Cashman’s football odyssey: From St. Thomas recruit to Gophers walk-on to NFL draft

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

While North Dakota State, Minnesota Duluth and others were in the mix, Cashman was “very close” to attending St. Thomas to play football and basketball, another sport he loves and played for the Eagles.

“It was discouraging, and honestly, I lacked some confidence and doubted myself; that is why I was going to go to St. Thomas,” Cashman told the Pioneer Press last week. “That is where I knew I was safe and would be able to play (both sports), have a great college experience and a great sports career.”

But Cashman reflected on that near decision. “I’ve still always believed in myself enough to the point to where I’m going to go after my dreams,” he said.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/s...ssey-st-thomas-recruit-gophers-walk-nfl-draft

Go Gophers!!

The absolute definition of a gamer.

I believe NDSU only offered him as a walk on as well, glad they didn't offer him a scholarship and make his decision tougher

Sort of a defensive version of Eric Decker.

He is the epitome of local kid made good Through hard work and dedication, he is about to reach the pinnacle of footballdome

The absolute definition of a gamer.

I thought a gamer was someone who didn’t look good in practice, but then played well in games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is the epitome of local kid made good <b>Through hard work and dedication, </b>he is about to reach the pinnacle of footballdome

Blake gets hard work and dedication.
Green gets maturation through a nudge.
How do you decide?

Would be a great addition to the Vikes. Cashman and Thelen would make a super story

Cashman is currently ranked #247 on ESPN’s best available. Something has to give...

Cashman is currently ranked #247 on ESPN’s best available. Something has to give...

Huh, Zierling is doubling down on his wonderful pre-combine assessment. Unless teams think his shoulders are attached with baling wire and bubble gum (maybe) most seem to think he’ll go in the middle rounds. I guess we’ll see soon enough.

Last edited:

Everybody’s an expert GM this time of year! For what it’s worth Cash-money was #133 to start the night on CBS.

Last edited:

Blake gets hard work and dedication.
Green gets maturation through a nudge.
How do you decide?

It's kind of a fair point, but one is a walk on and one is a 4 star.

It's kind of a fair point, but one is a walk on and one is a 4 star.

Still just waiting for Hungan’s explanation on why he thinks Green was immature, channeling things in the wrong direction, and not a good teammate (his words, not mine). He credited PJ “nudging” Seth for fixing that yet gives Blake all the credit for making himself a great player. Curious why one player gets trashed and the other praised. They had different expectations coming in, but both seem pretty similar in their commitment to being good people and teammates.

Blake going undrafted would be a huge disappointment.
I think he will be drafted, but I also was surprised when his stock “rose” into the second round.
He is a good late round pick. But there were games he disappeared. There were games he looked slow. I personally wouldn’t consider talking him in the first three rounds.
Would consider taking him based on needs in rounds 4-7

I think he will be drafted, but I also was surprised when his stock “rose” into the second round.
He is a good late round pick. But there were games he disappeared. There were games he looked slow. <b>I personally wouldn’t consider talking him in the first three rounds.</b>
Would consider taking him based on needs in rounds 4-7

You literally posted this right after the third round ended. <b>Pretty Bold</b>

You literally posted this right after the third round ended. <b>Pretty Bold</b>

Well I said the same thing in other threads the past few weeks.
Wasn’t really trying to be bold.
Was hoping he would be picked earlier, but I never really quite understood why he was going to jump from a late rounder to a second rounder.

Bumped my original take on cashman in the other thread in case you care. (You don’t)

Last edited:

Top Bottom