Purdue 2019-20

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Purdue-womens-basketball-adds-509304011.html

Melanie Balcomb brings her "brilliant offensive mindset" to a Purdue team in serious need of offense.

Purdue women's basketball head coach Sharon Versyp announced the hiring of Melanie Balcomb to the Boilermaker staff Tuesday, hiring the 33-year coaching veteran as her Senior Associate Head Coach. Balcomb adds considerable depth and experience to the coaching roster with 23 seasons of head coaching experience, including 14 at Vanderbilt and seven at Xavier.

"Melanie brings invaluable experience and knowledge of the game to our program and has a brilliant offensive mindset," said Versyp. "A proven winner with a high understanding of college dynamics, she brings incredible energy, recruiting ties from all over the country and an amazing passion for basketball. We're thrilled to have her expertise and presence join the Boilermaker family."

She's led teams to 15 NCAA Tournaments as a head coach, advancing to an Elite 8 and five Sweet 16's, while piling up 473 career victories. In addition to her head coaching experience, Balcolmb added an NCAA Championship to the resume in 2017, helping South Carolina to the national title as Directory of Offensive Analytics.

Over 14 seasons Balcomb became the winningest coach in Vanderbilt history, picking up 310 wins at an average of 22 per year. She led the Commodores to 12 straight NCAA Tournaments from 2003 to 2014, advancing to the Sweet 16 in 2004, 2005, 2008 and 2009, and earning 14 total victories in the national tournament. She won three SEC Tournament titles, topping the conference in 2004, 2007 and 2009, and coached 19 players to All-SEC honors.

https://uwbadgers.com/news/2019/5/2...gers-add-wisdom-hylton-to-coaching-staff.aspx

Boiler legend, Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton, moves from the Purdue bench to the Wisconsin sidelines.

Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton, a former standout and assistant coach at Purdue University, has joined the Wisconsin women's basketball staff, head coach Jonathan Tsipis announced on Wednesday.

"Our whole program is excited to welcome Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton to our Wisconsin Women's Basketball family," Tsipis said. "Her experience as an All-Big Ten performer at Purdue and her playing experience in the WNBA and overseas will be invaluable to our student-athletes.

Wisdom-Hylton spent seven seasons on the Purdue sidelines after earning two honorable mention All-America honors for the Boilermakers as a player. She also spent four seasons in the WNBA after being drafted in the first round in 2009.

"I'm excited to join a rising program like Wisconsin, and continue to use my experience of playing and recruiting within the Big Ten Conference," said Wisdom-Hylton. "My background of playing in the WNBA and overseas will help me to develop our players and prepare them for the next level. I'll be able to practice and play against the team in addition to using my expertise to train and coach them."
"I'm excited to continue my coaching career in the Big Ten and to be a part of what Coach Tsipis has started here at Wisconsin."

Wisdom-Hylton worked primarily with the Boilermaker post players, many of whom set several marks in the Purdue record book, including Ae'Rianna Harris, who broke Wisdom-Hylton's career blocks record. Harris won back-to-back Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year awards and was a finalist for the 2019 Naismith Defensive Player of the Year.

https://www.purdueexponent.org/spor...cle_68d1b1ea-8df1-11e9-8a61-2b6a3b521f8a.html
Purdue women's basketball head coach Sharon Versyp announced her non-conference schedule for the 2019-20 season Thursday, unveiling the exhibition opponent and eight regular season games.

The Boilermakers will play at least seven times in Mackey Arena to get the year going, facing opponents from six difference conferences in addition to the opponents still to be announced for the 2019 Gulf Coast Showcase and Big Ten/ACC Challenge.

The Boilermakers will put the uniforms on for the first time Nov. 3, hosting Southern Indiana for an exhibition contest at Mackey Arena. The season and home opener follows a week later as 2019-20 officially begins against Milwaukee on Sunday, Nov. 10. It will be Purdue's first game against the Panthers since 2003, and the 41st meeting between the Boilermakers and a foe from the Horizon League

The ALMOST Purdue non-conference schedule with last season's final NCAA RPI. The Boilers still have to add the B1G/ACC game and their Gulf Coast Showcase games to the schedule.

17 @ South Carolina
79 Western Kentucky
81 Kent State
132 Northern Illinois
175 @ Chattanooga
204 Milwaukee
223 Bowling Green
241 Western Illinois

Long time Purdue assistant, Nadine Morgan, is leaving the program for personal reasons.

https://purduesports.com/news/2019/...scruggs-named-purdue-wbb-assistant-coach.aspx

Moving quickly, Sharon Versyp hires Michael Scruggs to fill the vacant assistant coach position.

Purdue women's basketball head coach Sharon Versyp announced the hiring of Michael Scruggs as assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Monday, filling out her staff in preparation for this week's international trip to Australia. Scruggs has spent the last 10 years in various assistant coaching roles, most recently at Marshall and Loyola Chicago.

Tamara Farquhar is out for the season.

The Purdue women's basketball team will move forward without junior Tamara Farquhar, who is done for the season after suffering a knee injury.

Farquhar sustained the injury during Sunday's loss against Rutgers. The school's press release didn't identify the type of knee injury

Top Bottom