I count 66, 7 from the Big Ten:

Iggy Brazdeikis (Michigan)
Carsen Edwards (Purdue)
Bruno Fernando (Maryland)
Romeo Langford (Indiana)
Charles Matthews (Michigan)
Jordan Poole (Michigan)
Isaiah Roby (Nebraska)

Hopefully next week at this time Coffey is there with them.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

B1G Early Entrants Not Invited To Either Camp

These 8 B1G underclassmen declared for the draft but did not get invited to either the NBA Draft Combine or the G League Elite Camp:

Anthony Cowan Jr. (Maryland)
Al Durham (Indiana)
Devonte Green (Indiana)
Justin Smith (Indiana)
Lamar Stevens (Penn State)
Nick Ward (Michigan State)
Kaleb Wesson (Ohio State)
Joe Wieskamp (Iowa)

These 8 B1G underclassmen declared for the draft but did not get invited to either the NBA Draft Combine or the G League Elite Camp:

Anthony Cowan Jr. (Maryland)
Al Durham (Indiana)
Devonte Green (Indiana)
Justin Smith (Indiana)
Lamar Stevens (Penn State)
Nick Ward (Michigan State)
Kaleb Wesson (Ohio State)
Joe Wieskamp (Iowa)

How many of these guys are rated above Coffey in draft status?

How many of these guys are rated above Coffey in draft status?

To my knowledge, none of them.

I am a little surprised by Stevens not getting invited to either camp. I like his game.

To my knowledge, none of them.

I am a little surprised by Stevens not getting invited to either camp. I like his game.

How many of the uninvited do you see returning? Some of them, Ward in particular, made it clear they were not coming back. Some of this will come down to whether these guys actually like school and what their chances are of getting paid to play in another context. I like Stevens and Cowans. I think Green had some discipline issues at Indiana. Curious what these guys will do.

How many of the uninvited do you see returning? Some of them, Ward in particular, made it clear they were not coming back. Some of this will come down to whether these guys actually like school and what their chances are of getting paid to play in another context. I like Stevens and Cowans. I think Green had some discipline issues at Indiana. Curious what these guys will do.

Of the uninvited, I'd almost bet the farm all except Ward return to school.

I think Wieskamp is a lock to return. Probably Smith, Cowan, Stevens, and Durham too.

Could see Green opting not to return.

Ward is an interesting one. Kind of similar situation as Coffey in that I'm not sure he can increase his draft stock a ton by coming back. They are both probably going to have to go the G-League route whether they return to school or not. The area where their situations are a little different is that Ward would be returning to a legitimate national title contender. It did sound like Ward had pretty much shut it down in terms of finishing his spring classes so I would wonder if eligibility would be an issue if he changed his mind. Could probably figure that part out though.

I think Wieskamp is a lock to return. Probably Smith, Cowan, Stevens, and Durham too.

Could see Green opting not to return.

Ward is an interesting one. Kind of similar situation as Coffey in that I'm not sure he can increase his draft stock a ton by coming back. They are both probably going to have to go the G-League route whether they return to school or not. The area where their situations are a little different is that Ward would be returning to a legitimate national title contender. It did sound like Ward had pretty much shut it down in terms of finishing his spring classes so I would wonder if eligibility would be an issue if he changed his mind. Could probably figure that part out though.

Ward just not like school, upset with being moved out of starting lineup, think he’s better than he is? Anyone heard what the story is there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ward just not like school, upset with being moved out of starting lineup, think he’s better than he is? Anyone heard what the story is there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He hates Izzo and will NEVER play for Michigan St again.

Isaiah Roby but no Jordan Murphy or Amir Coffey. Ok then.

I get that the NBA weighs potential more than anything when it comes to drafting, but I would put Coffey ahead of some players on that list, most notably (of those staying in the draft)...

Charles Matthews
Quinndary Weatherspoon
Eric Paschall
Jaylen Hands
Kris Wilkes

I get that the NBA weighs potential more than anything when it comes to drafting, but I would put Coffey ahead of some players on that list, most notably (of those staying in the draft)...

Charles Matthews
Quinndary Weatherspoon
Eric Paschall
Jaylen Hands
Kris Wilkes
Amir three point shooting is inconsistent, and he has a poor wingspan for his size. Can't do much about the latter, but if he can improve his outside shooting and be a more well rounded scorer, than as a 6'8" ball handler he can improve his stock.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom