How does Sean Miller survive this FBI investigation and trial?

If Miller is taken down, what would the likelihood be of Zeke becoming a Gopher? Talk about a perfect fit of skills and need.

Umm...0

When his dad was told by Pitino that mn wont pay him, they cut off all communication

The problem is that they never had any teeth, nor could they. They can't subpoena anyone or tap anyone's phones. The idea behind a governing body like the NCAA was that while they would police to the best of their abilities, the member schools would still be required to act in good faith and cooperate with investigations. The schools and their administration would be the ones applying the leverage to their students and coaches to cooperate.

Somewhere along the way some of the schools, some more than others, started to automatically rally the wagons around their athletic departments even when they knew they were wrong. It is popular to go after the NCAA, but in the end what can the do if people lie to them or won't talk to them? Nothing.

This is a reasonable take, as much of the NCAA's rule enforcement does depend on the willingness of its members to cooperate in investigations in good faith, but at one time they did back the enforcement of their laws with meaningful sanctions, and did so with regularity. They could cripple programs by stripping scholarships and reducing the number of recruiting contacts coaches could have, even leveling the death penalty (or the threat of it) for repeat offenders. They haven't been close to that level of enforcement for a couple decades now, and perhaps the U's academic fraud case and the harsh sanctions we received, may have been the last real hammer dropped on a member school (I didn't take the time to research that, but aside from forcing the vacating of championships, I can't think of another school that's recently been punished like we were. Penn State's punishment was largely walked back).

No, WoodburyTim and I are not related, nor do we know each other, but thanks for inquiring!

BB, here's a list of the 75 Power 6 programs. If you're so inclined, please let us know one-by-one which ones (in your mind) don't cheat or have never cheated. And once you've established who the non-cheaters are, do you think the non-cheaters should secede from their respective conferences and form their own conference? Maybe we could call it the No Excuses Level Playing Field Conference? Every team will be on the exact same level!

I truly am curious which programs you think are/have been beyond reproach.

The Power 6
Virginia
Duke
North Carolina
Virginia Tech
Florida State
Louisville
NC State
Clemson
Syracuse
Miami
Notre Dame
Pitt
Georgia Tech
Boston College
Wake Forest
Villanova
Marquette
Creighton
Seton Hall
Xavier
Butler
Saint John’s
Providence
Georgetown
DePaul
Michigan State
Michigan
Purdue
Wisconsin
Maryland
Iowa
Penn State
Nebraska
Ohio State
Minnesota
Indiana
Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois
Texas Tech
Kansas
Iowa State
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Texas
Baylor
TCU
Oklahoma State
West Virginia
Oregon
Washington
Arizona State
Colorado
Oregon State
USC
Arizona
Utah
Stanford
UCLA
Washington State
Cal
Kentucky
Tennessee
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi State
Florida
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Alabama
Missouri
South Carolina
Texas A&M
Georgia
Vanderbilt

You are not truly interested ss. I know better. You are truly interested in maintaining your mantra; even as the evidence becomes more and more obvious for all to see.

The cheating impacts the clean programs every day. You, nor built, will ever admit it. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

No, WoodburyTim and I are not related, nor do we know each other, but thanks for inquiring!

BB, here's a list of the 75 Power 6 programs. If you're so inclined, please let us know one-by-one which ones (in your mind) don't cheat or have never cheated. And once you've established who the non-cheaters are, do you think the non-cheaters should secede from their respective conferences and form their own conference? Maybe we could call it the No Excuses Level Playing Field Conference? Every team will be on the exact same level!

