Attendance drops for 12 MLB teams, as loss of gate takes on more permanent look

Soccer is something your kids play until they’ re ready for real sports

You anti soccer people are funny. Let me know when the twins start selling out games.

Druggies love soccer for some reason. Baseball puts them to sleep. They also make dumb arguments. Baseball is most boring on TV. Baseball is a nice social event live. Perhaps soccer on bicycles would improve the game.

Druggies love soccer for some reason. Baseball puts them to sleep. They also make dumb arguments. Baseball is most boring on TV. Baseball is a nice social event live. Perhaps soccer on bicycles would improve the game.

Like I said I like going to twins games because I like to walk around drinking beer and eating the food. The sport itself is about the most boring thing you could watch.

Soccer is fine just the way it is which is why it's the most popular sport in the world.

Baseball is best enjoyed on the radio.

Regular season baseball = snoozefest
Playoff baseball is a bit better but still not great. The game itself is way better in October, but the 4 hour run time is exhausting. The most exciting thing about July baseball is the company you go with.

5/2--2:32
5/1--2:28
4/30--3:18
4/29--2:31
4/29--2:42
4/28/--3:24
4/27--3:07
4/24--2:28
4/23/3:04

You must really not be watching.

A healthy dose of Vyvanse can help you focus.

Actually baseball is best watched on the DVR. Can watch a game in an hour or so and not miss anything.

Better than 30-60 seconds like your average soccer game.

45 mins straight action, a short break, 45 mins straight action is far more entertaining than a 1 second pitch followed by 2 mins of two guys adjusting their nut cups and fidgeting around followed by a 1 second pitch. Then a 5 minute commercial break and repeat.

45 mins straight action, a short break, 45 mins straight action is far more entertaining than a 1 second pitch followed by 2 mins of two guys adjusting their nut cups and fidgeting around followed by a 1 second pitch. Then a 5 minute commercial break and repeat.

While the average time between pitches is something MLB needs to address, it's 12-15 seconds, not 2 minutes. And watching fielders re-position for shifts etc., is about as exciting as watching 3 guys pass the ball around at midfield.

While the average time between pitches is something MLB needs to address, it's 12-15 seconds, not 2 minutes. And watching fielders re-position for shifts etc., is about as exciting as watching 3 guys pass the ball around at midfield.

I think you just really like watching guys adjust their nut cups constantly then grab bats real tight with both hands...

I think you just really like watching guys adjust their nut cups constantly then grab bats real tight with both hands...

:rolleyes: Like I said, DVR is best. I guess it wouldn't work for soccer, as you'd miss too much "action."

:rolleyes: Like I said, DVR is best. I guess it wouldn't work for soccer, as you'd miss too much "action."

If you DVR a soccer game you can cut it down to 1.5 hours of constant action. Do it all the time.

Here is a clip from the old DVR
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gUqEHjbxtlU?start=27" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Regular season baseball = snoozefest
Playoff baseball is a bit better but still not great. The game itself is way better in October, but the 4 hour run time is exhausting. The most exciting thing about July baseball is the company you go with.

The 4-game series they just had with Houston averaged 2:42. The Twins have played just four games over 3:30 this year and nine under 3:00.

I think it just depends on the person. I've never played soccer so I don't understand the strategies. So to me the action you're talking about is just guys kicking the ball around no where close to the goal. But I've been around baseball my whole life (played it when young and worked in minor league baseball for 10 years). I tend to notice more than the average fan like how the pitcher will set up the batter with a specific pitching sequence. Plus I just love being at the ballpark.

The 4-game series they just had with Houston averaged 2:42. The Twins have played just four games over 3:30 this year and nine under 3:00.

I'm not sure, but it seems like they might have shaved time of between inning breaks and the networks are making it up with more in-game ads. The NFL started doing this too. I'll take it, even if the in-game ads are annoying.

There is two types of countries in the world. Those who like soccer and those who have landed on the moon.

If you DVR a soccer game you can cut it down to 1.5 hours of constant action. Do it all the time.

But, then you still have to deal with those darn offsides calls. It never fails...you can sit around waiting for almost 90 minutes for the ball to get close to the net, and when it finally looks like it's going to, the whistle blows.

I'm not sure, but it seems like they might have shaved time of between inning breaks and the networks are making it up with more in-game ads. The NFL started doing this too. I'll take it, even if the in-game ads are annoying.

Most definitely less time between innings. I noticed that right away.

Baseball is best enjoyed on the radio.

There is little like the relaxation of listening to a Sunday baseball game while on a boat on the lake in summer.

Top Bottom