How does Sean Miller survive this FBI investigation and trial?

that's dawkins words about miller paying ayton, not miller's words. guessing they're looking for more direct evidence

that's dawkins words about miller paying ayton, not miller's words. guessing they're looking for more direct evidence

You would think the FBI would have bank records by now.

Miller and Wade are fine until they're heard (or seen) on tape, and it's no longer hearsay.

If/when that occurs, it may take some time but they'll be gone after the lawyers on both sides work things out.

Do you enjoy being a stalking ******bag?

Do you enjoy your hypocrisy and portraying yourself as holier than thou?

Admit what I have said regarding college bb is true. Why do you have such an aversion to the truth?

Miller and Wade are fine until they're heard (or seen) on tape, and it's no longer hearsay.

If/when that occurs, it may take some time but they'll be gone after the lawyers on both sides work things out.

I agree but if either one of them thinks there is even a remote chance they survive, there will be major stories coming out in friendly media about how slimey the accusers are. Attack the one making the assertion first is a tried and tested strategy even if it doesn't work all the time. My guess is that their teams have already been at work keeping them off the stand. Neither will give up without a fight, and if they are able to keep the beneficiaries of the payola quiet, they just might make it. I have zero confidence in the NCAA, but pretty sure they would maul LSU and go soft on Arizona when/if they get involved. Major test of institutional integrity at both places.

I agree but if either one of them thinks there is even a remote chance they survive, there will be major stories coming out in friendly media about how slimey the accusers are. Attack the one making the assertion first is a tried and tested strategy even if it doesn't work all the time. My guess is that their teams have already been at work keeping them off the stand. Neither will give up without a fight, and if they are able to keep the beneficiaries of the payola quiet, they just might make it. I have zero confidence in the NCAA, but pretty sure they would maul LSU and go soft on Arizona when/if they get involved. Major test of institutional integrity at both places.

It's all about the lawyers now. Who has the better ones, the coach or the school?

Wasn't Wade on tape talking about a "strong ass offer"?

Do you enjoy your hypocrisy and portraying yourself as holier than thou?

Admit what I have said regarding college bb is true. Why do you have such an aversion to the truth?

Do you want people to admit that everyone cheats ? That is simply not true.

The NCAA scares no one anymore. The schools that cheat are simply flipping them off and moving on, knowing the big bad wolf no longer has any teeth.

The NCAA scares no one anymore. The schools that cheat are simply flipping them off and moving on, knowing the big bad wolf no longer has any teeth.

But aren't they afraid of the FBI and the court of public opinion? Or is the court of public opinion more influenced by wins and losses?

What is the truth about college bb cheating, built? Lay it out.

Just like in life, some cheat on their taxes, some do not, some cheat on the golf course, some do not and on and on. Some coaches will do anything to win, others would never cheat to win as they believe that is losing. We use to have cheaters at my home golf club but we threw them out with evidence. Other clubs tolerate it. Cheaters have no shame. True winners would never cheat. Shared the story of being the host to a recruit for a highly successful coach and being reminded to not even pick up the tab on a 6 dollar sandwhich, that they do not cut any corners. In my 50 year career at our family firm we made it so any violation resulted in termination. You either have these ethics or you do not. Some coaches have them, some do not. Why lump the guys that play it straight with the cheaters !

Just like in life, some cheat on their taxes, some do not, some cheat on the golf course, some do not and on and on. Some coaches will do anything to win, others would never cheat to win as they believe that is losing. We use to have cheaters at my home golf club but we threw them out with evidence. Other clubs tolerate it. Cheaters have no shame. True winners would never cheat. Shared the story of being the host to a recruit for a highly successful coach and being reminded to not even pick up the tab on a 6 dollar sandwhich, that they do not cut any corners. In my 50 year career at our family firm we made it so any violation resulted in termination. You either have these ethics or you do not. Some coaches have them, some do not. Why lump the guys that play it straight with the cheaters !

Bingo.

The problem is that they never had any teeth, nor could they. They can't subpoena anyone or tap anyone's phones. The idea behind a governing body like the NCAA was that while they would police to the best of their abilities, the member schools would still be required to act in good faith and cooperate with investigations. The schools and their administration would be the ones applying the leverage to their students and coaches to cooperate.

