New Truf View - Maroon Endzones

One Endzone has Minnesota

Wednesday update...

field-may01-1.jpg
field-may01-2.jpg

I looked at you gi-gan-toe big screen in your end zone. Massive for a 50,000-seat stadium I'd rather have 4 medium screens located around the stadium so all have a good view.

Here is the problem. Why don't all of you Gopher fans buy an 80 inch + screen TV for your home. The distance you sit from your big screen will make the images much larger than the one that you see at your stadium. In the winter invite your friends over, open your windows and pretend you're at your stadium. If you’re going to watch your big screen instead of watching the actual game on the field than just buy an 80-100-inch TV with surround sound.

Last edited:

Hey GSUsTALON - how is Calvin Wishart looking on your Bball team? He was my favorite in high school. Will he be a starter next year?

Looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont remember the Gophers playing Georgia Southern in 2019.

Did you play Georgia State? please give me the score.

Obviously, we don’t mix it up with GSU very often.

On 12/09/2016: Gophers 86 - Georgia Southern 49.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you spread it out too far it looks like:

I O A W

View attachment 6126

I know those feels, do web development.

We want it to do X

You don't have enough letters and your font doesn't do that...

Granted Minnesota could just fill that space with emojis �� �� �� �� �������������������� .

I do that for customers... then they usually say Ok the other way was fine.

I looked at you gi-gan-toe big screen in your end zone. Massive for a 50,000-seat stadium I'd rather have 4 medium screens located around the stadium so all have a good view.

Here is the problem. Why don't all of you Gopher fans buy an 80 inch + screen TV for your home. The distance you sit from your big screen will make the images much larger than the one that you see at your stadium. In the winter invite your friends over, open your windows and pretend you're at your stadium. If you’re going to watch your big screen instead of watching the actual game on the field than just buy an 80-100-inch TV with surround sound.

Nice try! We will be there and we will be loud!!! Hopefully loud enough for your QB to burn a time out.;) I think we need to make sure that the fans on the visitors side are well oiled!:D

Expect us to let our inner John Randle out...

Nice try! We will be there and we will be loud!!! Hopefully loud enough for your QB to burn a time out.;) I think we need to make sure that the fans on the visitors side are well oiled!:D

Expect us to let our inner John Randle out...

NSFW due to language

Last edited:

Yeah - I wondered the same thing - why such a narrow font?

Generally your branding has a limited set of type faces, usage, etc. It might not fit every box with a specific aspect ratio.

You could have a bazillion different fonts and layouts but then you're not so much branding anymore.

Almost looks like the start/end of the text might line up with the numbers on the field. I wonder if it isn't some type of visual aid to the receivers, a peripheral vision type deal, letting them know roughly how much room they have until they hit the sidelines???

Almost looks like the start/end of the text might line up with the numbers on the field. I wonder if it isn't some type of visual aid to the receivers, a peripheral vision type deal, letting them know roughly how much room they have until they hit the sidelines???

We should totally install fiber optic grass ... move the logo when the other team is down there...

It looks like Arial Bold Narrow or something like that. I’m a design pro who works for a company that uses a condensed/narrow typeface by default and it’s magnificent to work with.

Generally your branding has a limited set of type faces, usage, etc. It might not fit every box with a specific aspect ratio.

You could have a bazillion different fonts and layouts but then you're not so much branding anymore.

Like 50 different shades of maroon?

Ok, so that is why they use the Michigan font!

Ok, so that is why they use the Michigan font!

College brands are weird, there is a lot of crossover in weird places.

Some logos are straight up... that other guy's logo... but with a nub on one letter or an outline.

I like the lettering in the endzone - matches one of my sweatshirts.

Taken from an angle from inside the tunnel - the edge of the letters lines up just inside the bottom of the numbers.

field-may02-5.jpg

That's a lot of empty space between the letters and the sides of the endzone...

Looks close to the same as opening night against AF to me... The picture angle might be exaggerating it somewhat.

Thursday update

Turf is complete. They are now starting to lay down the layer of sand before they start with the rubber. Stadium manager says install company is hoping to have everything done by Saturday.

field-may02-1.jpgfield-may02-2.jpgfield-may02-3.jpgfield-may02-4.jpg

We should totally install fiber optic grass ... move the logo when the other team is down there...

About 15 years ago I was going to file a patent on including fiber optic lights in artificial turf, but some firm beat me to it by about 3 months. Still think it'd be elite to have the MINNESOTA logo light up when we score a TD.

About 15 years ago I was going to file a patent on including fiber optic lights in artificial turf, but some firm beat me to it by about 3 months. Still think it'd be elite to have the MINNESOTA logo light up when we score a TD.

Heck the whole field and grid should be purely a function of the optics.

Put a sensor in the ball and show it on the field like the NHL pick Halo thing.... with live first down lines....

Top Bottom