Nebraska juco rb recruit needs GPA help

They could’ve had Mizzou, if they wanted. Mizzou was begging to be #12. They even put it a statement to the effect that they were ready to leave the Big XII and be scooped up by the Big Ten.

Delaney had other ideas. He wanted Nebraska football, for the new Big Ten championship game.

I would have gone with Mizzou as that would have put both the St Louis and KC markets in the BTN umbrella. After going with Nebraska, B1G Jim had to look out east for geographical balance. Also, Penn St was getting overtures to bolt and likely would have without adding some "border schools" as rivals.

I would have gone with Mizzou as that would have put both the St Louis and KC markets in the BTN umbrella. After going with Nebraska, B1G Jim had to look out east for geographical balance. Also, Penn St was getting overtures to bolt and likely would have without adding some "border schools" as rivals.

You think Penn St would really have gone to the ACC or something?

They're a weird fit anway, but I'm not sure they give a damn about rutgers or md joining, or would leave if they didn't.

You think Penn St would really have gone to the ACC or something?

They're a weird fit anway, but I'm not sure they give a damn about rutgers or md joining, or would leave if they didn't.

Eventually it would have come down to cash, but I do think they were in play to move to the ACC with natural rivals Pitt and Syracuse.

Already having to travel quite a bit both in distance and to the central time zone, adding Maryland and Rutgers helped balance things out, especially non-revenue sports.

Eventually it would have come down to cash, but I do think they were in play to move to the ACC with natural rivals Pitt and Syracuse.

Already having to travel quite a bit both in distance and to the central time zone, adding Maryland and Rutgers helped balance things out, especially non-revenue sports.

This is really the first time I've heard this narrative spoken about seriously.

Penn St gets jack squat out of playing Pitt or Syracuse more often.... that's bonkers.

Kansas and/or Mizzou would fit much better than IA St.

Kansas? Never looked into it, but is Kansas really considered a better school than IA-St or Nebraska? I’ve always viewed KU as a community college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kansas? Never looked into it, but is Kansas really considered a better school than IA-St or Nebraska? I’ve always viewed KU as a community college.

Kansas and Mizzou are both AAU members.

Mizzou is a nice school and campus and only about a 9 or 10 hour drive. Would love to see them added to the Big Ten.

Nebraska was a big time reach by Jimmy, that has gone almost exactly opposite of what he envisioned.

Rutgers and Maryland were purely about markets and cable TV viewers. And yes, getting Penn St some eastern buddies was a bonus.

Penn St gets jack squat out of playing Pitt or Syracuse more often.... that's bonkers.

Joe Paterno wanted an Eastern power football conference, which would’ve included Pitt and Syracuse back then. Lot of those were still independent in football back in the day.

Big Ten swooped in and scooped up Penn St before the Big East could get its act together. What could have been ...

Joe Paterno wanted an Eastern power football conference, which would’ve included Pitt and Syracuse back then. Lot of those were still independent in football back in the day.

Big Ten swooped in and scooped up Penn St before the Big East could get its act together. What could have been ...

IIRC Big East was wary of being a football power as the thought it might overshadow shoot hoops.

IIRC Big East was wary of being a football power as the thought it might overshadow shoot hoops.

Back in those days, no one could fathom that college football would turn into a colossal TV cash cow. Which now is the reason Penn St would never leave the Big Ten for the ACC.

Seriously? Pitt/Penn St was/is a huge rivalry. Both were independents, this was the 1 bragging right game they had until Penn St joined the Big 10 and Pitt the Big East circa 1990

As for the potential move it certainly was a narrative, but the author of this article doubts there was much more than smoke.

https://www.nunesmagician.com/2019/...last-round-of-realignment-conference-syracuse

IMO after adding Nebraska, there was little to no chance that the next expansion would be schools from the midwest.

Last edited:

Seriously? Pitt/Penn St was/is a huge rivalry. Both were independents, this was the 1 bragging right game they had until Penn St joined the Big 10 and Pitt the Big East circa 1990

As for the potential move it certainly a narrative, but the author of this article doubts there was much more than smoke.

https://www.nunesmagician.com/2019/...last-round-of-realignment-conference-syracuse

IMO after adding Nebraska, there was little to no chance that the next expansion would be schools from the midwest.

Like the guy who wrote that article.. I don't buy it. By the time we're talking neither were an independent.

Like the guy who wrote that article.. I don't buy it. By the time we're talking neither were an independent.

The Big 10 Network becoming a real cash cow, not just a potential one as it was still early in this decade, changed the rules of the game.

The Big 10 Network becoming a real cash cow, not just a potential one as it was still early in this decade, changed the rules of the game.

Yeah ADs are very much concerned with managing $$$... it would be hard for one to walk away from that kind of income already coming in.

Top Bottom