Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Random Thoughts While We're Waiting for Football to Start Again

If Michigan plays the University of Delaware, do both teams wear the same helmet?

If South Dakota State plays San Diego State, does the winner get the rights to SDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    If Michigan plays the University of Delaware, do both teams wear the same helmet?
    This thread has some serious potential.

But to answer your question, looks like the shades are different. In this day and age it would be an almost certainty that one of the schools would unveil a special helmet just for that game. Many of you are probably aware of it but if not this site is awesome for seeing all the different helmet variations teams use.

http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

Why is football, called "football"?

Quote Originally Posted by WinLoseOrTy View Post
    If South Dakota State plays San Diego State, does the winner get the rights to SDSU?
    And North Dakota vs Notre Dame for UND.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

Which is more crazy, a 21 page thread on the Minnesota/Georgia Southern game or a 7 page thread on the painting of the new turf at TCF Stadium?

I do admit, I like seeing the updates on the field. 7 pages though, wow.

UMD University of Minnesota Duluth or UMD University of Maryland

What if there was an annual hoops tournament where Auburn, LSU, and Missouri played Clemson, Memphis, and Princeton on a rotation? Call it the Tiger challenge.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Why is football, called "football"?
    Michigan vs Hens helmet history

It is my understanding that historically speaking that Delaware had the graphics on their helmet before Michigan adopted it. So, if the 2 teams played Michigan should be forest to shave their heads paint (We rep 1 of the Great Lakes) on their skinned heads.

"Why is football, called "football"?
    BECAUSE YOU TAKE YOUR BALLS AND RUN WITH THEM!

The game & term FOOTBALLS actually came from the ancient Mayans of the Americas that had nothing to do with European Soccer.

The Mayans played FOOTBALLS on a 50-yard clay court about 22 yards wide. There was no out of bounds just an 8ft high wall to smash your opponent into like in hockey. Three of the defensive players were armed with hard wooden balls about the same size as one of our baseballs today. They played back like safeties; the offensive runner designated to score wore an emblem on his head that looked like an "M" stained their red berries. There were 7 men on defense and offense but they played both ways. The 3 defensive safeties, with the wooden balls could only throw them at the scoring offensive runners nads & could also knee them. Then again, all Offensive and defensive players could knee each other’s nads. There were no penalty time outs. If your scrodem was split open you played on until the10 minute time ran out on the sun dial to start the next quarter.
    Georgia Southern Option Football - often out weighed but seldom out played!
    www.gsufans.com

If your uncle Jack helped you off a horse, would you help your uncle Jack off a horse?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    What if there was an annual hoops tournament where Auburn, LSU, and Missouri played Clemson, Memphis, and Princeton on a rotation? Call it the Tiger challenge.
    Siegfried & Roy Classic.

They can even have the championship at The Mirage now that the NCAA lifted their ban today.

The University of Delaware adopted the Michigan helmet design when former Wolverine player David Nelson took over as the Bue Hens' coach in 1951.

https://www.cleveland.com/buckeyeblo..._delaware.html
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by West Fargo Gopher Fan View Post
    The University of Delaware adopted the Michigan helmet design when former Wolverine player David Nelson took over as the Bue Hens' coach in 1951.

https://www.cleveland.com/buckeyeblo..._delaware.html
    Why aren’t they the Blue WolveHens?

teams that have a color for a mascot: harvard crimson, stanford cardinal, chicago maroons.

many more teams have an animal or other animate object for a mascot that has a specific color: golden gophers, bue hens (already mentioned), tulane green wave, duke blue devils.
    We have a philosophical difference on what constitutes a law