Somewhere along the way some of the schools, some more than others, started to automatically rally the wagons around their athletic departments even when they knew they were wrong. It is popular to go after the NCAA, but in the end what can the do if people lie to them or won't talk to them? Nothing.

The problem is that they never had any teeth, nor could they. They can't subpoena anyone or tap anyone's phones. The idea behind a governing body like the NCAA was that while they would police to the best of their abilities, the member schools would still be required to act in good faith and cooperate with investigations. The schools and their administration would be the ones applying the leverage to their students and coaches to cooperate.

Somewhere along the way some of the schools, some more than others, started to automatically rally the wagons around their athletic departments even when they knew they were wrong. It is popular to go after the NCAA, but in the end what can the do if people lie to them or won't talk to them? Nothing.

Boom ! It starts with the administration and what they want to be and how they want to do it. They hire a AD with the same ethics and then find the coach who truly believes it, lives it. He only recruits high character kids. When anyone violates the values they are out. Some schools require a rigorously enforced honor code on every assignment, every test. Presidents should give a damn that the athletes do not get special classes, fake classes, cheat. They will be going out into the world that enforces rules. If that scum cheating administration at UNC does not care then sure they will win a few more games but the reputation of the University suffers. Louisville did the right thing by having consequences for actions and for not taking action. Arizona is playing the lawyer up game. Minnesota did the right thing and got rid of those breaking rules. Character does count for more than winning and this years champ proved you could do both ! Bob Knight became a bully but by God he was determined to win straight. Keady lived it too. Mckillop at Davidson is the word dignity personified. You either have class or you do not. Anyone knows it when they see it.

But aren't they afraid of the FBI and the court of public opinion? Or is the court of public opinion more influenced by wins and losses?

I think many fans have come to rationalize that everyone is cheating so there's no such thing as cheating. That even though not everyone is cheating.

Agree with what you say. You just dont include the impact on other programs. UNC wins national titles, Roy is wonderful, and all the while they cheat. Your suggestion that the perception of UNC is somehow tarnished is hogwash. They keep winning and keep reeling in the best recruits. Rinse and repeat.

Include the impact on other programs and you might finally see the global picture. The facts are the UNC's of the world impact other programs that do it the "right" way.

Sean Miller and AZ anyone? Where did Nnjai sign?

Yep. Its clear as day how some of these schools feel about NCAA compliance when they're willing to hire a guy like Bruce Pearl.

Hypocrite SS your son? Brother?

No, WoodburyTim and I are not related, nor do we know each other, but thanks for inquiring!

BB, here's a list of the 75 Power 6 programs. If you're so inclined, please let us know one-by-one which ones (in your mind) don't cheat or have never cheated. And once you've established who the non-cheaters are, do you think the non-cheaters should secede from their respective conferences and form their own conference? Maybe we could call it the No Excuses Level Playing Field Conference? Every team will be on the exact same level!

I truly am curious which programs you think are/have been beyond reproach.

The Power 6
Virginia
Duke
North Carolina
Virginia Tech
Florida State
Louisville
NC State
Clemson
Syracuse
Miami
Notre Dame
Pitt
Georgia Tech
Boston College
Wake Forest
Villanova
Marquette
Creighton
Seton Hall
Xavier
Butler
Saint John’s
Providence
Georgetown
DePaul
Michigan State
Michigan
Purdue
Wisconsin
Maryland
Iowa
Penn State
Nebraska
Ohio State
Minnesota
Indiana
Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois
Texas Tech
Kansas
Iowa State
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Texas
Baylor
TCU
Oklahoma State
West Virginia
Oregon
Washington
Arizona State
Colorado
Oregon State
USC
Arizona
Utah
Stanford
UCLA
Washington State
Cal
Kentucky
Tennessee
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi State
Florida
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Alabama
Missouri
South Carolina
Texas A&M
Georgia
Vanderbilt

Last edited:

If Miller is taken down, what would the likelihood be of Zeke becoming a Gopher? Talk about a perfect fit of skills and need.

Last edited:

If Miller is taken down, what would the likelihood be of Zeke becoming a Gopher? Talk about a perfect fit of skills and need.

I have the feeling he never wanted to be here. I doubt it would matter for us.

Top Bottom