Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1

    Default Shooter: After Oct. 15, Gophers may elect to “utilize” the north sideline of sideline

    per Shooter:

    By the way, the university says that after Oct. 15, the Gophers may elect to “utilize” the north sideline of the stadium for games against Maryland, Penn State and Wisconsin if those games are scheduled during the day rather than evening.

    https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/2...ings-numbered/

    Go Gophers!!


  2. #2

    Default

    Would be wise choice.

    Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    11,529

    Default

    There are going to be some angrily-worded letters from STHs

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    There are going to be some angrily-worded letters from STHs
    Not from this STH.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Anoka County via the Iron Range
    Posts
    2,172
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    There are going to be some angrily-worded letters from STHs
    A good fan will understand that it is wise to do what is best for the team and gives them the best chance to win.
    Gopher football backer since '62.
    Current GopherHole walk on.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    There are going to be some angrily-worded letters from STHs
    Then those people need to get a life. If it’s a sunny day the difference in temp is 10-15 degrees. It’s s big difference and the STHs in the shady side should care more about what’s best for the team.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maple Grove
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    There are going to be some angrily-worded letters from STHs
    They shouldn't. was in our ticket renewal

    New for 2019
    Starting with the 2019 season, the Gopher football team may elect to utilize the north sideline for games after Oct. 15th

    With a link to additional info


    Starting with the 2019 season, the Gopher football team may elect to utilize the north sideline for games after Oct. 15th. What this means:

    For the 2019 season, this could impact three games as Minnesota hosts Maryland (Oct. 26), Penn State (Nov. 9) and Wisconsin (Nov. 30)
    A potential sideline change would only occur for games scheduled to take place during the day, night games will not be affected.
    Minnesota will announce which sideline the team will use for these games either one week prior to the game or when kickoff time is finalized (if determined later than one week prior to the game).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New River, AZ
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pharmacygopher View Post
    They shouldn't. was in our ticket renewal

    New for 2019
    Starting with the 2019 season, the Gopher football team may elect to utilize the north sideline for games after Oct. 15th

    With a link to additional info


    Starting with the 2019 season, the Gopher football team may elect to utilize the north sideline for games after Oct. 15th. What this means:

    For the 2019 season, this could impact three games as Minnesota hosts Maryland (Oct. 26), Penn State (Nov. 9) and Wisconsin (Nov. 30)
    A potential sideline change would only occur for games scheduled to take place during the day, night games will not be affected.
    Minnesota will announce which sideline the team will use for these games either one week prior to the game or when kickoff time is finalized (if determined later than one week prior to the game).
    And really, what difference does it make? You get to see the back of the home players jumping up and down or the front of them? Want the same view as TV? Like to see the home team's injured players? I don't get it.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maple Grove
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    And really, what difference does it make? You get to see the back of the home players jumping up and down or the front of them? Want the same view as TV? Like to see the home team's injured players? I don't get it.
    I mean I get it. I'd rather be 5 yards from the Gopher bench than 50. Not sure if it's the same on the current home side but I usually have a fair amount of visiting fans by me (could be an overall attendance issue though). But the benefits of the sunny side still prevail for me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Central Minnesota
    Posts
    123

    Default

    It's embarrassing sitting on the sunny side and looking at the thousands of empty seats behind the Gopher's bench.

  11. #11

    Default STH should know about the change

    Quote Originally Posted by pharmacygopher View Post
    They shouldn't. was in our ticket renewal

    New for 2019
    Starting with the 2019 season, the Gopher football team may elect to utilize the north sideline for games after Oct. 15th

    With a link to additional info


    Starting with the 2019 season, the Gopher football team may elect to utilize the north sideline for games after Oct. 15th. What this means:

    For the 2019 season, this could impact three games as Minnesota hosts Maryland (Oct. 26), Penn State (Nov. 9) and Wisconsin (Nov. 30)
    A potential sideline change would only occur for games scheduled to take place during the day, night games will not be affected.
    Minnesota will announce which sideline the team will use for these games either one week prior to the game or when kickoff time is finalized (if determined later than one week prior to the game).
    And how many folks actually carefully read the information the U of M sends them?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Coon Rapids
    Posts
    2,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fanfromthevalley View Post
    And how many folks actually carefully read the information the U of M sends them?
    Most of us. I am a season ticket holder spending thousands of dollars.

    Only an idiot doesn't read it then bitches about things like this.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  13. #13

    Default

    Why would a season ticket holder care which side the kids and staff stand on during a game? Isn't having best seats and being near people with common interest the important thing? Someone with season tickets please enlighten me.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,357
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    There are going to be some angrily-worded letters from STHs
    maybe that's why Coyle seems to be hell-bent on getting rid of STHs?
    If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

    People are renewing. - Mark Coyle

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Beaver Lodge in Lake Gopher
    Posts
    4,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Why would a season ticket holder care which side the kids and staff stand on during a game? Isn't having best seats and being near people with common interest the important thing? Someone with season tickets please enlighten me.
    We are on the home side and I like watching the interaction of the players and coaches. I can also see what is going on with injured players.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •