Gopher 2019 Season Poster Fail

Gopher Gildy

Reaction score
Received this season poster at an open spring practice in Dinkytown. Just realized they forgot to mention a certain game. Look between the Penn State logo (November 9) and the Northwestern logo (November 23) - you should see an Iowa Hawkeye logo in white, but it appears the graphics department forgot about the game :(

We are all human and we all make mistakes. This is of very, very, very, minor significance. It's Friday afternoon and I have too much time on my hands at work right now haha. I actually think the graphic design + video + social media department has done an incredible job of documenting this program under Mr. Fleck. The social media content catered to high school recruits has been amazing. I'm sure this was just a strange/rare error that happens to be magnified because I assume they're handing them out to hundreds (thousands?) of fans/supporters.

Gopher Poster.jpg

Floyd, the Pig, is not of very, very, very minor significance.

Oh my. I really liked the frig magnet schedule from 2018. Can't remember if I picked it up at an open practice or if it came with the ST package...

That is actually a really big mistake by the marketing department or whoever has control over those particular posters. Hopefully they caught it at some point along the line and reprinted a new version of it. You would think at some point in the proof process someone would have gone over the schedule to make sure that all the games were there. And it isn't like it was a non-conf team missing, this is one of your main rivals so you would think someone would notice that the Hawkeye logo was missing.

Not saying anyone should get fired or there should be any major consequences but that is a pretty big oversight on the part of whoever is involved in the creation of that poster.

Top Bottom