Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

One hour before a big exam, the grade from which has future implications? Telling the kid bad news couldn't wait a day or two or even a week? That's pretty horrible. I just lost a lot of respect for Hoiberg, and hope he is as awful at Nebraska as he now deserves to be.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherWeatherGuy View Post
    And that’s the anomaly, look at the last several years.
    Right, but the statement was in the context of the message it sends to in-state recruits, the guys Hoiberg is going after. The lack of quality or quantity of in-state recruits over the last few years is irrelevant because Hoiberg wasn't Nebraska's coach and wasn't recruiting those players.

Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    One hour before a big exam, the grade from which has future implications? Telling the kid bad news couldn't wait a day or two or even a week? That's pretty horrible. I just lost a lot of respect for Hoiberg, and hope he is as awful at Nebraska as he now deserves to be.
    How about waiting two hours? All he had to do what he was up to as to finals etc. He'd had to know it was finals week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GopherWeatherGuy View Post
    Have you seen the basketball talent pool in Nebraska?
    That isn't the point.

BTW, Nebraska do have some 3 Star players in 2019 and a 4 Star Player in 2020. They don't get as many as Minnesota.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Ba...tate.Key=sa_17

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Ba...tate.Key=sa_17
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

It looks like wherever Freddie goes he will try to turn it into a mini UNLV from the old days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow. Pretty classless move.

FWIW, I work with a die-hard Nebraska fan. I pointed out the story to him, and when he saw who the player was, his response was.....

"he wasn't very good."

Just win, baby. If Hoiberg brings in a dozen transfers with questionable transcripts, and he wins 25 games, Nebraska fans will love him.

Just as (most) Minnesota fans would be fine if the Gophers had no in-state players on the roster, as long as they won 25 games and went to the NCAA tournament.

He had to have known that it was finals time and he should have been smart enough to ask someone to check when he had finals and scheduled it after the last one or at the very least not directly before a final.

Things like this will absolutely hurt in-state recruiting and could hurt recruiting overall. If he develops a reputation for not caring about his players off the court I'm sure that will turn some recruits away.

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    FWIW, I work with a die-hard Nebraska fan. I pointed out the story to him, and when he saw who the player was, his response was.....

"he wasn't very good."

Just win, baby. If Hoiberg brings in a dozen transfers with questionable transcripts, and he wins 25 games, Nebraska fans will love him.

Just as (most) Minnesota fans would be fine if the Gophers had no in-state players on the roster, as long as they won 25 games and went to the NCAA tournament.
    Great post and that is what i just do not understand. No one ever demands championships from the coaches. Swear you could win 25 games every year, be .500 in the conference and make the tourney and people would think that was legend status. Do that somewhere else and we have fans that think that coach is not so hot.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    Don’t flatter yourself by assuming that your opinion is correct and that you are being principled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If someone thought their opinion was incorrect, wouldn't they simply form another?

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Great post and that is what i just do not understand. No one ever demands championships from the coaches. Swear you could win 25 games every year, be .500 in the conference and make the tourney and people would think that was legend status. Do that somewhere else and we have fans that think that coach is not so hot.
    I mean if you win 25 games, these days thats a 14-6 conference record at worst, you're finishing too three or four more often than not these days. If you drop a couple out of conference, to get to 25 wins, you'll have to win 16 or 17, that will get you conference crown alit of years as well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    I mean if you win 25 games, these days thats a 14-6 conference record at worst, you're finishing too three or four more often than not these days. If you drop a couple out of conference, to get to 25 wins, you'll have to win 16 or 17, that will get you conference crown alit of years as well.

We won 25 and went 8-10 not that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    We won 25 and went 8-10 not that long ago.
    You're counting postseason I assume you meant regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post

"he wasn't very good."

Just remember Nebraska fans have NEVER experienced a NCAA basketball tournament win.

For the most part athletes are not there to get an education. There’s also a different set of standards to be admitted. At some point it seems college basketball players will be paid to play. Not only are they getting a free education but then make thousands of dollars to play a game. I have no issue with asking a player to leave. All of you saying this shows his true character is laughable. Do you keep an employee at a company because he’s a good person? College basketball is a business. It’s about winning and doing what you think is best going forward much the same as making business decisions with employees.
    Last edited by Flash30; 05-09-2019 at 08:50 PM.