All Things Steven Crowl Thread (UPDATED: Crowl commits to UW)

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Kid can play. Good low post footwork and good low post moves. He can shoot from three and has a nice stroke. Crowl more than held his own against Carlson in the State Tournament.

He is a......

Kid can play. Good low post footwork and good low post moves. He can shoot from three and has a nice stroke. Crowl more than held his own against Carlson in the State Tournament.

.....young Muscala!

Not very impressed with him. I've seen him play several times, could be a late developer kid. Who knows.

Not very impressed with him. I've seen him play several times, could be a late developer kid. Who knows.

He's never gonna wow anyone, but hes skilled. Definitely a project thats gonna take time but hes got a nice skill set.

I've seen him play two or three times when Eastview plays PL. Dawson and Robert Jones dominate him. I view him as a Colorado State, UW - Milwaukee, Montana State mid-major big man.

Robert Jones is quite athletic and was over shadowed by Garcia at PL. I think Denver is going to love him. They usually play a 6-8 guy in the middle.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Allegedly did an unofficial visit to minnesota recently per Ryan James, couldn't read the article though because it was VIP access only

He had better grab it today. Same for Madsen.

per Marcus:

Eight big names

Ben Carlson 6-9 PF East Ridge: One of the state’s top rebounders, Carlson has most of the Big Ten after him, but Stanford is trying hard to lure him.

Steven Crowl 6-11 C Eastview: Relatively unknown nationally before a breakout spring as a highly-skilled big man for D1 Minnesota’s AAU program.

Dain Dainja 6-9 PF Park Center: His father, Dana Jackson, played for the Gophers, but Dainja decided last month to take his powerful post game to Baylor.

Dawson Garcia 6-11 PF Prior Lake: Garcia’s three-point range and mobility for his height has blue bloods looking at Minnesota again, one class after Duke signed Matthew Hurt.

Gabe Madsen 6-6 SG Rochester Mayo: Flashy scorer exploded for 53 points and 12 threes in a game last season. He recently picked up a Gopher offer.

Mason Madsen 6-3 PG Rochester Mayo: His twin brother, Gabe, has bigger offers, but Mason’s steady play might make some high majors offer them both.

Jalen Suggs 6-4 PG Minnehaha Academy: Two-sport standout and one of the state’s best athletes ever is leaning toward deciding in August to possibly stick with college hoops.

Kerwin Walton 6-5 SG Hopkins: Three-point shooting and defense are his specialties, which earned him offers from the Big Ten, Big East and Pac-12.

http://www.startribune.com/get-to-know-the-minnesotans-of-the-2020-class/512565352/

Go Gophers!!

Crowl would be a great get. Redshirt him and then by year 3 you can have someone special. The non blue bloods have found tremendous success using redshirts.

He will practice against Oturu. That will speed the development process.

Crazy that he is like the #7 prospect in the state in that class! There are some years a decade ago a 6-11 guy like him would be the #1 in MN.

I watched him over the weekend and I was not impressed at all by him. Unless I missed some buckets I think he only scored 2pts in the second half(I missed the majority of the 1st). Seemed really stiff and not very athletic, had a bad attitude(was jawing a lot), not much effort and honestly just seemed like he didn't want to be out on the court. Honestly had I not known who he was I wouldn't have thought he was D1 talent. I likely just caught him at his worse, but man it was not pretty.

At this point i am a pass on his game. Much can happen with a redshirt and two years.

Ha! I watched his highlight tape and thought he looked like a lot of past Badger bigs. Not impressively athletic, but a good pick & pop shooter.

I'm starting to hear his offer might not be "commitable" anymore and staff wants to see how the class shakes out before they take a commitment from Crowl.

I'm starting to hear his offer might not be "commitable" anymore and staff wants to see how the class shakes out before they take a commitment from Crowl.

Hmmm- I hope this means they like where they stand with others.

Fine with me if true, we already have two traditional "Centers" in Freman and Oturu. I don't think Oturu will go pro until after his Junior season so we have solid depth at that position. I'd be happy with Crowl, but would rather see us target forwards who can stretch a defense like Garcia and Carlson(kind of).

The way I figure it is that we have 3 spots and ideally we would grab the following(In order of who I want):
  • Ball handling Guard: Suggs/Mashburn/Berry
  • Combo Guard/Wing:Walton/Gordon/Madsen
  • Forward:Garcia/Carlson/Coles

Obviously, we could take two forwards or wings/guards if they want to commit but either way imo a big man who plays like Crowl is pretty low on my list for positions of need.

per Marcus:

Gophers basketball has its first big recruiting date planned for the football team’s season opener next Thursday against South Dakota State at TCF Bank Stadium.

Expected on the first official visit for Richard Pitino this fall will be three-star Sunrise Christian Academy (Kan.) guard Ty Berry, but he won’t be alone.

Accompanying Berry will be several local prospects on unofficials, including 2020 targets and D1 Minnesota teammates Dawson Garcia, Kerwin Walton, Steven Crowl and Ben Carlson.

http://www.startribune.com/kansas-g...-recruits-visiting-football-opener/554893002/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom