Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Lying to the American people, and perjury to the American Congress.

Impeach.
    You realize they can't impeach Barr right? That would be obstruction of justice, since Barr's DOJ is actively investigating Mueller, Comey, McCabe, Clapper, Brennan & a host of Democratic Congressmen.
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

Who knows what hyper-conservative .org site or tweet you read that off.

Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    You realize they can't impeach Barr right? That would be obstruction of justice, since Barr's DOJ is actively investigating Mueller, Comey, McCabe, Clapper, Brennan & a host of Democratic Congressmen.
    no no. It’s okay for Democrats to fire someone who is conducting an investigation b/c their motives are pure in the interference of an investigation. Tubby Nadler will tell us so.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    no no. It’s okay for Democrats to fire someone who is conducting an investigation b/c their motives are pure in the interference of an investigation. Tubby Nadler will tell us so.
    The best part is the D's want to impeach Barr for refusing to break the law. It really is the bizarro world we're living in.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Please show some respect. It's not 'Tubby' Nadler, it's 'Nose Hairs' Nadler, or 'The man with the longest zipper in the world'.

The best part is the D's want to impeach Barr for refusing to break the law. It really is the bizarro world we're living in.
    According to Nancy, any talk of impeachment is the Republicans fault for cleverly forcing the Dems to justify impeachment. I’m sure that goes for holding Barr in contempt of Congress too. The Dems can do know wrong that isn’t the Republicans’ fault.

Hippo tweet:

Blog Entries

You apparently haven't heard of the necessary and proper clause. It is necessary to know if the executive is not executing the law or breaking it. It is a function of the legislative branch to oversee the executive branch. It Barr decides a President is above the law from a memo that has not even been reviewed administratively by any body, then Barr might as well use toilet paper to interpret law, which is what he is doing. And, yes, Congress can impeach Barr. And, Barr is simply refusing to enforce a subpoena of Congress, which is against the law.
    The Republican party believes it is above the law and the Constitution. AS A Republican since BIRTH in the UNITED STATES, I can now say with evidence that the Republican party is no longer a legitimate friend of the CONSTITUTION. That party is now the party of a dictator.

And, what has Trump declared recently that proves he is moving toward a dictatorship. 'My term should be 6 years, because the first two years were stolen by the investigation.'

Costa, you remain on my enemies of the Constitution list and any and all who support this enemy of the Constitution.

Support and protect the Constitution or DIE. VERITAS CAPUT! E PLURUBUS UNUM!
    You can call me Shirley. The "S" has to stand for something!

Blog Entries

Trump doesn't need a 2 year extension. He is getting a 4 year extension. That will be constitutional so you are free to support it. #Trump2020.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Dean S View Post

And, what has Trump declared recently that proves he is moving toward a dictatorship. 'My term should be 6 years, because the first two years were stolen by the investigation.'
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHA
    4 more years.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Dean S View Post
    You apparently haven't heard of the necessary and proper clause. It is necessary to know if the executive is not executing the law or breaking it. It is a function of the legislative branch to oversee the executive branch. It Barr decides a President is above the law from a memo that has not even been reviewed administratively by any body, then Barr might as well use toilet paper to interpret law, which is what he is doing. And, yes, Congress can impeach Barr. And, Barr is simply refusing to enforce a subpoena of Congress, which is against the law.
    The Republican party believes it is above the law and the Constitution. AS A Republican since BIRTH in the UNITED STATES, I can now say with evidence that the Republican party is no longer a legitimate friend of the CONSTITUTION. That party is now the party of a dictator.

Costa, you remain on my enemies of the Constitution list and any and all who support this enemy of the Constitution.

Support and protect the Constitution or DIE. VERITAS CAPUT! E PLURUBUS UNUM!
    Now here is a real Republican that I can get behind!!

Here is the sad, sad truth about Trumpers: they’re so obsessed with defeating anyone who is trying to defeat Trump, that they’ve turned THAT into being THE only thing that matters!

They win at that ... but have they actually won anything tangible??? What has really changed in the country? In their lives? Zero of substance. They’ll desperately point to a tax cut, but that would’ve been exactly the same (or likely better) with any other GOP candidate winning the White House. Just executed much more cleanly.

The ONLY thing they’ve really won, and it will be the ONLY thing over Trump’s time, however much longer that is, is that they got someone in the White House that is vastly different from anyone who has been there before. That’s it.

They claim that was a major objective in of itself, but cannot explain with any logic or reason why achieving that actually accomplishes something tangible, that does good in people’s lives. And as we have already observed, it largely hasn’t so far.
    Last edited by Gophers_4life; 05-09-2019 at 11:11 AM.

If my party wins, that justifies everything.

If Trump took a dump on the flag, and wiped his butt with the constitution, most of his followers would praise him.

If Obama took a dump on the flag, and wiped his butt with the constitution, most of his followers would praise him.

and a few people would look on and and wonder if they were hallucinating, or expect to see Rod Serling step out from the corner and begin narrating.

We are living in the Twilight Zone. I think I just saw Burgess Meredith heading to the library.

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post

If Trump took a dump on the flag, and wiped his butt with the constitution, most of his followers would praise him.

If Obama took a dump on the flag, and wiped his butt with the constitution, most of his followers would praise him.

and a few people would look on and and wonder if they were hallucinating, or expect to see Rod Serling step out from the corner and begin narrating.

We are living in the Twilight Zone. I think I just saw Burgess Meredith heading to the library.
    Sometimes you’ve got to wonder if the USA would be better off as a version of the European Union. 50 autonomous countries, with a looser federal union, but no federal army, no federal programs. A basic agreement to defend each other, and have free flow of people, goods, capital.

Of course, that’s what Russia and China pray for nightly.

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post

I think its' kind of the opposite: it's just a constant moral panic no matter what the other team does. There was certainly an overreaction to a lot of what Obama did. a justified opposition no doubt, but needed to pick the battle more. Thanks Obama summed that up nicely.
    And with Trump, that got turned up to 11. It is just full on panic every time he tweets or opens his mouth .

The reality of both is that they barely moved the needle.