Shooter: After Oct. 15, Gophers may elect to “utilize” the north sideline of sideline

If I remember correctly, the architect proposed it that way to get a great view of the downtown skyline. Only reason that I know of.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That's what I remember, too, although I thought I read that Bruinicks (was he the president, then?) suggested it.

That's what I remember, too, although I thought I read that Bruinicks (was he the president, then?) suggested it.
Could be.... either way, it's an unusual alignment as most stadiums are N/S.

I sit on the home side and get to freeze for a game or two each year. I say...if it benefits the players to be on the sunny side of the field...then by all means.

Does any P5 school change sidelines?

I'm pretty sure Northwestern does. That's just off the top of my head.

It would make sense that it would be a northern school that would do it. It would also make sense if it was a school that has a mostly east-west oriented stadium.

If I remember correctly, the architect proposed it that way to get a great view of the downtown skyline. Only reason that I know of.

That is correct. Also why Target Field is oriented the way it is.

We would have beat Northwestern if we had the warm sideline in that game.

Our guys looked cold.

Northwestern didn't need to wear jackets.

If we had won that, we would have won our last 5 or 6 or something like that.

We would have beat Northwestern if we had the warm sideline in that game.

Our guys looked cold.

Northwestern didn't need to wear jackets.

If we had won that, we would have won our last 5 or 6 or something like that.

Guess I'm not ready to claim we would have won the game if we had switched (too many other factors to know for sure), but I do agree we should take every advantage we can.

Top Bottom