Minnesota/Fresno State

During Brewster’s last year, after we had kicked off out of bounds for what seemed like the 10th time that year, I slammed my cap on the ground. Though admittedly a regrettable lapse of self-control on my part, I was “called out” by some in area asking why I got so frustrated. I said “if they can’t do the little things right, how in the world can they be expected to get the big things right (oh, say, like winning games!).

The hydration thing is perhaps worthy of some chiding and sniggering, but I think the little things do matter.

Here’s to a hydrated and detailed Gopher squad arriving and ready to play at a high (dare I say, elite) level in The Valley in early September.

IIRC it seemed like we were trying to get cute with kicks a lot and .... and IIRC I felt like man can't we just kick not near the sideline and see how it goes?

The Brewser years were a confusing time. I had no idea why we did anything we did. The Gray running play where we fake the hand-off to the RB, he runs into the hole ... and Gray delay runs into the same hole ... like we want to draw the defense in to where we're going to run, but give them time to get there?

Last edited:

IIRC it seemed like we were trying to get cute with kicks a lot and .... and IIRC I felt like man can't we just kick not near the sideline and see how it goes?

The Brewser years were a confusing time. I had no idea why we did anything we did. The Gray running play where we fake the hand-off to the RB, he runs into the hole ... and Gray delay runs into the same hole ... like we want to draw the defense in to where we're going to run, but give them time to get there?

Extra blocker.
Essentially a QB iso

Probably more a bad time to run it or poor execution.
QB iso can be effective in certain situations

So now I’m happy it’s on the road rather than at home. I thought that was a Saturday

Why did the OP say sept 7? (A Saturday)

The OP said September 7, a Saturday, because that is the date of the game against Fresno St. Have you suffered a recent blow to the head?

The OP said September 7, a Saturday, because that is the date of the game against Fresno St. Have you suffered a recent blow to the head?

It is all coming together.

Fresno state is not the opener. For some reason I thought Fresno state was the opener. Hence my confusion.

FYI - Gopher Football Schedule:

AUG 29 (THU) TBA vs South Dakota State

SEP 7 (SAT) 9:30 PM AT Fresno State, TV: CBS Sports Network Radio: KFAN 100.3 FM

SEP 14 (SAT) TBA vs Georgia Southern University

SEP 28 (SAT) TBA AT Purdue

OCT 5 (SAT) TBA vs Illinois, HOMECOMING

OCT 12 (SAT) TBA vs Nebraska

OCT 19 (SAT) TBA AT Rutgers

OCT 26 (SAT) TBA vs Maryland

NOV 9 (SAT) TBA vs Penn State

NOV 16 (SAT) TBA AT Iowa

NOV 23 (SAT) TBA AT Northwestern

NOV 30 (SAT) TBA vs Wisconsin

Top Bottom