Default Shooter: Former Gopher Jeff Moritko completed a 35 year promise to get his degree

per Shooter:

Jeff Moritko, the former Gophers offensive lineman from Minneapolis Edison, just completed a 35-year promise to his parents and beloved late Gophers line coach Butch Nash to finish his college degree.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/05/1...kout-all-star/

Go Gophers!!

What is his degree in?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    What is his degree in?
    Procrastination Studies

Pff... It only took six years to get mine.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

I was on the 5 year plan.....only because I didn't want to leave campus! (kind of dragged my feet those last two years)

Quote Originally Posted by beavergopher View Post
    Procrastination Studies
    LOL! However he did get his degree and needed to put the work in. He must have a huge weight off of his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    LOL! However he did get his degree and needed to put the work in. He must have a huge weight off of his shoulders.
    Good for Jeff Moritko. Earning a college degree is a great achievement, no matter how long it takes.
    Last edited by denguegopher; 05-12-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    What is his degree in?
    Certainly not restaurant management

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by denguegopher View Post
    Good for Jeff Moritko. Earning a college degree is a great achievement, not matter how long it takes.
    Ditto! Congratulations Jeff!
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by denguegopher View Post
    Good for Jeff Moritko. Earning a college degree is a great achievement, no matter how long it takes.
    eh, not really. it's really hard to fail out of college these days as long as the checks keep clearing.

i took astronomy for non-majors on pass/fail. i went to the first class and the final and i passed the class.
    We have a philosophical difference on what constitutes a law

Quote Originally Posted by bigtenchamps1899 View Post
    eh, not really. it's really hard to fail out of college these days as long as the checks keep clearing.

i took astronomy for non-majors on pass/fail. i went to the first class and the final and i passed the class.
    I mean, I don't think you'd ever get kicked out of the U entirely, but it is very easy to fail out of a specific major or program and have to find something else to study.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtenchamps1899 View Post

It really depends on what you're studying / doing. Some majors you're effectively out... not of the U forever, but you're not graduating with that major or whatever.