The Power 6
Virginia
Duke
North Carolina
Virginia Tech
Florida State
Louisville
NC State
Clemson
Syracuse
Miami
Notre Dame
Pitt
Georgia Tech
Boston College
Wake Forest
Villanova
Marquette
Creighton
Seton Hall
Xavier
Butler
Saint John’s
Providence
Georgetown
DePaul
Michigan State
Michigan
Purdue
Wisconsin
Maryland
Iowa
Penn State
Nebraska
Ohio State
Minnesota
Indiana
Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois
Texas Tech
Kansas
Iowa State
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Texas
Baylor
TCU
Oklahoma State
West Virginia
Oregon
Washington
Arizona State
Colorado
Oregon State
USC
Arizona
Utah
Stanford
UCLA
Washington State
Cal
Kentucky
Tennessee
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi State
Florida
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Alabama
Missouri
South Carolina
Texas A&M
Georgia
Vanderbilt

Cheating 21 (CTO) - Teams that definitely cheat
Duke
UNC
Villinove
Miami
Arizona
UCLA
WKU
NC State
Creighton
Kansas
LSU
OKST
Oregon
Alabama
Cincinatti
Kentucky
LSU
Mississippi St
USC
Xavier
Clemson

Suspicious 17 - I can't put these teams in my clean league because I don't trust them but I have no evidence against them
Indiana
OSU
FSU
Mizzu
Auburn
Arkansas
Washington
Illinois
Maryland
Marquette
Texas
ASU
Michigan
UF
Tenn
Ole miss
Vanderbilt

Clean Jelly Beans - I trust these schools to play by the books
Virginia
VT
SU
ND
Pitt
GT
BC
WF
Seton Hall
Butler
SJU
Providence
Georgetown
Depaul
MSU
Purdue
Wisco
Minn
Northwestern
Rutgers
TTU
ISU
KSU
OU
Baylor
TCU
WVU
Colorado
OSU
Utah
Stanford
WSU
Cal
South Carolina
Georgia

You are not truly interested ss. I know better. You are truly interested in maintaining your mantra; even as the evidence becomes more and more obvious for all to see.

The cheating impacts the clean programs every day. You, nor built, will ever admit it. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Why do you make things up ? I never said the teams that cheat do not impact the teams that do not. In fact by definition, that is who they are cheating. Gopherall provided a list that i am mostly in agreement with. I have Viilanova as a non cheat and Baylor as a cheat. I also qualify your never having cheated to never having cheated under the present coaches. I know the influence of what cheating does to a program as someone who has advanced scouted for UVA i knew exactly what we were up against. Bennett explained exactly how he was going to build it and that it would clean as a whistle, no character issues, no special classes, not even a sandwich provided by a host to a recruit. That is why watching him win all that he has was so gratifying because to him and for he and his university winning it all would not matter if you had to cheat. I know what recruits he lost to families that took shoe money without the player even knowing it. Arizona, your guilty ! Sean Miller, with all his cheating has not made a final 4. Bennett clean won the national title ! Plus it appeals to even more really talented players and what is in the pipe and on the way is even better as what is leaving. That is what we want to do. FYI, not sure what is up at Duke, where there is smoke there is often fire but you need proof. I can not help it that UNC skated with legalize but to me they cheated. Interesting that North Carolina high school kids are now picking UVA.

This discussion started with claims that all people cheat and i defended that it simply is not true, that it is just excuses losers use to cover losing. Yes it makes it more difficult to win but like UVA oh so sweet when you do !

Stop making things up. I never said everybody cheats. Never.

The impact on others is the point. You, allegedly, finally got it. Not so much for some other posters. Argus, the playing field is not level. Thanks for making my point.

Last edited:

Duke
UNC
Villinove
Miami
Arizona
UCLA
WKU
NC State
Creighton
Kansas
LSU
OKST
Oregon
Alabama
Cincinatti
Kentucky
LSU
Mississippi St
USC
Xavier
Clemson

Suspicious 17 - I can't put these teams in my clean league because I don't trust them but I have no evidence against them
Indiana
OSU
FSU
Mizzu
Auburn
Arkansas
Washington
Illinois
Maryland
Marquette
Texas
ASU
Michigan
UF
Tenn
Ole miss
Vanderbilt

Virginia
VT
SU
ND
Pitt
GT
BC
WF
Seton Hall
Butler
SJU
Providence
Georgetown
Depaul
MSU
Purdue
Wisco
Minn
Northwestern
Rutgers
TTU
ISU
KSU
OU
Baylor
TCU
WVU
Colorado
OSU
Utah
Stanford
WSU
Cal
South Carolina
Georgia

Louisville in a category of its own?

