PJ Fleck Interview new - Sunday 4-28-19

What if I could prove he has misled people on topics such as pay, Senior count, and scholarship player numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was part of courtroom testimony or a affidavit, I'll admit it.

Since when is stating an absolute falsehood meant to deceive considered coach speak? It is, per Webster, a flat out lie. I was bashed after the BTN broadcast for not understanding it was simply Coyle misspeaking. What a joke. Apologies are being accepted.

Purdue was the turn around. That was the start of Rossi. We only lost to NW, and it was a close game, from that point on.

I have no idea why they can’t count. Yes, the correct fact is three of the last four (incl GT bowl game). But the point they were trying to make was clear: from Rossi on.

Purdue was the turn around. That was the start of Rossi. We only lost to NW, and it was a close game, from that point on.

I have no idea why they can’t count. Yes, the correct fact is three of the last four (incl GT bowl game). But the point they were trying to make was clear: from Rossi on.

It was only a 13 game season, how confused can they be?

Coachspeak includes saying a lot but nothing at all,and/or socially smoothing behavior, ie a lot of gratuitious compliments that aren’t even close to how they really feel - meant to avoid controversy, promote sportsmanship; socially acceptable ways of being a gracious and good winner and avoidance of being a sore loser. It’s not misstating number of wins, etc unless I missed something and I’ve been around awhile. Did Bud Grant ever say he won games he didn’t?

Not sure. I will go back and try and find every Bud Grant interview out on the internet and get back to you. I doubt that he did though, because we all know that he never, ever made any mistakes, except for coming back to coach the Vikings in '85.

Not sure. I will go back and try and find every Bud Grant interview out on the internet and get back to you. I doubt that he did though, because we all know that he <b>never, ever made any mistakes, </b>except for coming back to coach the Vikings in '85.

So do you think it was coach speak or a mistake? How about when Coyle said the exact same thing a few weeks ago? Mistake then too?

Look, I get that many people have decided they don’t care if these two continue to mislead and intentionally deceive the public with false statements. Whether it is the # of scholarship seniors, major pay cuts, games won/lost, recruiting rankings, etc. - “as long as they are promoting Gopher Football why care” I have been asked. I don’t agree, but can clearly hear it is the case for many.

However, can we all stop pretending these are all innocent mistakes with no intent to embellish or mislead? How much more proof and how many more example are needed?

However, can we all stop pretending these are all innocent mistakes with no intent to embellish or mislead? How much more proof and how many more example are needed?

“Momma said it was just a little ol white lie, so it won’t hurt nobody.” - Forrest Gump

So do you think it was coach speak or a mistake? How about when Coyle said the exact same thing a few weeks ago? Mistake then too?

Look, I get that many people have decided they don’t care if these two continue to mislead and intentionally deceive the public with false statements. Whether it is the # of scholarship seniors, major pay cuts, games won/lost, recruiting rankings, etc. - “as long as they are promoting Gopher Football why care” I have been asked. I don’t agree, but can clearly hear it is the case for many.

I will check into this as well. But first I have to search and read all Bud Grant interviews. Do libraries still use microfiche? This may take a while.

Coachspeak includes saying a lot but nothing at all,and/or socially smoothing behavior, ie a lot of gratuitious compliments that aren’t even close to how they really feel - meant to avoid controversy, promote sportsmanship; socially acceptable ways of being a gracious and good winner and avoidance of being a sore loser. It’s not misstating number of wins, etc unless I missed something and I’ve been around awhile. Did Bud Grant ever say he won games he didn’t?

When you talk/ promote as much as P.J. Fleck does, you are bound to misspeak a time or three. I wouldn't put too much stock into this one. Now if he continues to do it...?

I think he made a mistake, and talked over it. Kind of like people you've run accross that just want to get the story/ statement out.

When you talk/ promote as much as P.J. Fleck does, you are bound to misspeak a time or three. I wouldn't put too much stock into this one. Now if he continues to do it...?

I had a close friend that had the same pattern - it’s not unintentional as it is pretty common whenever numbers or percentages enter the discussion. I dislike it because I truly despise having to endure sales pitches in my professional and private life (and sometimes I choose not to endure it with probably entertaining results). It’s fair to say it makes my skin crawl. I don’t like politicians either although I understand they have to kow tow to their oftentimes unhinged and active primary voters. It is what it is. Not the case in college football.

I will check into this as well. But first I have to search and read all Bud Grant interviews. Do libraries still use microfiche? This may take a while.

Thanks for checking this out, but I’ll save you some time and suggest he probably never said such things.

I had a close friend that had the same pattern - it’s not unintentional as it is pretty common whenever numbers or percentages enter the discussion. I dislike it because I truly despise having to endure sales pitches in my professional and private life (and sometimes I choose not to endure it with probably entertaining results). It’s fair to say it makes my skin crawl. I don’t like politicians either although I understand they have to kow tow to their oftentimes unhinged and active primary voters. It is what it is. Not the case in college football.

I think you represent the median average quite well. I didn't highlight the political portion, because I think we are all trying to decipher what is real and what is Political Trolls/ bots and their "victims".

Pompous Elitist, what a great sports board name!

This is not your average or meaningless sales pitches - After The Gophers lose a close game to Georgia Southern in 2019 your team will want revenge against a G5 team. Sadly it will have to be at GSU's Paulson Stadium. I think your AD should contact GSU's AD right after the game. I'm sure we could work you in. Maybe say 2023 or 24. I'm sure I could find some pre-moe seats for you, STP and about 3 others.

Pompous Elitist, what a great sports board name!

This is not your average or meaningless sales pitches - After The Gophers lose a close game to Georgia Southern in 2019 your team will want revenge against a G5 team. Sadly it will have to be at GSU's Paulson Stadium. <b>I think your AD should contact GSU's AD right after the game. </b>I'm sure we could work you in. Maybe say 2023 or 24. I'm sure I could find some pre-moe seats for you, STP and about 3 others.

Not sure your AD could follow what our AD is saying. He communicates about as well as a salamander.

Not sure your AD could follow what our AD is saying. He communicates about as well as a salamander.

Im sure our 2 ADs could come up with something. salamander to salamander.

I agree. Problem being is that the guy from Georgia is like a disease. He lives a very boring life.

Is this the first time I've heard from you #2? So what made you decide to come out of your gopher hole and be a nasty boy?

Is this the first time I've heard from you #2? So what made you decide to come out of your gopher hole and be a nasty boy?

You literally don't make any sense. Make sure your mommy tucks you in tonight little boy.

Last edited:

Georgia Southern is a jumped-up FCS program, like most of the Sun Belt teams.

Georgia Southern is a jumped-up FCS program, like most of the Sun Belt teams.

Looking at Minnesota's W/L since 1986 that may be a bold statement just like in 2011 against a team from the Great White North. Ahh Hoser! :D

Top Bottom