New Truf View - Maroon Endzones

About 15 years ago I was going to file a patent on including fiber optic lights in artificial turf, but some firm beat me to it by about 3 months. Still think it'd be elite to have the MINNESOTA logo light up when we score a TD.

That would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s what the kids like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kids these days...don’t respect their elders, can’t have a conversation if it’s not through a smart phone, and don’t know how to kern right.

About 15 years ago I was going to file a patent on including fiber optic lights in artificial turf, but some firm beat me to it by about 3 months. Still think it'd be elite to have the MINNESOTA logo light up when we score a TD.

It would be cool if you could do motion and have Oars paddling during the games.

Sure sounds a lot simpler to just use lasers to light up what ever you want on the field instead of having to wire up all of those lights.

Sure sounds a lot simpler to just use lasers to light up what ever you want on the field instead of having to wire up all of those lights.

We tried that, players block the lasers and keep looking into them. It's not like the good old days anymore, people don't like players getting blinded randomly during games.

Heck the whole field and grid should be purely a function of the optics.

Put a sensor in the ball and show it on the field like the NHL pick Halo thing.... with live first down lines....

That was part of the patent. It also included the idea of every player wearing GPS sensors and after the play showing fans their route and speed, changing color as the player moved faster on the route. Also could be used in training -- such as players learning routes, marching band formations, etc. And, yep, to pay for the install the field could also become a giant billboard advertising something to fans.

That was part of the patent. It also included the idea of every player wearing GPS sensors and after the play showing fans their route and speed, changing color as the player moved faster on the route. Also could be used in training -- such as players learning routes, marching band formations, etc. And, yep, to pay for the install the field could also become a giant billboard advertising something to fans.

And then the lines could be shifted ever so slightly for 4th and shorts... :)

Some teams could save a lot of money if they ran the first down lines...

gDPOmqq.gif

How about a hologram of one of the Gophers defensive players? Then if an offensive player for the other team gets into the open you just release the hologram and the guy falls down trying to avoid him.

We tried that, players block the lasers and keep looking into them. It's not like the good old days anymore, people don't like players getting blinded randomly during games.

Just use Gobos with moving heads.

Kids these days...don’t respect their elders, can’t have a conversation if it’s not through a smart phone, and don’t know how to kern right.

Got that right.

Lessons to the student athlete that got a scholarship at the school that he wanted to attend
(1) I hope he or she picked the school that would give him/her a great education in the field of study they chose,
(2) I hope the students chose a degree that they can use once they graduate collage,
(3) They should not worry about a Vitoria’s Secrete panties contract for the team to match their outer wear.
(4) While its glitz and glamor are nice it can’t replace the drive to overcome, respect& the winning you should drive fore.

If glitz is the reason, they want to play for a team instead of an education a winning, you shouldn’t give them a scholarship!
GSUsTALON

Top Bottom