Random Thoughts While We're Waiting for Football to Start Again

Livingat45north

Reaction score
If Michigan plays the University of Delaware, do both teams wear the same helmet?

If South Dakota State plays San Diego State, does the winner get the rights to SDSU?

If Michigan plays the University of Delaware, do both teams wear the same helmet?

This thread has some serious potential.

But to answer your question, looks like the shades are different. In this day and age it would be an almost certainty that one of the schools would unveil a special helmet just for that game. Many of you are probably aware of it but if not this site is awesome for seeing all the different helmet variations teams use.

http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

cd8.jpg

Which is more crazy, a 21 page thread on the Minnesota/Georgia Southern game or a 7 page thread on the painting of the new turf at TCF Stadium?

I do admit, I like seeing the updates on the field. 7 pages though, wow.

UMD University of Minnesota Duluth or UMD University of Maryland

What if there was an annual hoops tournament where Auburn, LSU, and Missouri played Clemson, Memphis, and Princeton on a rotation? Call it the Tiger challenge.

Why is football, called "football"?

Michigan vs Hens helmet history

It is my understanding that historically speaking that Delaware had the graphics on their helmet before Michigan adopted it. So, if the 2 teams played Michigan should be forest to shave their heads paint (We rep 1 of the Great Lakes) on their skinned heads.

"Why is football, called "football"?
BECAUSE YOU TAKE YOUR BALLS AND RUN WITH THEM!

The game & term FOOTBALLS actually came from the ancient Mayans of the Americas that had nothing to do with European Soccer.

The Mayans played FOOTBALLS on a 50-yard clay court about 22 yards wide. There was no out of bounds just an 8ft high wall to smash your opponent into like in hockey. Three of the defensive players were armed with hard wooden balls about the same size as one of our baseballs today. They played back like safeties; the offensive runner designated to score wore an emblem on his head that looked like an "M" stained their red berries. There were 7 men on defense and offense but they played both ways. The 3 defensive safeties, with the wooden balls could only throw them at the scoring offensive runners nads & could also knee them. Then again, all Offensive and defensive players could knee each other’s nads. There were no penalty time outs. If your scrodem was split open you played on until the10 minute time ran out on the sun dial to start the next quarter.

If your uncle Jack helped you off a horse, would you help your uncle Jack off a horse? [emoji6]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

What if there was an annual hoops tournament where Auburn, LSU, and Missouri played Clemson, Memphis, and Princeton on a rotation? Call it the Tiger challenge.

Siegfried & Roy Classic.

They can even have the championship at The Mirage now that the NCAA lifted their ban today.

teams that have a color for a mascot: harvard crimson, stanford cardinal, chicago maroons.

many more teams have an animal or other animate object for a mascot that has a specific color: golden gophers, bue hens (already mentioned), tulane green wave, duke blue devils.

teams that have a color for a mascot: harvard crimson, stanford cardinal, chicago maroons.

many more teams have an animal or other animate object for a mascot that has a specific color: golden gophers, bue hens (already mentioned), tulane green wave, duke blue devils.

Syracuse Orange...

What does the inside of your nose smell like?

For all of you old timers - remember when the Twins would do a "Camper's Weekend" at Met Stadium? Hundreds (thousands), of campers would set up their campers, RVs, etc. in the parking lot and take in the three games over the weekend. My dream call from Herb Carneal would go something like this (assuming we played the Oakland A's and it's the bottom of the ninth on the Sunday afternoon game). "Two outs, bottom of the ninth, and the Twins are down one.....here's the pitch to Killebrew, and it's a high pop-up in the infield and CAMPY CAMPANERIS CAMPS UNDER THE BALL TO END CAMPER'S WEEKEND AT THE MET"

(OK, maybe I've had too much whiskey tonight.....)

For all of you old timers - remember when the Twins would do a "Camper's Weekend" at Met Stadium? Hundreds (thousands), of campers would set up their campers, RVs, etc. in the parking lot and take in the three games over the weekend. My dream call from Herb Carneal would go something like this (assuming we played the Oakland A's and it's the bottom of the ninth on the Sunday afternoon game). "Two outs, bottom of the ninth, and the Twins are down one.....here's the pitch to Killebrew, and it's a high pop-up in the infield and CAMPY CAMPANERIS CAMPS UNDER THE BALL TO END CAMPER'S WEEKEND AT THE MET"

(OK, maybe I've had too much whiskey tonight.....)

I remember the bean feeds. Was at the one Calvin made his comments about why he moved the team from DC to MN.

I remember the bean feeds. Was at the one Calvin made his comments about why he moved the team from DC to MN.
Yes! Now you have to go to Pequot Lakes for Beanhole Days to get your fill of beans!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Syracuse Orange...

I don't know about Harvard, but I think Stanford and UChicago replaced Native American mascots.

EDIT: Nope, Harvard and UChicago never did. Stanford for sure did, as did Syracuse.

Last edited:

I don't know about Harvard, but I think Stanford and UChicago replaced Native American mascots.

EDIT: Nope, Harvard and UChicago never did. Stanford for sure did, as did Syracuse.

Syracuse Orangemen and Orangewomen had nothing to do with Native Americans.

While it's true that Syracuse University had a Native American mascot, it's official nickname had been Orangemen and Orangewomen until 2004 when it adopted the gender-neutral Orange. I think the nickname and not the mascot is what is being discussed.

While it's true that Syracuse University had a Native American mascot, it's official nickname had been Orangemen and Orangewomen until 2004 when it adopted the gender-neutral Orange. I think the nickname and not the mascot is what is being discussed.

The FSU Seminal don't have a problem with the Seminal Nation in Florida. Their are some Seminoles in the west that don't think any school should use any Native American Tribes names. FSU has a good relationship with the Florida Seminal Nation.

Which school is the real USC and which school is really the U.

Post #15 was mascots, and #16 quoted that in reference to Syracuse. Those were the two posts I was replying to, and then you replied to my post.

Ohio State, Oregon State, and Oklahoma State meet in the O States Holiday Invitational Tournament (OSH*T)

Top Bottom