Minnesota/Fresno State

Nice nightcap for a long Saturday of college football. Nice diversion from an 11:00 a.m. kickoff, too. Wouldn’t want a steady diet of these, either, but should be fun to see what we’ve got by going on the road and playing a decent team. Hope it is Oregon State redux.

Megan chimes in:

The Gophers have their first official game time in for the 2019 season, and it's a doozy.

At least if you're on deadline or reserve your Saturday evenings for sleep and/or revelry. I'll let you guess which one applies to me.

Anyhow, the Gophers kick off their second game of the season and first on the road at 9:30 p.m. Sept. 7 at Fresno State. CBS Sports Network and 100.3-FM will have the broadcasts.

That's the only start time so far for the Gophers. But I, personally, can't wait for my first road trip on the beat to be a West coast deadline challenge.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-announce-first-kick-off-time-for-2019-season/509392812/

Go Gophers!!

I was really worried about that game at Oregon State a couple years ago. It was soooooo nice to go from being nervous about the outcome to being elated at that thrashing of the opponent all within the course of that game. Hopefully it was a sign of what will be a trend of "Fleck always gets his teams playing well when it is a late kickoff on the west coast."

Don't mind the time. A drag that it's on CBSSN so I'll have to go to a bar to watch it.

Is that 9:30 PM CST/7:30 PST?

Ugh, 10:30 eastern. At least it's a Saturday and not a dreadful NFL Sunday or Monday night game which has me operating on way too little sleep at work!

Go Gophers!

I’m not worried about the start time.
Dehydration from the long flight on the other hand.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The training staff hopefully will dial in the player hydration on road trips.

Average high temp for Sept 7 in Fresno is 93. Night games in those conditions are best for everyone.

I’m not worried about the start time.
Dehydration from the long flight on the other hand.....

Fleck was really on top of this with the Oregon State trip two years ago. He even talked about it in a presser. I can't imagine that he would let it slip for this game.

Don't mind the time. A drag that it's on CBSSN so I'll have to go to a bar to watch it.

Some day you should break down and spend the extra $60 a year to upgrade.

Fleck was really on top of this with the Oregon State trip two years ago. <b>He even talked about it in a presser. </b>I can't imagine that he would let it slip for this game.

He did? Hmmm, didn’t know that.
Glad to know he spends time on this very important topic. The Gophers don’t need to add their name to the long list of teams that fell victim to dehydration after long flights.

You are aware that they are migrating beyond their normal range in search of food due to the impacts of global warming right?

http://www.freakingnews.com/Polar-Bear-Sunbathing-Pictures-32572.asp

Glad to know he spends time on this very important topic. The Gophers don’t need to add their name to the long list of teams that fell victim to dehydration after long flights.

Snicker.

During Brewster’s last year, after we had kicked off out of bounds for what seemed like the 10th time that year, I slammed my cap on the ground. Though admittedly a regrettable lapse of self-control on my part, I was “called out” by some in area asking why I got so frustrated. I said “if they can’t do the little things right, how in the world can they be expected to get the big things right (oh, say, like winning games!).

The hydration thing is perhaps worthy of some chiding and sniggering, but I think the little things do matter.

Here’s to a hydrated and detailed Gopher squad arriving and ready to play at a high (dare I say, elite) level in The Valley in early September.

Finally we open on a non high school football Night and it is On the road

I am planning to be at this game. Similar timeframe as Oregon St. That game got so late. Pulled into our Portland hotel around 1am, had a 6am flight. Brutal.

Finally we open on a non high school football Night and it is On the road

Actually, we open on 8/29. Thursday before Labor Day at home.

I am planning to be at this game. Similar timeframe as Oregon St. That game got so late. Pulled into our Portland hotel around 1am, had a 6am flight. Brutal.

Should be less brutal with the airport being close. It was like a home game at Oregon St. by middle 3rd Qtr, so worth sticking it out to the end.

Actually, we open on 8/29. Thursday before Labor Day at home.

So now I’m happy it’s on the road rather than at home. I thought that was a Saturday

Why did the OP say sept 7? (A Saturday)

Should be less brutal with the airport being close. It was like a home game at Oregon St. by middle 3rd Qtr, so worth sticking it out to the end.

I was so cold. The local weather man had said no rain so I left my gear in the motel. Never again.

During Brewster’s last year, after we had kicked off out of bounds for what seemed like the 10th time that year, I slammed my cap on the ground. Though admittedly a regrettable lapse of self-control on my part, I was “called out” by some in area asking why I got so frustrated. I said “if they can’t do the little things right, how in the world can they be expected to get the big things right (oh, say, like winning games!).

The hydration thing is perhaps worthy of some chiding and sniggering, but I think the little things do matter.

Here’s to a hydrated and detailed Gopher squad arriving and ready to play at a high (dare I say, elite) level in The Valley in early September.

Good observation. I agree, the devil is in the details.

Top Bottom