Gophers have to have the oldest, deepest, most experienced RB unit in the nation!

swingman

Reaction score
Rodney Smith, year six, 39 games,2959 rush yards,21 TDs (58 rec for 451 yards)
Shannon Brooks, year five, 29 games, 1882 rush yards, 18 TDs (32 rec for 313 yds/2 TDs)
Seth Green, year four, 14 games, 282 yards, 8 TDs (2 rec for 37 yards)
Mo Ibrahim, year three, 10 games, 1,160 yards, 9 TDs 4 rec for 26 yards)
Bryce Williams, year two, 13 games, 502 yards, 4 TDs (4 rec for 64 yards)

There’s probably NFL teams who will have a younger RB rotation next year. Seriously.

There’s probably NFL teams who will have a younger RB rotation next year. Seriously.

I've always wondered / thought that in the NFL the talent concentration is so high that if you can get a really good offensive line (that's the seriously hard part) ... that you don't need a super star RB, or at least RB depth and talent isn't as critical as you'll probabbly be ok with most running backs if your OL is great.

In college it seems like there the talent variation among RBs is so dramatic that you just don't know and need to horde them.

Let's run the wishbone.

All that experience and we still lost 3 of our last 5 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always wondered / thought that in the NFL the talent concentration is so high that if you can get a really good offensive line (that's the seriously hard part) ... that you don't need a super star RB, or at least RB depth and talent isn't as critical as you'll probabbly be ok with most running backs if your OL is great.

In college it seems like there the talent variation among RBs is so dramatic that you just don't know and need to horde them.

Yup. And fewer RBs are being taken real early in the draft anymore.

NO NO NO no no no. This is off-message. The Gophers are the youngest team in the world, and they get younger every year. In 2019 they'll be younger than your kid's junior high team.

All that experience and we still lost 3 of our last 5 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually I can make some sense of your constant snark but this one lost me. Pretty sure the last 5 were Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech....

Rodney Smith, year six, 39 games,2959 rush yards,21 TDs (58 rec for 451 yards)
Shannon Brooks, year five, 29 games, 1882 rush yards, 18 TDs (32 rec for 313 yds/2 TDs)
Seth Green, year four, 14 games, 282 yards, 8 TDs (2 rec for 37 yards)
Mo Ibrahim, year three, 10 games, 1,160 yards, 9 TDs 4 rec for 26 yards)
Bryce Williams, year two, 13 games, 502 yards, 4 TDs (4 rec for 64 yards)

Assuming they are healthy our depth and experience at RB is going to be great this year. Although I am not sure you can factor Seth Green into the RB depth, I get that he is a run first option at QB but that doesn't make him a RB and if he lines up anywhere other than QB it will be at WR.

Usually I can make some sense of your constant snark but this one lost me. Pretty sure the last 5 were Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech....

It’s his bit

Sarcasm...Fleck and Coyle's quotes of winning the last 4 of 5.

Top Bottom