Early 2020 NFL Draft Prospect Top 50 Rankings (#16. Carter Coughlin, Minnesota)

It would be great to see Carter drafted in the 1st round.

Whoa that escalated quickly. I hadn’t seen him on any draft lists, but I’m glad. Would be our best draft pick of my lifetime.

I’ve been trying to see if anyone has made a bold call on Faalele being top 5 in 2021, but not yet.

He deserves it! Keep up the awesome work Carter!

Are there any school records he is in reach of breaking?

This is all funny to me.

I started a thread during the season about if we should start worrying about whether Coughlin and TJ would leave early and declare for the draft. I was told neither would be drafted this year and some even told me they wouldn't play in the league at all.

I’ve been trying to see if anyone has made a bold call on Faalele being top 5 in 2021, but not yet.

I haven't seen a single 2021 mock draft that has included Faalele, let alone in the top 5.

247 does have Blaise Andries at 30th overall in theirs.

I haven't seen a single 2021 mock draft that has included Faalele, let alone in the top 5.

247 does have Blaise Andries at 30th overall in theirs.

Because of his playing only one year of varsity football in high school, he likely will need a 4th year in college to be a 1st round pick. And he'll need to continue to develop quite a lot. We'll see.

He'd look great in Purple.

I’ll be surprised if he goes first round. That’s not me hating on him, just don’t see him as an NFL DE and NFL teams might not like the body of work at LB enough to commit their top pick. Would be awesome, for sure. Please prove me wrong!

Based on last season I feel (I think everyone agrees) he’s set to have a monster senior year and that will improve his chances of going higher. Draft stock can change dramatically over the course of a year and these early projections can be all over the place.

Based on last season I feel (I think everyone agrees) he’s set to have a monster senior year and that will improve his chances of going higher. Draft stock can change dramatically over the course of a year and these early projections can be all over the place.

It may not hurt his draft stock at all but I could see him actually having a down year. I'm not sure how much it happened last season but I expect teams to start to chip him with a TE and have their RBs slide to his side when they stay in to pass protect. Let's hope Mafe and Winston can create a rush on the other side. If they can do that all of that will be a mute point.

It may not hurt his draft stock at all but I could see him actually having a down year. I'm not sure how much it happened last season but I expect teams to start to chip him with a TE and have their RBs slide to his side when they stay in to pass protect. Let's hope Mafe and Winston can create a rush on the other side. If they can do that all of that will be a mute point.

I think you mean "moo" point.

I’m a big CC fan too and think he will have a big senior year. I absolutely expect him to be drafted.

But #16 overall put him as the 4th best senior prospect at ANY position, and that’s some awfully heady stuff for a guy who isn’t a physical freak, plays for a mid-exposure team, and hasn’t exactly dominated during his first 3 years.

Because of his playing only one year of varsity football in high school, he likely will need a 4th year in college to be a 1st round pick. And he'll need to continue to develop quite a lot. We'll see.

I'll be shocked if he isn't a first round pick right after becoming draft eligible. Can't see him playing a 4th year unless he has injuries.

I’m a big CC fan too and think he will have a big senior year. I absolutely expect him to be drafted.

But #16 overall put him as the 4th best senior prospect at ANY position, and that’s some awfully heady stuff for a guy who isn’t a physical freak, plays for a mid-exposure team, and hasn’t exactly dominated during his first 3 years.

I think CC is more of a physical freak than you realize. He's really fast for someone his size. Not saying #16 isn't too high, but he's a very impressive athlete.

Top Bottom