Depaul is definitely dirty, see the recruitment of Romero Weems and their current coach. I would put Beilein and Michigan in the jelly bean camp. The NCAA should allow schools to start paying players I think that would help level the playing field some.

Depaul is definitely dirty, see the recruitment of Romero Weems and their current coach. I would put Beilein and Michigan in the jelly bean camp. The NCAA should allow schools to start paying players I think that would help level the playing field some.

You mean the current playing field is not level?

:clap:

Baylor and $cott Drew clean? I don't think so.....Also not Huggy Bear and WVU unless he's found Jesus since his time in Cincy which I doubt.

On the B1G side, I would be surprised if Michigan were back at it and double surprised that Jim B. would allow it. If Illinois or Maryland were cheating, I'd think they'd be better at it. OSU and Indiana, I can see that. I'm not so sure about Izzo anymore either.

Last edited:

Honestly all the scandals have taught me one thing...remember my high school civics.

Never admit guilt. Never give evidence against yourself.
Stonewall

NCAA investigation officially launched

How long does Arizona stick with Miller before they cut bait (if at all)? Get the feeling a lot of people will have a close eye on this one.

Last edited:

Honestly all the scandals have taught me one thing...remember my high school civics.

Never admit guilt. Never give evidence against yourself.
Stonewall
Plausible Deniability

Duke
UNC
Villinove
Miami
Arizona
UCLA
WKU
NC State
Creighton
Kansas
LSU
OKST
Oregon
Alabama
Cincinatti
Kentucky
LSU
Mississippi St
USC
Xavier
Clemson

Indiana
OSU
FSU
Mizzu
Auburn
Arkansas
Washington
Illinois
Maryland
Marquette
Texas
ASU
Michigan
UF
Tenn
Ole miss
Vanderbilt

Virginia
VT
SU
ND
Pitt
GT
BC
WF
Seton Hall
Butler
SJU
Providence
Georgetown
Depaul
MSU
Purdue
Wisco
Minn
Northwestern
Rutgers
TTU
ISU
KSU
OU
Baylor
TCU
WVU
Colorado
OSU
Utah
Stanford
WSU
Cal
South Carolina
Georgia

I disagree with a whole bunch of schools on your “trust to be clean” list. Syracuse. Pitt (with Capel). Seton Hall. Baylor. West Virginia. Ohio State. Any SEC school.

The Power 6
Virginia
Duke
North Carolina
Virginia Tech
Florida State
Louisville
NC State
Clemson
Syracuse
Miami
Notre Dame
Pitt
Georgia Tech
Boston College
Wake Forest
Villanova
Marquette
Creighton
Seton Hall
Xavier
Butler
Saint John’s
Providence
Georgetown
DePaul
Michigan State
Michigan
Purdue
Wisconsin
Maryland
Iowa
Penn State
Nebraska
Ohio State
Minnesota
Indiana
Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois
Texas Tech
Kansas
Iowa State
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Texas
Baylor
TCU
Oklahoma State
West Virginia
Oregon
Washington
Arizona State
Colorado
Oregon State
USC
Arizona
Utah
Stanford
UCLA
Washington State
Cal
Kentucky
Tennessee
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi State
Florida
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Alabama
Missouri
South Carolina
Texas A&M
Georgia
Vanderbilt
Need evidence for Auburn?
He had an assistant head coach and primary recruiter plead guilty in one of the recent scandals. Bruce Pearl's response is to not talk to investigators. Not deny. No response...... hmmmmm.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom