Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shooter: Chicago Bulls are interested in Amir Coffey

per Shooter:

The Chicago Bulls are said to be interested in incoming Gophers senior Amir Coffey, who has declared early for June’s NBA draft but has until May 29 to withdraw.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/2...ings-numbered/

Go Gophers!!

It would have to be with their 2nd rounder, I suppose. Bulls are likely to pick somewhere 1-6 and have no more 1st rounders. We're hoping for Zion here in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    It would have to be with their 2nd rounder, I suppose. Bulls are likely to pick somewhere 1-6 and have no more 1st rounders. We're hoping for Zion here in Chicago.
    Guessing they'll pick early in the second. Probably as an UDFA. I'd be worried if teams picking 50 and on were interested.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Boooo.

Has shooter ever been right about anything?

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    I rather have Zion land with the Bulls than NY or LA. However, the ghost of Patrick Ewing and the "rigged" Lottery conspiracy all but assure he'll be a Knick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Is this Moron #1? Put Moron #2 on the phone."

If the Bulls want him then I advise him to come back to the Gophers. Bulls/Wolves = dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    If the Bulls want him then I advise him to come back to the Gophers. Bulls/Wolves = dumpster fire.
    Seconded

Has he even received his combine invite yet. About 44 are out now and i have not seen his.

Last year the Bulls guaranteed the BSU junior they would pick him with their 20+ pick. I don't know the rules but could they guarantee Coffey with their second round pick so he stays in the draft?

The only team I would be worried about is wolves and Ryan Saunders since he attended the U and since most 2nd rounders are throw away picks he could just make the coffeys feel good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gopherhoopsguy View Post
    The only team I would be worried about is wolves and Ryan Saunders since he attended the U and since most 2nd rounders are throw away picks he could just make the coffeys feel good.
    He's a junior! He's not looking to get a favor right now. I would think if someone's interested and thinks he can make a team is one thing, but just drafting him for a favor blows his eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by gopherall View Post
    Last year the Bulls guaranteed the BSU junior they would pick him with their 20+ pick. I don't know the rules but could they guarantee Coffey with their second round pick so he stays in the draft?
    There are no rules against it. There are also no rules stopping them from not following through on that guarantee, though the team/GM would burn some bridges if they didn't.

A team might also promise him a two-way deal if he goes undrafted, and IMO Amir would take that.

Why would the bulls want another tall and long guy who thinks he can play point but probably isn't good enough to?

Blog Entries

Glad he is interacting with the NBA. I would like them to tell him what he needs to work on and improve to be a high draft prospect next year. It will make him better for us this coming year.
    Kingdom Warriors