Beat a team that finished in Top 25 for first time this century

Wow. We've had some pretty good things happen in the last year or so as to improvements. People certainty jump at the opportunity to get negative. True positive Gopher fans on this thread?

This team is moving in the right direction. Clearly. The complaints thrown out in this thread aren’t denying that - they are in response to a growing trend with this team to make overstated and sometimes false claims in their marketing efforts. Why? Things are going good.

Although I doubt he had anything to do with this specific picture (?), it is Coyle 101. Overstate, Embellish, Mislead, Lie, Etc. with facts and data to make it sound better than reality and assume the audience is too dumb or apathetic to know better or care. It bothers me that this is what our FB team has become now. Already discussed on here.

I know, many folks here weren’t concerned with Coyle stating False Statements about wins and Nonsense about recruiting rankings on National TV, so I don’t expect them to care about this picture. I submit that you should. BTW - Coyle changed both of those previous statements when on ‘CCO a week later so obviously someone else talking to him agreed with me (or he reads my GH posts and takes them to heart).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This team is moving in the right direction. Clearly. The complaints thrown out in this thread aren’t denying that - they are in response to a growing trend with this team to make overstated and sometimes false claims in their marketing efforts. Why? Things are going good.

Although I doubt he had anything to do with this specific picture (?), it is Coyle 101. Overstate, Embellish, Mislead, Lie, Etc. with facts and data to make it sound better than reality and assume the audience is too dumb or apathetic to know better or care. It bothers me that this is what our FB team has become now. Already discussed on here.

I know, many folks here weren’t concerned with Coyle stating False Statements about wins and Nonsense about recruiting rankings on National TV, so I don’t expect them to care about this picture. I submit that you should. BTW - Coyle changed both of those previous statements when on ‘CCO a week later so obviously someone else talking to him agreed with me (or he reads my GH posts and takes them to heart).

Swingman does the exact same thing on here, yet you eat it up. The hypocrisy continues.

Swingman on GH.
Our AD and team publicly.
Good comparison.

It's not a comparison, just an observation of how you react. You love and defend the misleadings and over embellishments of one, then constantly complain about the other.

No one was even talking about Coyle in this thread until you went on your little tantrum. I'm still waiting for you to come up with 10 wins better than Fresno St this century.

Swingman does the exact same thing on here, yet you eat it up. The hypocrisy continues.

Not only is there an enormous incongruity between a Big Ten athletic department and a random anonymous poster on GH (as has already been pointed out), but that Big Ten athletic department puts out marketing pieces and statements with blatant lies and falsehoods. I dare you to find anything swingman has posted with an outright lie.

It's not a comparison, just an observation of how you react. You love and defend the misleadings and over embellishments of one, then constantly complain about the other.

No one was even talking about Coyle in this thread until you went on your little tantrum. I'm still waiting for you to come up with 10 wins better than Fresno St this century.

1. It was a comparison in every definition of the word. You are transparent as always.

2. The Coyle tie-in was stated, explained, and quite relevant. My post focused on the picture being discussed in this thread. Typical misdirect from GWG.

3. I doubt I would consider a win against a G5 team as one of the top 20 in the past 18-years. However, I never debated your response - that is just my opinion. I asked you a question and I accepted your answer as your opinion. Just because you want to debate it and so have now challenged me twice to prove you wrong doesn’t mean I have an interest in doing so on this topic. I simply don’t care enough. Are you now complaining that I won’t debate you?

Not only is there an enormous incongruity between a Big Ten athletic department and a random anonymous poster on GH (as has already been pointed out), but that Big Ten athletic department puts out marketing pieces and statements with blatant lies and falsehoods. I dare you to find anything swingman has posted with an outright lie.

04-19-2019, 11:48 PM
swingman

Gophs 2nd in Big Ten for fewest lost starters from 2018
Illinois 6
Sparty 6
Minnesota 7
Indiana 9
Michigan 9
Ohio State 9
Nebraska 9
Penn State 11
Rutgers 12
Northwestern 12
Purdue 12
Wisconsin 12
Iowa 13
Maryland 14

https://bigten.org/documents/2019/4/...us.pdf?id=6425

1. It was a comparison in every definition of the word. You are transparent as always.

2. The Coyle tie-in was stated, explained, and quite relevant. My post focused on the picture being discussed in this thread. Typical misdirect from GWG.

3. I doubt I would consider a win against a G5 team as one of the top 20 in the past 18-years. However, I never debated your response - that is just my opinion. I asked you a question and I accepted your answer as your opinion. Just because you want to debate it and so have now challenged me twice to prove you wrong doesn’t mean I have an interest in doing so on this topic. I simply don’t care enough. Are you now complaining that I won’t debate you?

Got it. You're a hypocrite who continues to be the most frequent poster that offers absolutely nothing to this forum. Have a nice day.

swingman

Illinois 6
Sparty 6
Minnesota 7
Indiana 9
Michigan 9
Ohio State 9
Nebraska 9
Penn State 11
Rutgers 12
Northwestern 12
Purdue 12
Wisconsin 12
Iowa 13
Maryland 14

Great, thanks! Now I expect that you will maintain the same level of accountability for a $120M+ athletics department that you do for an anonymous internet poster.

Things are looking good! Can't wait to see if the momentum continues.

swingman

Illinois 6
Sparty 6
Minnesota 7
Indiana 9
Michigan 9
Ohio State 9
Nebraska 9
Penn State 11
Rutgers 12
Northwestern 12
Purdue 12
Wisconsin 12
Iowa 13
Maryland 14

I've been called a "troll" for calling out swingman (or some other swinging body part) by some of those posting directly above. As we are finding among our religious brethren, you can hate sin and love Trump. Why should Spoofin, swimgman, and DPO not get the same hypocritical pass?

I've been called a "troll" for calling out swingman (or some other swinging body part) by some of those posting directly above. As we are finding among our religious brethren, you can hate sin and love Trump. Why should Spoofin, swimgman, and DPO not get the same hypocritical pass?

Dpo likes to bluster on even though he's probably wrong more than anyone else on this board. He dared anyone to find a swingman lie, and it took me about 30 seconds. Then he immediately changes the topic and demands that we hold Coyle accountable for his lie.

Troll!

As I gather, I am a hypocrite for holding our Athletic Department and the Director of that department to a different standard in how they promote the University and our Football team to the public than I do an anonymous internet poster on GH?

What are the folks that hold that internet poster to a higher standard than our Athletic Department and Director of that Department to?

I wonder if some people on this forum get pissed of at Lion's Tap for calling their hamburgers "World Famous".

I mean, you know that isn't true.
They make a good burger. Why can't they leave it at that?

Top 10? Yes. If you disagree, name 10 that are better. The only ones that are better are likely rivalry games vs Iowa, Wisconsin, or vs Nebraska. There's also OSU in 2000, but those were all mediocre teams we beat. 2018 Fresno St could have beaten any of them.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

I guess you believe UCF we’re national champs last year, too..

Fresno state was a good team. It was a good win. Too 3 non-conference wins this century.

Top 10 victories this century? No.

The Purdue win was a better win this year than Fresno State. Fresno State was probably the third best win this past year.

It was a good win. Trying to make it a landmark, ground betraying win only highlights where the program has been and the desperation that some have to prove Fleck invented football.

Good win. Good Fresno team. They wouldn’t have been above .500 in the big ten this past season.

Last edited:

I wonder if some people on this forum get pissed of at Lion's Tap for calling their hamburgers "World Famous".

I mean, you know that isn't true.
They make a good burger. Why can't they leave it at that?

FtF - thanks for being brave enough to hold Lions Tap to a higher standard.

FtF - thanks for being brave enough to hold Lions Tap to a higher standard.

Keep digging JG. We get it now. You and GWG have both made it clear that you don’t care if our AD lies and deceives as long as it is in an effort to promote the team. Not really something you would want printed in your obituary or your friends and family to know, but still your right.

Keep digging JG. We get it now. You and GWG have both made it clear that you don’t care if our AD lies and deceives as long as it is in an effort to promote the team. Not really something you would want printed in your obituary or your friends and family to know, but still your right.

Oh so now our AD is a liar again? You wouldn't admit he was earlier today. Which one is it hypocrite?

The recruiting statement is misleading and a lie if interpreted the way recruiting rankings really work. I wish they would have left it out. Happy?

Fleck isn’t going to stop finding technicalities, spin, etc, to promote the direction of the program and why we are on the rise.
It works on the intended audience, recruits.

It doesn’t work on Spoofin and Dpo.

Noted.

Oh so now our AD is a liar again? You wouldn't admit he was earlier today. Which one is it hypocrite?

Seriously dude, you really struggle on comprehension. I have never said MC doesn’t lie - in fact I listed a few of them in a post earlier today. I also said today he didn’t lie about “lowering ticket prices” when you asked, “where is the lie” in that thread. Is this really too hard for you?

He lies. He deceives. And he isn’t successful with those tactics in part because he is inept. And you told us you don’t understand why I would care about those things if done in promoting the team. Is that clear enough for you?

Fleck isn’t going to stop finding technicalities, spin, etc, to promote the direction of the program and why we are on the rise.
It works on the intended audience, recruits.

It doesn’t work on Spoofin and Dpo.

Noted.

It must drive them batsh&t crazy to watch commercials. They probably have to look away.

The recruiting statement is misleading and a lie if interpreted the way recruiting rankings really work. I wish they would have left it out. Happy?

Happier. I probably shouldn’t have lumped you in on that last post anyway.

Seriously dude, you really struggle on comprehension. I have never said MC doesn’t lie - in fact I listed a few of them in a post earlier today. I also said today he didn’t lie about “lowering ticket prices” when you asked, “where is the lie” in that thread. Is this really too hard for you?

He lies. He deceives. And he isn’t successful with those tactics in part because he is inept. And you told us you don’t understand why I would care about those things if done in promoting the team. Is that clear enough for you?

Straight from your post earlier today:

Who said it was a lie?
I said it is presented in a misleading way - SOP for this administration. Just like top 25 recruiting class, winningest first year coach since 1954, etc. A lie would be more like saying we won 4 of 5 down the stretch, had the best back-to-back recruiting classes in school history, we are the 2nd youngest team in America, or that PJ took a pay cut to come here. There is a difference.

So where again did he lie? We already discussed the recruiting class comment from the spring game, which wasn't a lie. He didn't lie about ticket prices either, which you admit. I have yet to see a real example of Mark Coyle lying, yet you claim he's a liar. So where are they?

Straight from your post earlier today:

So where again did he lie? We already discussed the recruiting class comment from the spring game, which wasn't a lie. He didn't lie about ticket prices either, which you admit. I have yet to see a real example of Mark Coyle lying, yet you claim he's a liar. So where are they?

Read the post you quoted again then tell me I wasn’t referring to just the ticket prices when I said he wasn’t a liar earlier. Yet, you just said I would admit that he was a liar today. Seems he isn’t the only one that is.

Example. Read the post you quoted again. There is one recent one there. How about when he said he fired TC due to attendance #s? Lie. How about when he said he discussed the suspensions with TC beforehand? Lie. Seriously, I could probably name 5 more without research.

Good you continue to defend the top 25 and ticket price deception too.

Read the post you quoted again then tell me I wasn’t referring to just the ticket prices when I said he wasn’t a liar earlier. Yet, you just said I would admit that he was a liar today. Seems he isn’t the only one that is.

Example. Read the post you quoted again. There is one recent one there. How about when he said he fired TC due to attendance #s? Lie. How about when he said he discussed the suspensions with TC beforehand? Lie. Seriously, I could probably name 5 more without research.

The back to back best recruiting classes? When did Coyle say that? Firing TC due to attendance? That was one of the many reason's he gave for firing TC. It still wasn't a lie. How do you know he didn't discuss the suspensions with TC?

Good you continue to defend the top 25 and ticket price deception too.

Neither are lies, which we've already discussed.

The back to back best recruiting classes? When did Coyle say that? Firing TC due to attendance? That was one of the many reason's he gave for firing TC. It still wasn't a lie. How do you know he didn't discuss the suspensions with TC?

Neither are lies, which we've already discussed.

My last post to you. Your efforts are weak and transparent. You simply can’t comprehend what you don’t want to see.

Not the top back-to-back or top 25 recruiting. That was deception, not lies. The 4 of 5 —- that was a Lie.

Most of what he said in the TC firing presser was a lie - including that he did it because of attendance. Otherwise, PJ should be worried. Yes, I know TC didn’t agree with the suspensions as claimed. How? TC said so and doesn’t have a history of being a snake.

Top 25 recruiting and ticket prices. Yes, not a lie. Just intentional deception. I’ll give you he prefers deception to lies - but not exclusively. You have already told us all that deceiving doesn’t bother you as long as he is deceiving to promote the U. Kudos for that. Your parents would be proud.

My last post to you. Your efforts are weak and transparent. You simply can’t comprehend what you don’t want to see.

Not the top back-to-back or top 25 recruiting. That was deception, not lies. The 4 of 5 —- that was a Lie.

Most of what he said in the TC firing presser was a lie - including that he did it because of attendance. Otherwise, PJ should be worried. Yes, I know TC didn’t agree with the suspensions as claimed. How? TC said so and doesn’t have a history of being a snake.

Top 25 recruiting and ticket prices. Yes, not a lie. Just intentional deception. I’ll give you he prefers deception to lies - but not exclusively. You have already told us all that deceiving doesn’t bother you as long as he is deceiving to promote the U. Kudos for that. Your parents would be proud.

So you continue to make stuff up, and label people as liars based on whatever agenda you want to believe in the moment. This post is another prime example of it. Let's hope it's your last post. You truly live in a fantasy world.

Top Bottom