Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1

    Default Nebraska juco rb recruit needs GPA help

    was one of top juco rbs in 2018....had a nice year at Ga Tech in 2016 but got kicked out of school there for drugs...Scott Frost bringing back the Husker traditions!

    https://journalstar.com/sports/huske...a38a452e6.html


  2. #2

    Default

    "He's working to raise that GPA. The problem is, the more classes you take, the better grades you have to get."
    Silly student .... taking more classes!

  3. #3

    Default Nebraska juco rb recruit needs GPA help

    Time to start questioning if Nebraska is worthy of being in the B1G! First, they lose their research accreditation, the basketball team gets creened and becomes a JuCo rent a player center and the football team gets creened and uses minimal academic standards. Doesn’t really look like they want to represent academic excellence!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    11,065

    Default

    Does any football team represent academic excellence?

    If we’re not into second (or third...) chances and redemption what does that say about us? I suppose a line needs to be drawn somewhere and the NCAA describes it explicitly.

    I’d have welcomed Jeff Jones if he’d been able to get his priorities straight but that ship has sailed.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Does any football team represent academic excellence?

    If we’re not into second (or third...) chances and redemption what does that say about us? I suppose a line needs to be drawn somewhere and the NCAA describes it explicitly.

    I’d have welcomed Jeff Jones if he’d been able to get his priorities straight but that ship has sailed.
    Jeff Jones' stupidity saved the Gophers from Jeff Jones' stupidity. I, for one, am extremely happy that he was not affiliated with the Gophers when he was drug dealing with a loaded gun under his seat.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,791
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    Time to start questioning if Nebraska is worthy of being in the B1G! First, they lose their research accreditation, the basketball team gets creened and becomes a JuCo rent a player center and the football team gets creened and uses minimal academic standards. Doesn’t really look like they want to represent academic excellence!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Didn't Scott Frost play for Tom Osborne? He was a football first type of fella.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

  7. #7

    Default

    He isn’t going there to play school.
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

  8. #8

    Default

    Would be a bad blow to the team. Kid is the real deal and a key piece to the 2019 offense. It all comes down to his finals that he is currently taking. After his final grades come out, the coaches have to decide whether or not its time to part ways or try to get him through admissions.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    Time to start questioning if Nebraska is worthy of being in the B1G! First, they lose their research accreditation, the basketball team gets creened and becomes a JuCo rent a player center and the football team gets creened and uses minimal academic standards. Doesn’t really look like they want to represent academic excellence!
    It's just now time to start questioning?? No, sadly the time for questioning it was when Delaney was salivating over the idea of Nebraska getting the Big Ten's auto bid to the play off 3-4 times every decade, and boosting Big Ten football national TV ratings up higher.

    Damn everything else that is important to the Big Ten, like being a major research school -- which Nebraska never was, and then was promptly kicked out of the AAU.


    Football team hasn't lived up to jack squat, and was never going to bring many new cable subscribers to BTN, due to the small population of their state. National college football fans don't give a rip about Nebraska, any more than they do Iowa.

    That's what Nebraska is ..... a red Iowa. Which is fine, it is what it is ... but it's not an Alabama or a Clemson. Never was going to be.



    I will contend that Nebraska should've stayed in the Big XII, or if they were that desperate to get away from Texas, then follow Colorado into the PAC. Thing is, they've always wanted to be in the Big Ten. They applied a long time ago and were denied. But their admin have always dreamed about Lincoln being a Big Ten campus and town.


    Wish the PAC could've added Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, and K-State, to go along with Colorado and Utah. That would've given them a central timezone footprint that they do need.

    Then Big Ten could've added Iowa St, which is a much better fit with Iowa and MN being natural rivals, and a much better research school. And their football and basketball teams aren't too bad these days!
    Last edited by Gophers_4life; 05-08-2019 at 09:38 AM.

  10. #10

    Default



  11. #11

    Default

    Well there it is. The dumbest post i have seen this year. Congrats! I have a lot of respect for Minnesota fans. I have gotten along with almost all of them that have come to the games and vice versa, However you are among the fans that disgrace the rest by association. If you dont know anything about that crap that you are spewing might as well keep your sh!tter shut.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkerzFan View Post
    Would be a bad blow to the team. Kid is the real deal and a key piece to the 2019 offense. It all comes down to his finals that he is currently taking. After his final grades come out, the coaches have to decide whether or not its time to part ways or try to get him through admissions.
    They should enroll him in summer school courses at UNC to help his GPA....

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
    Jeff Jones' stupidity saved the Gophers from Jeff Jones' stupidity. I, for one, am extremely happy that he was not affiliated with the Gophers when he was drug dealing with a loaded gun under his seat.
    It would be more stupid to deal drugs without a loaded gun under your seat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkerzFan View Post
    Well there it is. The dumbest post i have seen this year. Congrats! I have a lot of respect for Minnesota fans. I have gotten along with almost all of them that have come to the games and vice versa, However you are among the fans that disgrace the rest by association. If you dont know anything about that crap that you are spewing might as well keep your sh!tter shut.
    I think the years of bad gopher play has left its mark on some gopher fans.

    While I do agree that there are some things that I think Nebraska should have had some sort of repercussion for after joining the Big Ten (namely the research accreditation thing or whatever, since it was a requirement to join), I think its entirely overblown in this thread.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    It would be more stupid to deal drugs without a loaded gun under your seat.
    Depends which you value more: not being robbed/shot by rival gangbangers or not going to prison for longer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •