Beat a team that finished in Top 25 for first time this century

Spoofin clearly doesn’t know what a lie is. Dpo and Spoofin are like a couple of two year olds. They come in and ruin any thread they can. Grow up, both of you.

Spoofin clearly doesn’t know what a lie is. Dpo and Spoofin are like a couple of two year olds. They come in and ruin any thread they can. Grow up, both of you.

Is saying we won 4 of our last 5 games last year true or a lie? Asking because I clearly don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coyle’s fibs are sort of like a cheating spouse saying they’re “in the process of divorce” although the other spouse is totally unaware. Said to make something sound better than it really is.

The “top 25” classes are not really top 25. A class ranking is completely worthless until all the NLIs are signed in Feb and even then numbers could shift. Who cares what the 2020 or 2021 classes are ranked? Coyle and PJ.

I’ll give the benefit of the doubt on the 4 out of 5 thing because he’s a busy guy and probably forgot, and oh, 3 out of 5 doesn’t sound as good.

When we have two “marketing” guys in charge we shouldn’t be surprised by all this but I don’t think we’ll stop making fun of it. It’s stupid.

When we have two “marketing” guys in charge we shouldn’t be surprised by all this but I don’t think we’ll stop making fun of it. It’s stupid.

I would even be willing to cut PJ some slack when he's spitballing info to the press in an off-the-cuff interview. Plus he's the head football coach - he should be worried about things other than being the football team's marketing department.

Coyle on the other hand, has no excuse. He's either sloppy with numbers, likes twisting the truth, or is telling outright lies. Hard to say which of the 3 is true for him, but none of them are good qualities to have in our athletic director.

This team is moving in the right direction. Clearly. The complaints thrown out in this thread aren’t denying that - they are in response to a growing trend with this team to make overstated and sometimes false claims in their marketing efforts. Why? Things are going good.

Although I doubt he had anything to do with this specific picture (?), it is Coyle 101. Overstate, Embellish, Mislead, Lie, Etc. with facts and data to make it sound better than reality and assume the audience is too dumb or apathetic to know better or care. It bothers me that this is what our FB team has become now. Already discussed on here.

I know, many folks here weren’t concerned with Coyle stating False Statements about wins and Nonsense about recruiting rankings on National TV, so I don’t expect them to care about this picture. I submit that you should. BTW - Coyle changed both of those previous statements when on ‘CCO a week later so obviously someone else talking to him agreed with me (or he reads my GH posts and takes them to heart).

why does it bother you so much? it almost seems like you feel it is your burden to correct all these things. why not just let it go?

why does it bother you so much? it almost seems like you feel it is your burden to correct all these things. why not just let it go?

Why? In short - as an Alum it embarrasses me the way we choose to “market”. Dishonesty and deception are not characteristics I appreciate from our athletic department. I was told yesterday on here that as long as they are promoting the U I shouldn’t care. I couldn’t disagree more.

My burden? No. I’m not really interested in ignoring it either.

Is saying we won 4 of our last 5 games last year true or a lie? Asking because I clearly don’t know.

There’s a difference between being wrong and intentionally telling a lie. He probably just misspoke when saying 4 out of 5 rather than 3 of 4. But you assume the absolute worst about Coyle.

There’s a difference between being wrong and intentionally telling a lie. He probably just misspoke when saying 4 out of 5 rather than 3 of 4. But you assume the absolute worst about Coyle.

Sure. I’ve pointed out a few lies now and they have all been washed away with some caveat. Just a mistake. He probably feels bad about it.

Yes, I assume the worst of Coyle. He has earned it.

Why? In short - as an Alum it embarrasses me the way we choose to “market”. Dishonesty and deception are not characteristics I appreciate from our athletic department. I was told yesterday on here that as long as they are promoting the U I shouldn’t care. I couldn’t disagree more.

My burden? No. I’m not really interested in ignoring it either.

��

btw, i don’t think your posts are pointless and i think you are an intelligent guy/person and i enjoy most of what you post, even in the fleck arguments. there are people whose quixotic posting i usually ignore because it is tiring, but—even though you never let it go—i think you are relatively fair.

and this advice could go for both sides of the flack argument (or any internet argument), but sometimes it is easier to just let it go.

My last post to you. Your efforts are weak and transparent. You simply can’t comprehend what you don’t want to see.

Not the top back-to-back or top 25 recruiting. That was deception, not lies. The 4 of 5 —- that was a Lie.

Most of what he said in the TC firing presser was a lie - including that he did it because of attendance. Otherwise, PJ should be worried. Yes, I know TC didn’t agree with the suspensions as claimed. How? TC said so and doesn’t have a history of being a snake.

Top 25 recruiting and ticket prices. Yes, not a lie. Just intentional deception. I’ll give you he prefers deception to lies - but not exclusively. You have already told us all that deceiving doesn’t bother you as long as he is deceiving to promote the U. Kudos for that. Your parents would be proud.

My god...talk about sucking the absolute life and joy out of Gopher football talk. Do you not get enough attention in your regular life?

My god...talk about sucking the absolute life and joy out of Gopher football talk. Do you not get enough attention in your regular life?

Life and joy requires mistruths and half truths? Assuming you’re not talking about one’s wife, coworkers, and boss’s looks, capabilities, and scent.

Reminds me of politics, where, as long as his intentions were good, Stalin wasn't that bad of a guy. Also, the current politician I support has feels and wants nice things to happen, therefore policies and facts don't matter.

Speaking of facts; do we need to have an asterisk system for lies? I think Coyle was only 2-2* on lies in that press release.

LIES:
a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture:
an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.

I view Coyle as more of a politician! Now, find me a politician who hasn't had the intent to deceive?

LIES:
a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
<b>something intended or serving to convey a false impression</b>; imposture:
an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.

Thanks for looking up these official definitions. I clearly had no clue what a lie was. I suspect DPO is appreciative as well.

The middle one (bolded) has me thinking again about the “we have top 25 recruiting classes” statement. A ranking 10-months before signing day is as important as who is leading a golf tournament after 7-holes. With that in mind, I don’t think it is a stretch to say that statement was “intended to convey a false impression” about our recruiting level. Maybe I was wrong when I said that was just deceiving and not a lie. Interesting.

At some point the trend becomes so consistent, you lose the pass that he "misspoke", although, one could argue, that Mr. Coyle's body of work as the Athletic Director at Minnesota suggests that every time he opens his mouth, his misspeaks.

At some point the trend becomes so consistent, you lose the pass that he "misspoke", although, one could argue, that Mr. Coyle's body of work as the Athletic Director at Minnesota suggests that every time he opens his mouth, his misspeaks.

Sorry, I just got back from the transfer portal. Regarding your tagline, I thought Kaler was gone? My bad.

That’s a great tweet! Great job Kenni Burns!

Sorry, I just got back from the transfer portal. Regarding your tagline, I thought Kaler was gone? My bad.

He isn’t gone, yet and when he steps down as president, he’ll still be employed. And he still has not been held accountable for his role in the mess and for doing nothing to change the culture at the U.

He isn’t gone, yet and when he steps down as president, he’ll still be employed. And he still has not been held accountable for his role in the mess and for doing nothing to change the culture at the U.

The culture is changing for the better, and Kaler and Coyle deserve a ton of credit for that. Claeys deserved to be fired, and will never be a head coach again. Get over it.

The culture is changing for the better, and Kaler and Coyle deserve a ton of credit for that. Claeys deserved to be fired, and will never be a head coach again. Get over it.

I always get a kick how some think they know how things would be if Claeys was still here or that he will never be a head coach again. You may be right, but the fact is we don't have any idea how things would be today if Claeys were still coach, that being said, I am happy with the direction with the current program.

Dennis Dodd from CBS sports has 5 B1G West teams in his post spring football top 25. We could see a number of top 25 teams this year.

Dennis Dodd from CBS sports has 5 B1G West teams in his post spring football top 25. We could see a number of top 25 teams this year.

Claeys gets a mention too for the #21 Washington State team.

I think this season is going to be a blast!

I always get a kick how some think they know how things would be if Claeys was still here or that he will never be a head coach again. You may be right, but the fact is we don't have any idea how things would be today if Claeys were still coach, that being said, I am happy with the direction with the current program.

if you didn't know Claeys defense was great last season at WSU. I'm not a big fan of his but I have to admit his ability to call a defense is unreal. It may even be good enough to land him another HC job somewhere down the line.

Um, excuse me - did we NOT win the Spring Game???? That's 4 of 5 baby!!!!! :)

This stat should not have been included lol

Top Bottom