Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Happy Endings and the Grinder were good. But the ratings justified both (and every other show on this list) being cancelled. Another is Jericho. They brought it back for a second season after the fans protested but gutted the budget and it wasn't as good.
    Were the ratings really that bad, howie? Worse than other shows? You must know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Were the ratings really that bad, howie? Worse than other shows? You must know.
    For the ones listed, yes, the ratings were bad. Sometimes networks keep an even lower rated show going an extra season or two because it's critically acclaimed or one of the suits likes it though. (30 Rock, Parks and Rec and the Mindy Project come to mind.)
    Last edited by howeda7; 05-13-2019 at 04:57 PM.

For the ones listed, yes, the ratings were bad. Sometimes networks keep an even lower rated show going an extra season or two because it's critically acclaimed or one of the suits likes it though. (Parks and Rec and the Mindy Project come to mind.)
    So....ratings were bad. You failed to source that. Because I never saw that as a reason. I read that it was a new exec that came in and canned the shows he didn't like.

For the ones listed, yes, the ratings were bad. Sometimes networks keep an even lower rated show going an extra season or two because it's critically acclaimed or one of the suits likes it though. (30 Rock, Parks and Rec and the Mindy Project come to mind.)
    Oh...and I never watched the Mimby Process. I'm sure it was ......good? 30 Rock and Parks and Rec were great shows. NBC is the only network that makes quality sitcoms any longer.

Blog Entries

So....ratings were bad. You failed to source that. Because I never saw that as a reason. I read that it was a new exec that came in and canned the shows he didn't like.
    TV ratings are not hard to research if you're interested. All of the shows you mentioned were cancelled primarily because they got poor ratings. Execs don't cancel their top rated shows whether they like them or not.

Blog Entries

Oh...and I never watched the Mimby Process. I'm sure it was ......good? 30 Rock and Parks and Rec were great shows. NBC is the only network that makes quality sitcoms any longer.
    I never watched it either. I just know that Fox dragged it through like 6 seasons despite very low #'s.

Network sitcoms are mostly awful now.

TV ratings are not hard to research if you're interested. All of the shows you mentioned were cancelled primarily because they got poor ratings. Execs don't cancel their top rated shows whether they like them or not.
    So you said that Happy Endings got low ratings.....and we're still waiting for data. I don't doubt it...but compared to other shows that got 5-6-7+ seasons? Back up your $hit.

A more recent show that was cancelled I enjoyed was Last Man on Earth. Wasn't great but I was entertained.

Blog Entries

So you said that Happy Endings got low ratings.....and we're still waiting for data. I don't doubt it...but compared to other shows that got 5-6-7+ seasons? Back up your $hit.
    Jesus. Google the ratings if you're interested. I don't have TV ratings from 6 years ago handy. I happened to like that show too. But the ratings for the second season sucked. It is what it is. You're just arguing for no reason.

Quality and ratings have never been linked. A "good" show can get bad ratings, and a "bad" show can get good ratings. ratings just measure how many people are watching a program. it makes no judgement as to the quality of that program.

Just because you and your 6 friends all like a show, that doesn't mean it's going to survive.

In the end, it's all about money. better ratings = higher advertising rates = more revenue generated. quality doesn't pay the bills.

You have seriously gone off the rails angry young man mode. Seriously. You should think about giving up social media and the news, maybe even the board, for like a week or so. Take a walk, smell the clean spring air, get yourself some ice cream, maybe some meditation; or maybe you just need to bust a nut. Whatever it is, you need to do something about it before we all read about you doing something like going postal somewhere.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    You have seriously gone off the rails angry young man mode. Seriously. You should think about giving up social media and the news, maybe even the board, for like a week or so. Take a walk, smell the clean spring air, get yourself some ice cream, maybe some meditation; or maybe you just need to bust a nut. Whatever it is, you need to do something about it before we all read about you doing something like going postal somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    Don't you have some infowars, to be catching up on?

I was disappointed when "Dark Matter" was cancelled. It had an intriguing premise.

Default Pitch

I loved Pitch on Fox. Best acting ever on TV. One and done.