LB Cody Lindenberg Commits to Gophers!

Lets hope Cody can duplicate his FB career like this Anoka grad.

Steven Lee Nelson (born April 26, 1951) is a former professional American football linebacker who played for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL) from 1974 to 1987.

Nelson was a three-sport athlete at Anoka High School, in Anoka, Minnesota, earning letters in football, basketball and baseball. As a senior, Nelson was selected as captain, team MVP and to the all-state team in football. Nelson went on to college at North Dakota State University and graduated in 1974 after being named a two-time All-American, team captain and MVP in football.[1]

He was selected by the Patriots in the second round of the 1974 NFL Draft. He was selected to the Pro Bowl three times in 1980, 1984, and 1985 and his #57 jersey was retired by the Patriots. He is credited with helping the Patriots reach Super Bowl XX versus the Chicago Bears.

Nelson played linebacker for the Patriots from 1974 to 1987 and became the nucleus of the Patriots defense. Nelson was voted to three Pro Bowls and recorded more than 100 tackles nine times during his career. He led the Patriots in tackles in eight of his 14 seasons, including an unofficial team record of 207 in 1984. He finished his career with a patriotic 1,776 total tackles. After retirement, he coached for the Patriots and later built Curry College into a perennial power. In 1993, Nelson was inducted into the Patriots Hall of Fame.
September 2011, Nelson was named to the inaugural class of the Anoka High School Hall of Fame.[1][2]

Lindenberg put up a 100+ Nike SPARQ score last month in St Louis.

That's pretty impressive.

Well the school district included five high schools: Anoka, Coon Rapids, Champlin, Blaine, and Andover.
Can't speak for all sports, but Andover really takes a bite out of Anoka's talent pool in hockey, probably the same across the board

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Can't speak for all sports, but Andover really takes a bite out of Anoka's talent pool in hockey, probably the same across the board

Andover is full of kids who grew up in exurban mcmansions. Anoka, Coon Rapids, and parts of Blaine I believe are more working class. Don’t know about the city of Champlin, but if it’s like northern Brooklyn Park, then it’s filled with your typical twin cities outer suburban mcmansion house farms (Woodbury, Lakeville, Eden Prairie, Plymouth, newer parts of Blaine).

Champlin Park is one of the five high schools in the Anoka-Hennepin school district. I thought we were talking district-at-large and not individual high school.

PS--Sorry if I duplicated Gophers_4life post.

Just like the last three NBA players from Eagan are the Jones brothers and Gary Trent Junior. :eek:

Steven Lee Nelson (born April 26, 1951) is a former professional American football linebacker who played for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL) from 1974 to 1987.

Nelson was a three-sport athlete at Anoka High School, in Anoka, Minnesota, earning letters in football, basketball and baseball. As a senior, Nelson was selected as captain, team MVP and to the all-state team in football. Nelson went on to college at North Dakota State University and graduated in 1974 after being named a two-time All-American, team captain and MVP in football.[1]

He was selected by the Patriots in the second round of the 1974 NFL Draft. He was selected to the Pro Bowl three times in 1980, 1984, and 1985 and his #57 jersey was retired by the Patriots. He is credited with helping the Patriots reach Super Bowl XX versus the Chicago Bears.

Nelson played linebacker for the Patriots from 1974 to 1987 and became the nucleus of the Patriots defense. Nelson was voted to three Pro Bowls and recorded more than 100 tackles nine times during his career. He led the Patriots in tackles in eight of his 14 seasons, including an unofficial team record of 207 in 1984. He finished his career with a patriotic 1,776 total tackles. After retirement, he coached for the Patriots and later built Curry College into a perennial power. In 1993, Nelson was inducted into the Patriots Hall of Fame.
September 2011, Nelson was named to the inaugural class of the Anoka High School Hall of Fame.[1][2]

I had posted awhile back that I could wallpaper an entire room with Jeff Siemon football cards from my collection. I think I could build an entire house with Steve Nelson commons. I remember those all too well. On the back of one of them it said he liked woodcutting. Not woodworking, but woodcutting. There was a cartoon of a guy at a tablesaw cutting a piece of wood. I always imagined his basement being full of small boards that he cut down from larger boards, because hey,...woodcutting.

Lindenberg put up a 100+ Nike SPARQ score last month in St Louis.

That's pretty impressive.

