Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

How far does Iowa slide now?
    Winasota Gopher now takes me seriously.....you should too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by golfing18now View Post
    I'm already pondering that. I reshuffle the deck on Friday. Last week I had the Hawkeyes #5. They won't stay there, I know that much, but still enough pieces to be pretty decent.

I've been thinking about it and if we get Coffey back I really like this team. I think I've been overestimating illinois they weren't that good down the stretch. I feel like IU will be better as well than I thought. Also have no clue what to make of Nebby

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    I've been thinking about it and if we get Coffey back I really like this team. I think I've been overestimating illinois they weren't that good down the stretch. I feel like IU will be better as well than I thought. Also have no clue what to make of Nebby

I think Illinois makes a huge jump. Maybe not to top four, but they are going to be pretty good. Excellent nucleus coming back, and a great recruiting class including a late five star addition, along with their painful "rock fight" style, and they will be a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Man View Post
    I think Illinois makes a huge jump. Maybe not to top four, but they are going to be pretty good. Excellent nucleus coming back, and a great recruiting class including a late five star addition, along with their painful "rock fight" style, and they will be a lot better.
    I don't doubt they'll be better I had them hanging around top four area, but I am not sold the jump will be that great after thinking about it more, they didn't play well in February and I know Iowa is sliding, Wisconsin depth is iffy, but if we get Coffey back and Penn State keeps Lamar Stevens, Purdue is a wild card, they could be good if some guys in the backcourt step up. IU was playing well at the end of the year with minimal help from Romeo. I think the Illini will be in that 6th-9th range, still good enough to get to the dance

Quote Originally Posted by golfing18now View Post
    I’d say 10th.

Wisconsin has finished in the top four in 17 of the last 18 B1G seasons. I think if they get there this year it will quiet some of the Gard is no Bo Ryan people. If they don't make it. Badgerfans will be restless but it still is not the end of Gard. It will become tenuous though. If Coffey comes back for the Gophers I thing they will be really tough. He's a real difference maker. Good nucleus returning and they should all be better, I think Gabe Kaleschuer will make a big jump and Oturu will be a huge surprise to many in the B1G. He good!

Blog Entries

Default May 24 B1G Friday B1G Offseason Standings Projection: Gophers up to #6

Is this with Coffey back yet SS?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Is this with Coffey back yet SS?
    All Gopher projections to this point are assuming he returns. Next Friday the projections could like quite a bit different depending on the decisions of Coffey, Wesson, and Stevens. Also waiting to hear whether Rasir Bolton stays at Penn State. He was a nice freshman for the Nittany Lions last season.

Blog Entries

Default Updated B1G Friday Offseason Standings Projection

For the first time, I projected every conference game, so several changes this time around. There were several ties in the standings (Michigan-Wisconsin, Rutgers-Indiana, Northwestern-Nebraska), so in those instances I used Big Ten Tournament tie-breaking procedures.

Last edited by SelectionSunday; 06-14-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Gophers holding at #9

Moving Penn State & Indiana up, and Iowa down significantly. I'm now convinced we won't see Jordan Bohannon until 2020-21 season. Hawkeyes drop to Weakling Wednesday.

Conference SOS is a factor in these rankings. Here's how I'd rank the Big Ten schedules, most difficult to least difficult.

Most Difficult to Least Difficult
    1 Northwestern
    2 Rutgers
    3 Indiana
    4 Michigan
    5 Illinois
    6 Iowa
    7 Minnesota
    8 Nebraska
    9 Penn State
    10 Wisconsin
    11 Maryland
    12 Michigan State
    13 Purdue
    14 Ohio State
    Last edited by SelectionSunday; 06-21-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Default No changes this week

Taking a couple weeks off, next Friday projection in three weeks (July 19).