Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Blog Entries

He doesn't have much time to lay with. 3 slots can fill up in a hurry.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    He doesn't have much time to lay with. 3 slots can fill up in a hurry.
    Badgers can have him, he's a defensive liability and without Bo Ryan, Gard isn't going to fix that

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Badgers can have him, he's a defensive liability and without Bo Ryan, Gard isn't going to fix that

Not my kind of player but i would not sell Gard short as he went 14-6 last year. Bo left him down 2 recruiting classes and he was still the fastest to 40 wins in conference history.

Crowl is a P5 talent, but I don't see him being more than a role player at the next level, he is extremely stiff, not overly athletic, relies too much on his size,and checks out games when things aren't going well. Don't see him contributing much before being an upperclassman and will require a bit of coaching to get to that point. Every team could use role players, but it isn't someone your going to cry about if ends up elsewhere, I am not concerned about his recruitment regardless of how it works out with him.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Not my kind of player but i would not sell Gard short as he went 14-6 last year. Bo left him down 2 recruiting classes and he was still the fastest to 40 wins in conference history.
    Did most of that with Bo's guys, look how they finished last year. Gard is a fine coach on offense, but he doesn't Demand defense like Bo did.

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Did most of that with Bo's guys, look how they finished last year. Gard is a fine coach on offense, but he doesn't Demand defense like Bo did.

Do we really have to go through this again for one guy? He has been to the NCAA tourney in 3 of the 4 years he has been HC including 2 sweet 16's, nearly 2 elite 8's. Built is right about Bo checking out of recruiting in the end. If you asked Gard he would not tell you that. He would take the blame himself. Sleep on Gard if you like but it would be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
    Crowl is a P5 talent, but I don't see him being more than a role player at the next level, he is extremely stiff, not overly athletic, relies too much on his size,and checks out games when things aren't going well. Don't see him contributing much before being an upperclassman and will require a bit of coaching to get to that point. Every team could use role players, but it isn't someone your going to cry about if ends up elsewhere, I am not concerned about his recruitment regardless of how it works out with him.
    Agree with this 100%.

Not a difference maker but a functional player as a Junior/Senior.

Committing to Wisconsin, don't think Pitino and staff was very high on him and sounds like a lot of other schools walked back offers, like I said before good luck to the kid but I think we can do better than him

Go Gophers!!

Reminds me of Illikainen. No loss at all for Gophs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wait. Did Pitino offer him? If so does Pitino make it a habit to offer kids hes not high on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkytown Don View Post
    Wait. Did Pitino offer him? If so does Pitino make it a habit to offer kids hes not high on?
    He was high on him orginally, so we're many other schools, however his play came back to earth and it became clear that he was just having a really good stretch showcased his potential but was still a project at next level. Minnesota didn't take the offer back like other schools but did want him to wait to see how the incoming class came along before taking his commitment, crowl was not happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkytown Don View Post
    Pitino like most college coaches offer alot of players, they may have liked him but not as much as they liked the other bigs they are after. Offers really dont mean much.