101.31 score for Lindenberg

Some other scores of note:

Carter Coughlin - 128.55
Cameron Wiley - 117.15
Josh Aune - 116.34
Michael Brown-Stephens - 111.81
Thomas Rush - 109.50
Mariano Sori-Marin - 101.19
Dominik London - 100.44
Brevyn Spann-Ford - 94.38
Boye Mafe - 83.43

Andover is full of kids who grew up in exurban mcmansions. Anoka, Coon Rapids, and parts of Blaine I believe are more working class. Don’t know about the city of Champlin, but if it’s like northern Brooklyn Park, then it’s filled with your typical twin cities outer suburban mcmansion house farms (Woodbury, Lakeville, Eden Prairie, Plymouth, newer parts of Blaine).
You are so clueless. I've lived in the north suburbs my whole life. Would love to see what you think a mcmansion is.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Would love to see what you think a mcmansion is.

Your typical house farm development. Three car garage, 2-4K sqft, built this century, $300-700k depending on where and how nicely finished.

Your typical house farm development. Three car garage, 2-4K sqft, built this century, $300-700k depending on where and how nicely finished.

Wow I guess you have a lot lower standards for a mcmansion. I don't consider a 2000-3500 sq ft house with a 1/4 acre lot a mcmansion.

Wow I guess you have a lot lower standards for a mcmansion. I don't consider a 2000-3500 sq ft house with a 1/4 acre lot a mcmansion.

I always thought of McMasion more about how it LOOKS than what it is. Not so much size just a bunch of ****ty design elements slapped together that look like garbage.

2-variety-pack-600x408.png

I always thought of McMasion more about how it LOOKS than what it is. Not so much size just a bunch of ****ty design elements slapped together that look like garbage.

2-variety-pack-600x408.png

I see a lot of that house in Andover /s
I always thought of them as the houses that were put up in Edina where they tear down an older, smaller house and put up a new, bigger house.

I don't consider a 2000-3500 sq ft house with a 1/4 acre lot a mcmansion.

That’s precisely the definition, hence why I used the word.

Not my fault you got all huffy because you were thinking of something else.

That’s precisely the definition, hence why I used the word.

Not my fault you got all huffy because you were thinking of something else.

I don't think anyone's definition says a 2500 sq ft house is a mansion.

Didn’t use the word mansion, as you knew.

Mcmansion mocks the concept, again as you already understood.

Didn’t use the word mansion, as you knew.

Mcmansion mocks the concept, again as you already understood.

From buisiness insider: "The term "McMansion" is not usually used as a compliment. Loosely defined as a cookie-cutter suburban home of between 3,000 and 5,000 square feet. "

So, yes the term does imply a rather large house. But you knew that of course.

Anyway, back on topic...

101.31 score for Lindenberg

Some other scores of note:

Carter Coughlin - 128.55
Cameron Wiley - 117.15
Josh Aune - 116.34
Michael Brown-Stephens - 111.81
Thomas Rush - 109.50
Mariano Sori-Marin - 101.19
Dominik London - 100.44
Brevyn Spann-Ford - 94.38
Boye Mafe - 83.43
Thanks for compiling the info! Interesting to see.

It does not take much for GH to get off track

From buisiness insider: "The term "McMansion" is not usually used as a compliment. Loosely defined as a cookie-cutter suburban home of between 3,000 and 5,000 square feet. "

Exactly what I said. Thanks. Glad you’re educated on the term now.

It does not take much for GH to get off track

People always say this.

The reason, of course, is that when you have an OP that’s very specific and does have much room for discussion ... naturally there’s only so much you can talk about on that specific subject.

People always say this.

The reason, of course, is that when you have an OP that’s very specific and does have much room for discussion ... naturally there’s only so much you can talk about on that specific subject.

So then the discussion should stop on the thread if nothing else needs to be said as opposed to getting hung up on McMansion etc.

So then the discussion should stop on the thread if nothing else needs to be said as opposed to getting hung up on McMansion etc.
Embrace the chaos. Anarchy!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nah. You use the board how you see fit. Put me on ignore if you have to.

I’ll keep doing me.

Little-known fact. Steve Nelson played his freshman year at Augsburg. His uncle was the head coach at Augsburg at the time.

Little-known fact. Steve Nelson played his freshman year at Augsburg. His uncle was the head coach at Augsburg at the time.

Question: I know you may have to sit out a year for various transfers. Would you have to sit out a year from Augsburg to North Dakota State or Minnesota?

Top Bottom