Help With Tickets

GopherBulldog

Reaction score
I’m planning on coming into town with my oldest son for the Nebraska game. Any advice on the best place to purchase tickets for the game? I left a message for the Gopher ticket office weeks ago and never heard back.

Just show up to game and you'll find great seats well below face value on the street. Don't pay all those crazy broker fees.

I’m planning on coming into town with my oldest son for the Nebraska game. Any advice on the best place to purchase tickets for the game? I left a message for the Gopher ticket office weeks ago and never heard back.

Re: the bolded part... Wow.

If the goal is to sell more tickets/fill up the stadium, shouldn't the people in charge of the business end of things have a plan that makes buying tickets really, really easy? That seems to be an elementary, basic requirement.

Regarding the bolded part, single game tickets have not gone on sale yet. I would wait for that and buy them from gophersports.com

Regarding the bolded part, single game tickets have not gone on sale yet. I would wait for that and buy them from gophersports.com

Okay. Is that why a potential ticket buyer's call was never returned? Whether single game tickets are on sale or not, shouldn't they be doing basic customer service?

tix

Re: the bolded part... Wow.

If the goal is to sell more tickets/fill up the stadium, shouldn't the people in charge of the business end of things have a plan that makes buying tickets really, really easy? That seems to be an elementary, basic requirement.

Or call them during business hours and talk to a person.

Potentially valid but OP never said when he called.

And even if he didn't call during business hours, shouldn't they call him back or leave a voicemail the next business day and tell him about season ticket opportunities and that single-game tickets aren't on sale but they will be soon?

Staying in contact with interested potential customers is basic customer service. There's no reason for the Gophers to not be doing that and if they aren't, that might help partially explain poor attendance.

And even if he didn't call during business hours, shouldn't they call him back or leave a voicemail the next business day and tell him about season ticket opportunities and that single-game tickets aren't on sale but they will be soon?

Staying in contact with interested potential customers is basic customer service. There's no reason for the Gophers to not be doing that and if they aren't, that might help partially explain poor attendance.

Agree, however.

We have no idea if the story in the post actually happened
We have no idea if the story in the post happened as it was told. What if he thought he called the ticket office but it wasn’t actually the ticket office and he left a voicemail with someone else?

I’ve never not had someone get back to me from the ticket office. So before we roast the ticket office we should accept the fact that it could be:
1) not the whole story
Or
2) an anomaly

I agree 100%. I was responding to a post that I felt made it seem that the OP was part of the issue since he might not have called at the proper time.

Agree, however.

We have no idea if the story in the post actually happened
We have no idea if the story in the post happened as it was told. What if he thought he called the ticket office but it wasn’t actually the ticket office and he left a voicemail with someone else?

I’ve never not had someone get back to me from the ticket office. So before we roast the ticket office we should accept the fact that it could be:
1) not the whole story
Or
2) an anomaly

When you go to the ticket office website you are offered the choice to call, chat or email. As it was not during normal business hours, I chose email. And have not heard back. Could just be an anomaly. But given this was my first time trying to connect with the Gopher ticket office, it’s not left a great impression.

When you go to the ticket office website you are offered the choice to call, chat or email. As it was not during normal business hours, I chose email. And have not heard back. Could just be an anomaly. But given this was my first time trying to connect with the Gopher ticket office, it’s not left a great impression.

Hmmmmm... I guess, before I 'roast' the people in charge, I should ask you if you might be shading the truth, or if you messed up somehow. Maybe you're confused, I dunno.

Phew. Now I feel better, as though I've covered aaaaaall possibilities.

That part taken care of, I'm gonna go out on a really long limb and say that the U may need to tighten up their ticket selling operation a teensy little bit if they are really, truly interested in filling seats at the Bank.

Hmmmmm... I guess, before I 'roast' the people in charge, I should ask you if you might be shading the truth, or if you messed up somehow. Maybe you're confused, I dunno.

Phew. Now I feel better, as though I've covered aaaaaall possibilities.

That part taken care of, I'm gonna go out on a really long limb and say that the U may need to tighten up their ticket selling operation a teensy little bit if they are really, truly interested in filling seats at the Bank.

That’s my rational take. That aside, I’ve done Vikings’ tickets through Vivid Seats. Would prefer not to go that rout again. I’m going to take another whack at the Gopher ticket office as it seems like the only other option (I’d prefer not to spend the money on airfare and hotel and count on buying tickets on the street on game day). Will report back on how round 2 goes.

EVERY single time I have had someone get back to me. No matter the format. Every single time.

Maybe you called CenturyLink. They never call back.

Maybe you are trolling?

Maybe you are trolling?

Maybe not?

I will chime in and say that I have always gotten a response when I emailed the ticket office though.

Maybe not?

I will chime in and say that I have always gotten a response when I emailed the ticket office though.
For sure he could be telling an honest story.

Typically in my life if I call the correct number and leave a message...I could spend my time calling again rather than complaining to anonymous people on a message board who can’t do anything about it.

Check out the Ticket Exchange site on this board, though not much happens until closer to the game. I'm selling my three on the 20 yard line, but probably here in Nebraska because they might be undefeated or possibly with only one loss at that point in the season and demand will be good. Both teams may have good records by that date.

Check out the Ticket Exchange site on this board, though not much happens until closer to the game. I'm selling my three on the 20 yard line, but probably here in Nebraska because they might be undefeated or possibly with only one loss at that point in the season and demand will be good. Both teams may have good records by that date.

Thanks very much. I will do that.

For sure he could be telling an honest story.

Typically in my life if I call the correct number and leave a message...I could spend my time calling again rather than complaining to anonymous people on a message board who can’t do anything about it.

Does it seem odd to you that someone would come on a Gopher Football message board asking for advice on purchasing Gopher Football tickets? One thing we can agree on is that someone is trolling.

I've never waited more than a business day to get calls returned. And when I had an issue with my volleyball tickets and sent an email at like 10pm on a Tuesday, I had a call at 8:30am Wednesday!

The Gophers tickets issue isn't the personnel in the ticket office.

my advice is to find the cheapest seats you can, get in the stadium and then sit where ever. we dont have the problem yet where ushers are looking at your stubs to make sure you are in the correct spot.

I've never waited more than a business day to get calls returned. And when I had an issue with my volleyball tickets and sent an email at like 10pm on a Tuesday, I had a call at 8:30am Wednesday!

The Gophers tickets issue isn't the personnel in the ticket office.

Funny story from last fall - bought tickets last year during the fair. About 20 minutes after I bought the tickets I realized I said the wrong date for the tickets. I emailed the ticket office immediately and said hey it's only been 20 minutes, explained what happened, and asked can I switch these tickets. I figured even airlines give you a little time to make switches, surely the ticket office at the U can accommodate. They sent me an email back on Monday saying basically, "too bad, you're stuck".

Well, that same day an article in the Strib came out talking about how hard of a time the U was having selling tickets (seems like there's been a few of those). I sent my email exchange with the ticket office to Coyle and also cc'd the ticket office, and sent a link to the article.

They replied the next day with a game exchange offer. :)

Last edited:

Though it took three tries, I heard back today from a guy named Jacob. Seems like a very nice and helpful fellow. Single game tickets will go on sale sometime in mid summer (working on clarifying what that means). For those that provided constructive advice, thanks very much. Hope to see you at the Nebraska game.

Top Bottom