Four transfers from Frosty

20 players have left since Frost was hired. If they had equivalent numbers at MN, this board would have self-destructed. at Neb, it's "In Scott we trust."

20 players have left since Frost was hired. If they had equivalent numbers at MN, this board would have self-destructed. at Neb, it's "In Scott we trust."

Obviously everyone in Nebraska is proud to be a Froster, while we Flecksters are in a civil war.

I hope you aren’t suggesting that Frost is running players off the team. Coaches don’t do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nebraska's recruiting does fine because Big Red Nation buys lots of subscriptions to recruiting services and the recruiting services hype Nebraska recruiting to make their customers happy.

They had zero NFL draft picks this year, despite recruiting the #30, #26, and #23 classes in the nation in 2015, 2016, and 2017.

The comments to that article, particularly for an SB Nation site, illustrate that passionate fans have a lot of varied opinions and Nebraska fans aren’t much different than anywhere else.

I’m a bit concerned about Nebraska, year 2 under Frost, great QB making 2nd year jump, finished the year pretty competitive. It’s going to (hopefully) be a heavyweight, monumental game and an inflection point for one of the teams.

Nebraska's recruiting does fine because Big Red Nation buys lots of subscriptions to recruiting services and the recruiting services hype Nebraska recruiting to make their customers happy.

They had zero NFL draft picks this year, despite recruiting the #30, #26, and #23 classes in the nation in 2015, 2016, and 2017.

It’s pretty astonishing how inept Riley’s staff was.

To be fair, their rankings were inflated by a few fictitious players on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are mad the chair isn't a more important trophy.

With both programs in Year 0, would you rather be Minnesota or Nebraska?

Neb Fan here. The formula Scott is using is what he has learned at alot of his stops. Process the players that arent going to contribute to the betterment of the team. I saw a number out there a couple months ago that showed that in just over a year on the job he had flipped the roster to where there were over 100 new faces. (150 roster size) . That could be either a kid thats holding up a scholly and is not developing into a player that will ever see meaningful minutes. And of course for most programs serious character issues. The turnover will be like this every year and hes been pretty up front about it. The walk on program is being ramped up but he also cut about a quarter of the non contributors after spring ball. Also an overhaul of the lifting program. Riley was the worst thing to ever roll through Lincoln. I have never seen such a mismanagement of development in my life. The AD was afraid of getting sued so he decided to avoid anything that could cause lawsuits, Including pushing kids in the weightroom.

Last edited:

With both programs in Year 0, would you rather be Minnesota or Nebraska?[/QUOTEThe after spring practice poll, I see Neb is ranked 3rd. Mark my words, the Big Ten is going to get appreciably tougher with Frost and Hoilberg as head coaches. Way, way more dollars to spend to become successful than our beloved Gophers.

Top Bottom