Ranking the Big Ten Basketball Coaches (#8. Richard Pitino, Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Hammer & Rails:

8. Richard Pitino – Minnesota – Just when it looks like Pitino is going to get fired he turns things around and reaches the tournament. He won the NIT in his first year, then was 8-23 two years later. He followed that a year later with 24-10. His teams are either pretty good or abjectly terrible.

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2019/5/13/18617918/big-ten-basketball-coaches-rankings

Go Gophers!!

This coming season, I think, defines Richard Pitino. He can move up to 3,4, or 5 pretty easily contending for the the Big Ten title. Finish 7th or lower and it's getting stale.... I suppose depending on circumstances. He seems to attract adversity.

I just think he/we are due some good fortune in the cycle.

He could easily rise to top 5 with a top 3 finish and a home run 2020 recruiting class! I hope he succeeds!

This coming season, I think, defines Richard Pitino. He can move up to 3,4, or 5 pretty easily contending for the the Big Ten title. Finish 7th or lower and it's getting stale.... I suppose depending on circumstances. He seems to attract adversity.

I just think he/we are due some good fortune in the cycle.

Last season was probably one of his better overall seasons. No real off court issues, no suspensions, etc. Injuries happened but weren't the theme of the season. Solid contributions from his freshman class, rounded it out with a nice class for the following year. Graduated a historically good player that he recruited and coached for 4 years.

Need to follow it up with a solid season. Coffey coming back would boost his chances of that greatly. Whether or not Amir belongs in the NBA is TBD...but he is a good/very good Big Ten player.

Top Bottom