threesomes aren't common especially in college. You watched the video? You should be disgusted with yourself.

You think the current football players aren't having sex and threesomes because fleck is the coach? You are the real embarrassment.

She did not retract her rape accusation so yes, they are still accused of rape. She was not charged with filing bogus accusations and fully cooperated with the police. I didn't watch the video, I read the both full reports which included the transcript.

She was not charged with filing bogus accusations and fully cooperated with the police.

That's pretty uncommon no matter what the situation. I'm not sure that tidbit proves anything.

She did not retract her rape accusation so yes, they are still accused of rape. She was not charged with filing bogus accusations and fully cooperated with the police. I didn't watch the video, I read the both full reports which included the transcript.

If you didn't watch the video then how do you know what was in it? And no, she accused them of rape and it went no where so they are no longer accused of rape, they WERE accused of rape.

Care to comment on the other parts? You really think none of Fleck's players are getting some hot college @ss? Just because you have a different sex life doesn't mean you can control other people's sex lives.

It's an international embarrassment not a local one. This chapter needs to end.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the international community isn't spending two seconds worrying about this.

If you didn't watch the video then how do you know what was in it? And no, she accused them of rape and it went no where so they are no longer accused of rape, they WERE accused of rape.

Care to comment on the other parts? You really think none of Fleck's players are getting some hot college @ss? Just because you have a different sex life doesn't mean you can control other people's sex lives.

I have no problem with folks doing whatever the heck they want to consensually. I have a problem with football players training someone's daughter without consent. I have a problem with the police department contacting the athletic department BEFORE gathering evidence, giving them time to lawyer up the players and get them to get their stories straight...all getting the same lawyer. I have problem with the police department not going immediately to the scene to collect evidence but letting days pass so all can be destroyed. To me campus police protect the university more than they protect alleged victims. This woman thought she was raped and still thinks she was raped. Whatever people do with consent if fine but she didn't remember giving consent, vaguely remembers being held down but even the police report says her memory was spotty. When one is extremely drunk one can't give consent. If she had wanted to do this she wouldn't gone to the police. She gains nothing by doing that. 23% of women are sexually assaulted during college. Being assaulted is a major reason women drop out of college. It affects their GPA. So not taking rape allegations seriously is a problem. That guys are training women even consensually on campus is a problem if it becomes news because it won't sit will with the donor class...just FYI...perhaps you don't spend time with donors to know that? Once again these morons are making a dark part of the University international news. If you are okay with that...then you have no idea how public university education funding works.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the international community isn't spending two seconds worrying about this.

Probably true but I remember the players managed to make it national news for more news cycles than it would have received during the Holiday Bowl. It did not help put the university in a positive light. Besides playing football, the other job of scholarship athletes is to represent the u. And this link if from the UK. Ugh!

Top Bottom