Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Early 2020 NFL Draft Prospect Top 50 Rankings (#16. Carter Coughlin, Minnesota)

per Athlon, Coughlin ranked 16th top prospect for the 2020 NFL Draft:

https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...ospects-top-50

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Athlon, Coughlin ranked 16th top prospect for the 2020 NFL Draft:

https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...ospects-top-50

Go Gophers!!
    I could see Tyler Johnson cracking the top 50 as well come draft time 2020

It would be great to see Carter drafted in the 1st round.

Whoa that escalated quickly. I hadnít seen him on any draft lists, but Iím glad. Would be our best draft pick of my lifetime.

Iíve been trying to see if anyone has made a bold call on Faalele being top 5 in 2021, but not yet.

He deserves it! Keep up the awesome work Carter!

Are there any school records he is in reach of breaking?

This is all funny to me.

I started a thread during the season about if we should start worrying about whether Coughlin and TJ would leave early and declare for the draft. I was told neither would be drafted this year and some even told me they wouldn't play in the league at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    I’ve been trying to see if anyone has made a bold call on Faalele being top 5 in 2021, but not yet.
    I haven't seen a single 2021 mock draft that has included Faalele, let alone in the top 5.

247 does have Blaise Andries at 30th overall in theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by WinLoseOrTy View Post
    I haven't seen a single 2021 mock draft that has included Faalele, let alone in the top 5.

247 does have Blaise Andries at 30th overall in theirs.
    Because of his playing only one year of varsity football in high school, he likely will need a 4th year in college to be a 1st round pick. And he'll need to continue to develop quite a lot. We'll see.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

He'd look great in Purple.

I’ll be surprised if he goes first round. That’s not me hating on him, just don’t see him as an NFL DE and NFL teams might not like the body of work at LB enough to commit their top pick. Would be awesome, for sure. Please prove me wrong!
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    He'd look great in Purple.
    I would love to cheer for him too but we would need a new coach since he projects to be a 3-4 will LB and the vikings use a 4-3 or 4-2-5 type defense

Based on last season I feel (I think everyone agrees) he’s set to have a monster senior year and that will improve his chances of going higher. Draft stock can change dramatically over the course of a year and these early projections can be all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Based on last season I feel (I think everyone agrees) he’s set to have a monster senior year and that will improve his chances of going higher. Draft stock can change dramatically over the course of a year and these early projections can be all over the place.
    It may not hurt his draft stock at all but I could see him actually having a down year. I'm not sure how much it happened last season but I expect teams to start to chip him with a TE and have their RBs slide to his side when they stay in to pass protect. Let's hope Mafe and Winston can create a rush on the other side. If they can do that all of that will be a mute point.

Quote Originally Posted by gopherall View Post
    It may not hurt his draft stock at all but I could see him actually having a down year. I'm not sure how much it happened last season but I expect teams to start to chip him with a TE and have their RBs slide to his side when they stay in to pass protect. Let's hope Mafe and Winston can create a rush on the other side. If they can do that all of that will be a mute point.
    I think you mean "moo" point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Based on last season I feel (I think everyone agrees) heís set to have a monster senior year and that will improve his chances of going higher. Draft stock can change dramatically over the course of a year and these early projections can be all over the place.
    Iím a big CC fan too and think he will have a big senior year. I absolutely expect him to be drafted.

But #16 overall put him as the 4th best senior prospect at ANY position, and thatís some awfully heady stuff for a guy who isnít a physical freak, plays for a mid-exposure team, and hasnít exactly dominated during his first 3 years.