I hate ALL THINGS posts

Doc1001

Reaction score
You have to dig in and go to where you left off last time and much of it you have to screen first. Much of it is old. And what do I see? Eight of the first ten threads on here are ALL THINGS threads. I know it condenses things- I see that-but when new news comes I like to see a new thread. I must be in the minority though. It causes me to read less threads by far.

Not sure if you use the feature already but if you click the blue circle with two downward arrows it takes you to new posts where you left off.

You have to dig in and go to where you left off last time and much of it you have to screen first. Much of it is old. And what do I see? Eight of the first ten threads on here are ALL THINGS threads. I know it condenses things- I see that-but when new news comes I like to see a new thread. I must be in the minority though. It causes me to read less threads by far.

I agree. I find that the All THINGS threads tend to go off on unrelated topics and include a lot of bickering between and among a limited number of people. And I never know when added material is worth the effort to read.

I'm definitely on the other side of this issue. You would really have preferred likely 100-200 unique Matthew Hurt threads? Do you think it is necessary to have 160 pick per day threads? Nobody is re-reading 100 pages of posts. It is easy to navigate to the last post with one click. I don't understand what the issue is? It seems like it would be more difficult to navigate 25-30 new threads every day if we started a new thread for every tweet, etc that pops up.

I agree. I find that the All THINGS threads tend to go off on unrelated topics and include a lot of bickering between and among a limited number of people. And I never know when added material is worth the effort to read.

That will never change. We will just have more threads that go off topic.

Let the hate flow through you young Skywalker......

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

So you think eliminating ALL THINGS threads will get rid of bickering?

This button should be everyone's best friend.

I'm not sure where the button is, but it's really easy to scroll to the bottom page and get caught up. If I can do it, anyone can. The All Things threads keep subject matter reasonably organized. As long as there are people discussing in person or on-line, there will be tangents. Eliminating the All Things threads won't get rid of that.

I tend to agree, and the lack of consistency is quite odd. We have numerous threads about 2019-20 schedules (tournaments, non-con, announced conference opponents, etc) which are super duplicative.

I'm not sure where the button is, but it's really easy to scroll to the bottom page and get caught up. If I can do it, anyone can. The All Things threads keep subject matter reasonably organized. As long as there are people discussing in person or on-line, there will be tangents. Eliminating the All Things threads won't get rid of that.

It's on the forum pages left of the thread title. Once you open a thread, you can also click "view first unread" at the top.

That's kind of the point. When there's breaking news of some sort, there used to be several active threads for the same topic and people would end up repeating themselves in each one and you would have to keep going back and forth between threads just to read about 1 topic. That was annoying. Any inconvenience with condensing threads is due to people not knowing that there is a button that automatically takes you to where you left off.

What does this have to do with condensing threads? People do that regardless. Why would condensing threads influence that at all?

Not sure if you use the feature already but if you click the blue circle with two downward arrows it takes you to new posts where you left off.

You just changed my life. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

If you use Tapatalk, just set it to open with the latest post. A quick look and you know.

After reading this message board for years and years, its seems like a lot of us HATE ALL THINGS... or more precisely, hate everything.

I've been on this board for 6 years and made more than 2,000 posts, and I didn't realize this feature existed. Thanks for educating me, Pharmacy!

Complainers will always find something to complain about. Congrats complainers.

Can we get an admin to rename this post to "All things about hating All Things Posts"?

I started this thread and know all about the last thing read button. But when something new breaks i want to see the headline and not find it at the bottom of a 200 reply thread.

I started this thread and know all about the last thing read button. But when something new breaks i want to see the headline and not find it at the bottom of a 200 reply thread.

Just curious....what would be an example of something breaking that would merit a new thread?

Any time we get a new commit, it is always on a new thread.
Any time a Minnesota kid commits to a different school, it is always on a new thread.
Each game has its own thread.
Almost every article that relates to the Gophers finds its way on its own thread.

Any time a kid gets a new offer, it falls in an ALL THINGS thread. If not, we would be on our 40th Jalen Suggs gets a new offer thread.
Any time we make an offer, it falls in an ALL THINGS thread. If not, we would be our 25th Minnesota makes a new offer thread (each year).
Any time Pitino makes a funny tweet, it falls in an ALL THINGS thread. If not, we would be our 100th Pitino tweet thread.

Seems like the right balance to me.

Last edited:

Complainers will always find something to complain about. Congrats complainers.

One doesn’t have to be a chronic complainer to object to All Things threads. I view myself as an occasional poster, as opposed to a frequent posted, and I think if you review my posts over time, you’ll find few, if any, that are negative. It’s clear that most people prefer the All Things format, and I respect that. Someone made the point that without that format, one would see a proliferation of threads, such as every time a recruit received a new offer. I wouldn’t see the value of starting a new thread for every new offer, and I doubt that anyone would do so unless the new offer was significant, in which case I would be happy to see a new thread. Sometimes the administrators are kind enough to amend a tread caption to disclose a new development, but this is infrequent. I’m aware of the double blue arrow feature, which is useful; but often, even using it, I find myself wading through a lot of meaningless, typically off-topic posts, and, frequently exchanges of personal insults, without finding anything of real interest. Posters need to exercise some discretion as to what is deserving of a new thread, but I would prefer to see a new one whenever there is something newsworthy. You don’t have to agree with me. That’s alright.

Top Bottom