Gopher-related transfer portal

hungan1

Reaction score
Gopher-related transfers

Seven transfers out, three transfers in.

Quinn Oseland, OG, 0.8553, Immediate, San Jose State

Jack York, OT, 0.8505, Immediate, Steven F. Austin

Jonathan Femi-Cole, RB, 0.8270, Immediate - Destination TBD

Nathan Bursch, TE, 0.8141, Sit 1, TBD

Kelvin Clemmons, CB, 0.8486, -, TBD

Rey Estes, CB, 0.8341, Sit 1, TBD

Jack Leius, S, N/A, -, TBD

Randall Grimes, WR, 0.8821, Sit 1 year, USC to MN

Micah Drew-Treadway, DT, 0.8656, Immediate, ND to MN

Michael Tarbutt, K, 0.7690, Immediate, UConn to MN

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/TransferPortal/

Last edited:

So, if you enter the transfer portal do you need permission to return to your original team? I'm just thinking, say Estes (as a random example) just doesn't find another university that's a good fit. Does he get to say "just kidding" and the U still has to honor his remaining scholarship? Or did he forgo any remaining scholarship by entering, thus requiring he'd either walk on or be granted a scholarship at the U's discretion?

I understand the U is counting on these players not coming back, so I'm assuming they can't just change their minds. Just curious if anyone knows the formal details...

So, if you enter the transfer portal do you need permission to return to your original team? I'm just thinking, say Estes (as a random example) just doesn't find another university that's a good fit. Does he get to say "just kidding" and the U still has to honor his remaining scholarship? Or did he forgo any remaining scholarship by entering, thus requiring he'd either walk on or be granted a scholarship at the U's discretion?

I understand the U is counting on these players not coming back, so I'm assuming they can't just change their minds. Just curious if anyone knows the formal details...

Sounds like its up to the University and/or the coach.

And schools are now allowed to cancel or reduce financial aid at the end of the semester once the notification of transfer is signed, and they are under no obligation to keep the player on the roster. They can effectively revoke the player's scholarship for officially shopping around.

Any idea of how Jack York has immediate eligibility?

Sounds like its up to the University and/or the coach.

And schools are now allowed to cancel or reduce financial aid at the end of the semester once the notification of transfer is signed, and they are under no obligation to keep the player on the roster. They can effectively revoke the player's scholarship for officially shopping around.

That would be the only fair way to do it for the school. If the kid was allowed to shop around and return if he wants to it would open things up to to kids just trying to cash in on a big season.

I mean, why doesn't he have to sit a year? He didn't redshirt last season so did he have to get a waiver or something?

Jack York transferred to FCS - Stephen F. Austin. He has immediate eligibility to play this year.

Jack York transferred to FCS - Stephen F. Austin. He has immediate eligibility to play this year.

That too. Forgot that when you transfer down you don't have to sit out a year.

Tiny nitpick -- the transfer portal is just a small software tool that the NCAA recently implemented to help facilitate transfers.

Transfers are still transfers. That's the word, that's what you call it. So the thread should be "Gopher related transfers".

All Academic Big Ten Jonathan Femi-Cole got his college degree after his Junior Year. He was a RS FR . He was a good team player playing sparingly. I was excited when he committed. He looked well built like an athlete. Still does. Unfortunately for him, other RBs surpassed him on the depth chart.

He is the type of player that you'd want on the bench.

https://gophersports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1072

Tiny nitpick -- the transfer portal is just a small software tool that the NCAA recently implemented to help facilitate transfers.

Transfers are still transfers. That's the word, that's what you call it. So the thread should be "Gopher related transfers".

Too bad the title can’t be edited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 Canadian schools play football in 4 conferences. Since all 9 (soon to be 10) CFL teams have to carry 21 Canadians, they have to come from somewhere.

That's why it's a perfect landing place, Fermi-Cole as a Canadian, has an excellent chance of getting one of those reserved slots and continuing his football career. His chances of doing that would be greatly diminished if he rode the bench here.

What’s the 10th CFL team? Best I could find on google was some discussion of trying to re-start the Atlantic Schooners in either Halifax or Moncton.

Gopher-related Transfers

Okay, that little bothersome scab has been picked off.

Last edited:

Top Bottom